Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My 1950 Chevy Styleline DeLuxe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LeftCoastErik, May 7, 2011.

1. LeftCoastErik

LeftCoastErik

Thanks man

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

2. kool51

kool51
    from italy

incredible! I'm speechless

3. Coopa

Coopa

Very cool ride and nice decisions along the way. Found your thread and read the whole thing in two nites. Learned a lot. Thanks.

Re: Wheel rub, check out getting your axle shortened on one side only by two inches and offset the pumpkin centerline by an inch, wont hurt and costs half of what trimming both sides of the rear axle does.

Tranny shift vagueness, before ya whip out the transmission check the linkage, rods, bolts, and any wear parts. Could save you a ton of work....

4. LeftCoastErik

LeftCoastErik

Thanks coopa. I haven't had a tire rub issue since i bagged it and aligned it.
    The shifting issue was in the original 3-speed so i fixed that when i went to the t5

5. LeftCoastErik

LeftCoastErik

My Car is finally in for the rest of the paint! I am trying like hell to get the paint and interior done for Santa Maria, we'll see what happens. I re-did the air ride in the back to recover some of my trunk. I am really happy/impressed with the AccuAir Exo-Mount system. I built the whole thing in my livingroom and then mounted it up and plugged it in. WAY COOL.
    Before we got into the blocking, we decided to customize the rear bumper. First we straightened the ends to match the body contour, then we chopped about an inch out of each end to bring them in nice and tight. I'll be tig-ing the exhaust and license surround into the bumper and shaving the bolts also. More pics to come on that.

Attached Files:

6. Erik

That bumper looks cool!

just a side note, I'm already tired of hearing my electric pump :p
    Working on adding a York engine driven compressor to mine.

7. LeftCoastErik

LeftCoastErik

Yeah, I hear ya. This system with two pumps is quieter than the single I had before. I think because the pumps are rubber isolated. I also isolated the tank mount. So its still loud, but not rattley. I don't think the 235 would appreciate an engine mounted pump...I am already worried about how it will do with the AC compressor that I haven't mounted yet.

8. HotrodTrash

HotrodTrash
    from Hanford,ca

Great job so far! One of my favorite threads to read daily. Hey, what driveshaft did you go with? Did you have one custom made or pick one up out of a donor car. Running the same set up. Bad ass chevy!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

9. teddyp

teddyp

i follow this thread and you did great job i like everything you did the only driffrent thing i would have done was a sbc instead of the 6 but thats my choice great car enjoy the shit out of it

10. LeftCoastErik

LeftCoastErik

Thanks guys. I had the driveshaft made. I wanted something more old school and honestly aside from being a little slow it cruises great and gets 20mpg so I dig it

11. LeftCoastErik

LeftCoastErik

Here is some of the work from this weekend. Spend some time at Hill's Rod and Custom playing on the lathe. Made up some bezels for these bitchen stainless tips my buddy Brian had stashed away. I let him Tig them in since I'm just learning and I would have probably screwed it up..

Attached Files:

12. Luckey7

Luckey7

Erik, you have mad skills my friend. Have you ever been offered anything for your car? IF you were going to sale it, what would be your price? Just curious!! NOT trying to get you out of it. BTW..........BEAUTIFUL car brotha!!

13. BadLuck

BadLuck

Thats awesome! i got a "drinkable" award from Alex too :D the rear bumper treatment you are doing is badass buddy..

14. LeftCoastErik

LeftCoastErik

Haha, nice! I feel like I'm in good company then

Ended up modifying the bezels on the bumber. Stuck out too far. I took a little off the top, but faded them down to nothing at the bottom. Sucked the tips in to about 1/2". Think I am going to bodywork them once I get them in copper and the have them nickel plated. Roll with that and my brushed stainless trim

15. LeftCoastErik

LeftCoastErik

In the booth and final prime DONE

Attached Files:

16. BadLuck

BadLuck

<--- this guy can't wait to see this painted!!

17. nitrousnutter

nitrousnutter

Can't wait to see it painted, I love what you have done with the hood do you have pics if how you did it? As I've looked through the thread and couldn't see any :)

18. Cruiser

Cruiser

The car is looking so awesome, Erik you have come far with the car and it's looking so good. Funny thing, there is a lot of things you did on your ride, I did on may &#8217;52 Fleetline. My '52 will be a very similar green with gold pearl. Can't wait to see your ride in color.

Here's link to my fleetline -
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/album.php?albumid=31397

CRUISER :cool:

Last edited: Apr 13, 2013
  19. LeftCoastErik

LeftCoastErik

Cruiser the fleet line looks good! Nitrous nutter the hood got stripped, 1/4round rod welded in and faded front and rear. We filled the badge recess and holes and that's about it

20. nitrousnutter

nitrousnutter

Cool that's a very nice touch, would like to do something similar on mine when I get round to doing the bodywork, it's nice little touches like that that sets it aside from the rest :)

21. layedout49

layedout49

Keep up the good work Erik !! Hope to see you soon at HAMB & eggs &#128077;

22. EnfadosoS

EnfadosoS

Looking really good!!!

23. what the rear diff out of ??

24. LeftCoastErik

LeftCoastErik

S10 4x4

25. oldrelics

oldrelics
    from Calgary

Nice, cant wait for paint. I'm lovin these cars more n more everday.

26. LeftCoastErik

LeftCoastErik

Front bumper teaser..

Attached Files:

27. 1951Biff

1951Biff

I just ran through this whole build tonight and I am absolutely inspired, thrilled and drooling! You have such a great eye and this build gives this hillbilly a bit of hope! Thanks so much for sharing your journey with us. This car is great and well deserving of every stinking trophy she gets!

Well played man, well played!
    Biff

28. LeftCoastErik

LeftCoastErik

More bumper trimming. I'll finish drilling and tapping the brackets tonight and then we can start on the filler panel

Attached Files:

29. M.Edell

M.Edell

Lookin Bad Ass Erik..Were gonna look good going down the road to Santa Maria.

30. LeftCoastErik

LeftCoastErik

Hell yeah!!