Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage portland swap meet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by marcshall, Feb 26, 2013.

1. dubcee

dubcee

Silversink there has been reasonable electric mobility scooter rental on the track the last couple of years.

2. Choptop

Choptop

I'll be there set up in Expo Hall D, space 3265. Stop in, say hi, bring me a beer :D

3. mj40's

mj40's

I will be going over Thursday morning. Haven't been for 8 years and looking forward to it.

4. zboo2

zboo2
    BANNED

Guys, be really careful about parking at the yellow house to the South of the horse track. I've heard people parking there can not use the shuttle buses to get to PIR or the Expo center, make sure you ask him 1st and verify as this may have changed.

He does not contribute to the cost of running the buses or paying for the drivers and fuel.

Again, verify before you pay if you choose to park there.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2013
  5. Kustombuick

Kustombuick

Hey Wayne, ya gonna have The Fireball again this year??? Same spots as last year? See ya Thursday...Alan

6. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Yes, anyone who doesn't park at the designated area at Portland Meadows, wont get a shuttle ride to or from the swap meet. I've seen guys ask on the bus to be let off at various places along the way and had to take the ride back to the track and walk. Long ride, long walk.

7. Almost packed.... Dang. Excited, Portland is tradition in my family & for once I have a little money & my own project.

8. Half-Fast Motors

Half-Fast Motors

I'll stop by & say "Hi" to you April, hope you have some new photos.

9. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

Im seeing rain rain. Thats sucks. But im still going.

10. silversink

silversink

I'm going ,I just don't know how far

11. zboo2

zboo2
    BANNED

The track was pretty full today and it looked like a lot of vendors pulled out parts that have been sitting quite awhile, lots of dust on them.

12. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

For sale/trade
    ford 9'' 28 spline center section with 3.89 gears with spool installed aprx. 150 miles on it. make me a offer. if i dont get a message before friday morning i wont bring it. :D

13. The_Monster

The_Monster

Ive never missed a year. This will be my 33rd year in a row! My mom and dad started taking my brother and I when I was 5 years old. We've had many booths for over 25 years in a row. To me, this is the biggest event besides Christmas! Its kinda like Christmas! Hummm... maybe better than Christmas. It lasts for four days, not just one morning! haha!

As far as the rain, who cares???? We never have. Just dress accordingly, in layers. Wear a backpack for your treasures, water, snacks, and a place to put the jacket if the sun comes out. As a vendor, rain is good. In years past when the meet was sunny, people all went to the coast!

We love rain! And this year is no exception! In typical swapmeet April fashion, check out the weather forecast! Sunny up to Wednesday. Then from Thursday to Sunday, rain. Then the sun returns on Monday again. Its almost as if the NW knows when were having the meet!!! LOL!

See you all there!!

14. db300

db300

Just an FYI, if you're looking for good live music on Friday, the Full Zoo is playing at the near by Janzen Beach Red Lion's lounge. Great great 60's to 90's cover band.

15. rusty bill

rusty bill

Stop by building D and check out some neat stuff at my usuall space #3085.

16. fordman1

fordman1

Based on the forecast I better tie my canopy to my '50 that is for sale!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

17. Do any of you guys know of anyone selling any nos mopar taillight lenses?? I need a new pair for my 50 dodge wayfarer. I'm headed up Friday morning hopefully.

18. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

I'll pop by and say hey for sure.

19. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Had a great day today at the race track! We hit there at 6:30am and left for home around 3:30pm! My buddy got a really nice '39 Ford Std. Coupe that's virtually rust free, but no engine or trans. I picked up a bargain deal on four tires and wheels for the Falcon gasser project, plus tons of other goodies!
    We're headed back over in the morning for the Expo swap meet!

20. fordman1

fordman1

Made it to my spot! 6495 so swing by and say hello. One question, anyone have an outlet and a way to charge a 6v here at the Expo? Otherwise I am hauling the battery home and bak tomorrow and she is heavy! ImageUploadedByTJJ1365126179.371365.jpg

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

21. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

Dropped off my 38 Willys nose at a buddy's stall last night. Saw some cool shit...

I'll be there Saturday milling around. If you see me, say hey. I'll be the guy with huge sideburns wearing a beanie and "ESTRANGED CC" jacket.

See ya there!

22. Yep....the rain is great....until the vendors cover up their stuff and you end up paying to get in just to see a sea of blue tarps and nobody minding the spaces.

23. Floorboardinit

Floorboardinit

Man, every year I go I find too much stuff!! This was my first find on Thursday at the Expo....a culver city quickie with an ancient velvet lined box full of gears and an extra cover for $650!!! The kinda sad story was the guy (now in his 70's) was building a hot rod '40 Ford with his father in the fifties. The quick change was destined for the Ford but after a rather heated argument regarding the car the project was scrapped and sold. This quickie has been quietly hiding for 60 years.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And just cause I'm a sucker for this kinda stuff I picked up an old chrome clamshell for $20.
    [​IMG]

Picked up a few nice gauges and a beauty of a '32 roadster/5 window rumble lid and even some beat front fenders on the super cheap. One of the best swap meets and I always come home BROKE!! I better start saving for next year. JohnnyA

24. Dave L

Dave L
    from Idaho

So far so good, stopped by and met a few of the guys who posted vender spaces, got a few parts for the "A" and oh yea, picked up a 354 hemi for the Dodge project.

Dave L.

25. On the train to Portland now! Should be in Vancouver in 20 minute's. Life on the rails! Lol

26. Standard gas&oil

Standard gas&oil
    from USA #1

Took the day off work and found some really nice porcelain gas and oil signs and a old Standard gas pump.

27. fordman1

fordman1

Pretty good first day! My car isn't sold but got to meet some new people and even a few that had never heard of the HAMB! I am chained to my car until it sells so swing by and say hello if you can.

28. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Friday was another great day, and I could barely pull my cart by the time we left Expo to head home!
    If I have one complaint; it's the same complaint as every other year. Tons of vendors with spaces covered well into the morning, or not arriving until well after the event opens. I've given up on making return trips to see if the seller is there, and just write them off as not wanting to sell their stuff.
    There's plenty of other sellers who are there and open to sell, so no reason to return to a closed booth.

29. A Rodder

A Rodder

I scored two sets of 35 wires, one freshly powdercoated red and the others were blue and a set of black bent spoke kelsey's freshly powdercoated in black wrapped in Firestone 760's and 600's with rings and 32 caps.

And, DUBCEE, is that you talking about sawzalling off the roof of that coupe?

30. A Rodder

A Rodder

There was a really kickass little falcon wagon, I think a '63 with a fourspeed for 4K. I liked that alot. There was probably about 10 cars marked sold at the expo by about noon. Kinda curious what some went for as they were probably mostly fair or better than fair priced. Most that hadn't sold were VERY high priced.

NO RAIN on Fri until about five minutes before we left. Got really lucky on that.