Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage Dirt Track Cars

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ford6man27, Feb 1, 2011.

1. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

When you log in, check the little box that says "Remember me" or something like that under your password. Gene

2. Here's mine I found in a ravine. I plan to turn this back into a street car.

Attached Files:

3. jonzcustomshop

jonzcustomshop

body might be ot, but I notice it has a 567 chev frame in it , which I think was a common switch for 67-76 camaro stockcars

4. The Old Flemington Speedway from 1972...

Attached Files:

5. An old NE 32 Modified at Syracuse.

Attached Files:

6. One I drove by a few years back and u-turned to meet the owner and get the story.

Attached Files:

7. 64mod

64mod

Ive seen cars in your area on the web for years now. Great collection. Im looking for one too that was raced possibly in okc at the fairgrounds. Let one go?

8. 64mod

64mod

Cool idea !would never thought to build one out of square tubing

9. Frankenstein57

Frankenstein57

Southeastern Wisconsin had one hell of a modified division in the 50's and 60's. It went by way of the late model in 72. There is an active group "MSC" that restores and shows these cars throughout the year, here are some show pics.

Attached Files:

Hank37 likes this.
  10. cliffwizard

cliffwizard

this a dirt car i bought in tennessee a few months ago. i can not
    find out any info on the car. it was bought in kings port tennessee .
    there wasn't a number on the car.
    cliff staten island ny.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
  11. Terrible Tom

Terrible Tom

Nice! Did you buy it in that condition?
    Tom

12. ford6man27

ford6man27

Nice looking car. What is your plan for an engine? A picture of the front end would be good. Front axle, wheels ect. Hope you find some history on it. I lucked out on the 34 ford I am restoring now. I raced with it in 1967. and have old programs with the car in them. Good luck

Andy

13. I have this old probably Little Falls (NY) (long gone) car on the way back burner, '39 Chevy coupe.

It needs a roof skin, a frame swap, and a lot of bent tin hammered out. I did pick up a hood for it since that pic. Looks like it was white with blue fenders and a red 45 on the doors.

Looks like it ran open drive with a 55-57 Chevy V8 (trans is still there), straight axle front end with dual shocks all around, the steering is not stock and I'm not sure what it's out of other than it's a one piece manual steer where the box and column are one unit - and there's this thing under the dash on the right side. I can't remember if I ever figured out what it was, like a big vaccuum can or something. Not the fuel tank, that was in the rear. Best pic I have right now.

Attached Files:

14. SuperJim

SuperJim
    from Minnesota

Great thread. I love this kind of stuff...

15. Cirelli

Cirelli
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

I raced on the dirt in the mid & late 60's. The cars I ran started off in the 30's & ended up in the 50's. The only picture I still have is of an old 56 Chevy that I raced,

[​IMG]

16. cliffwizard

cliffwizard

right now it is set up for a chevy motor . This year i will put the 327 in it. If i locate fenders for it will switch to the flat head. If you go to the bottom of your computer screen you should be able to move the screen left and right with the arrows and see the front of the car. Once i learn how to get my photos into a fromat i will post the photos the right way.thanks

17. cliffwizard

cliffwizard

yes no motor or trans

18. Fugly Too

Fugly Too

Well crap..................................

Now I want one!:rolleyes:

19. k9racer

k9racer

It could be one of the late Rod Long cars. he had a stable of vintage race cars . I don't have any knowlege where they all went.

20. ratt99

ratt99
    from mo

here is my new project it is a c.a.e supermodified

Attached Files:

21. papascar

papascar

This is a pic of dads race car sometime in the "50s" then my race car and next project hope pics come out dont do this very often

Attached Files:

22. pushrod1955

pushrod1955

Are you sure "Keyport" TN. or Kingsport Tennessee? Do you remember who you bought it from? The reason I'm asking is I'm from that area and have been in racing several years. Just interested.

23. cagedruss

cagedruss

Here is a couple of pictures of my Dad's 55 Ford and 57 Chev. Ford was at Medford Or Speedway and 57 was at the old Centraila/Chehalis fairgrounds in the mid 60's

Attached Files:

24. cliffwizard

cliffwizard

yes you were right it was kingsport tn ,i bought it off roger smith he said he was selling it for his aunt (her boyfriend bought it and passed away) any info on this car would be great . thanks cliff

25. GerryO

GerryO
    from San Jose

[​IMG]

http://www.thompsonmotorsales.com/jerry.html

26. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Love those early 60's Wisconsin / No Illinois modifieds! These photos are the only ones I have access to at the moment. Johnny Reimer (and Miles Melius) were my local dirt track hero's (hey, is there a song in there some place?) at the old Waukegan Speedway. I graduated HS there in 1966. I loved the look of the older cars more, with the Road Warrior bumpers! Gary

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
  27. joecjohnson50

joecjohnson50

28. wicarnut

wicarnut

Family Midget, 48-present, Under restoration, will go back to work on it this winter. John

Attached Files:

29. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

30. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Hardtop racing in San Jose, CA got me hooked at age 10! Loved any and everything open-wheeled, those San Jose guys really 'wheeled 'em' in those days.

Al 'Mambo' Pombo, Ray Raineri, Johnny Ringo...Howard Kaeding...later became friends, as I grew into hot rods.
    Those guys drew up my 'formative years'.