Register now to get rid of these ads!

1934 Ford 5 Window Coupe Quarters ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 66L-79, Feb 1, 2011.

1. 66L-79

66L-79

I have just bought two 34 Coupe's both are 5 window one is a old dirt track car and the other needs both quarters, is there anyone making the quarters for the cars or does anyone have two used ones. Unless my mind changes I will post the race car on here for sale when I get them, looks like it is going to be Saturday before I will be able to go pick them up.

2. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

Maybe Steve's Auto Restorations in Portland. I know they make some '33-'34 panels but not sure if they only make roadster sheet metal. Someone will know how close roadster quarters are to coupes.

3. Try Don Smart in NC. Do a search on here, his phone number is listed in some of the posts. Check out the HAMB'ers pictures of his stuff for reference.

4. 4ever18

4ever18

Don Smart currently makes quarter panel flanks, which will allow you to save damaged original quarter panels ('33/4 Fords). Here are a few photos of his quarter panels and rear body corners. He can be reached at 828-874-4609.

Don's parts are first quality! You won't be disappointed.

Attached Files:

5. skidlid

skidlid
    from motor city

Super nice guy to deal with and an awesome product

6. junkyardgenius

junkyardgenius
    from Kernow

Like skidlid says, Don is first class . I,m in England and have used some of Don,s parts and it all fits.

7. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just one more vote for Donnie Smart. I have a bunch of his panels on my 5w and they are absolutely stunning.

Remember to post some pics when you get these drug home.

-Abone.

8. donut29

donut29
    from canton MI

Chalk up another vote for Don

9. 66L-79

66L-79

Thanks for all of the information and help I look forward to speaking with Don the pics. of his parts look like they are very nice parts.

10. 32fivewindow

32fivewindow
    from USA!

Sacramento Kustoms I believe makes repop quarters too. Haven't personally used em, but I am considering a set for my 5w.

11. woodyTom

woodyTom
    from canton MI

don smart is the man

12. 66L-79

66L-79

I picked up the two 34's today one an old dirt track race car the other will need both quarters and many many other parts too. Has anyone ever said this, they are rougher than two nights in JAIL well they are. When I told the man I would take the cars I should have been listening in stead of talking.

13. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Rough does not matter, anything can be fixed. Grab em, get em home and post some pics.

Here is mine.

[​IMG]

Donnies panel.

[​IMG]

I also have his subrails, 1/4 end panels and some other stuff and it is all dreamy.

Good luck, -Abone.

14. 66L-79

66L-79

I tried to load some pics. but it failed I will load some when I figure out why it is doing this.

15. 66L-79

66L-79

Here is a couple of pics.

Attached Files:

dutchrod likes this.
  16. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

OH BABY!!!!!!! Those are definately fixable.

Nice score, -Abone.

17. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

The horror! However, IMHO, no matter how rough, any 34 coupe is worth saving!!!
    HAMBer Rocky utilized SAR roadster quarters on his 5/w.

18. 4ever18

4ever18

In case someone needing the rear body corners wants to know the length of the repair panel, here's a photo of Don Smart's panel along side a measuring tape (inches), as well as a couple more photos.

Attached Files:

19. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

No problem! Here's an old racer I started with - it will hit the road this year.
    You can do it, it just takes a lot of work and remember to be patient. Oh yeah, don't be dissuaded by the "you've got to be kidding" comments, they eat their words by the time you are finished. Good luck with the project!

Attached Files:

20. slick377

slick377

Just gotta keep showing that perfect race car body you wrecked for a Hot Rod didn't ya ...

21. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

I cannot believe how many 32 to 34 Ford coupes ended up on the race track in this area. Most of the cars that raced back in the day seemed to be of that vintage from pictures I have seen. So I am glad I was able to pull at least one of them back to the street.

As far as rear quarters go, now that Steve's in Oregon has stopped the 34 3 window production, have they also stopped selling their repro rear quarters? I do not see them listed in their online catalog any longer. Anyone got any info on this?

22. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

Steves told me that they were getting the stamping dies setup at a new company and they had no 1/4s left to sell....That was over 6 months ago..Another person supposedly "in the know" said they are having legal issues with Ford? That might be just a rumor?