Register now to get rid of these ads!

chop or not!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fritzz, Apr 3, 2013.

1. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Oh, and I am firmly in the "wheels, tires' and bitchin' stance" crew too! Matter of fact if I had an "A" that clean I'd do a dropped axle, hydraulic brakes, "T" rear spring, some hop up goodies for the 'banger, 16" steel wheels with 4.50/4.75 and 7.00 Firetones, and hide an S-10 five gear so I could drive it anywhere. Why pull a complete, drivable car apart and turn it into a project it really doesn't need to be?

2. no chop too clean..
    maybe sell or trade it for one that needs ALOT of work, then i say chop it :D

looks really good by the way;)

3. 49styleline

49styleline
    from oregon

no chop would be unique and cool but either way it will look good

4. hot34coupe

hot34coupe

Nice car, Chopping is an option that that isn't for everyone or every car. I had my 34' 3-window for 18 years before I decided to take a wack at it. Best thing I ever did to the car. Being that I am only 5'9" chopping the top 3" worked out great, got the look I wanted and I have never regretted it. I had a 31 Model A coupe years ago that was unchopped. I loved all the headroom but hated the "look" as the body to roof proportions weren't right. I sold it after one year. A "stock" model A looks good like it is, but if it is a hot rod they need that "Attitude" that only a chopped top will achieve. Well, thats my story and I am sticking to it!!!!!!!!!

5. fritzz

fritzz
    from canada

thanks for all the input guys,guess i will have a sleepless night ahead of me.

6. Topless Ford

Topless Ford

Well, you Canucks drink milk from ziplock bags so stay strange and don't chop it. I like what Need Louvers had to say.

7. 55willys

55willys

Find the parts out of someone else's chop and raise the roof. It will confuse the hell out of everyone:D

8. A Rodder

A Rodder

9. Gilbert Campeau

Gilbert Campeau

leave it nice ride

10. fritzz

fritzz
    from canada

my first thoughts were removing the fenders,lowering the front and rear,40 steel wheels and some speed parts for the banger.

11. Contrary to popular belief every Model A doesn't need to be chopped.

As nice as that car is I would sell it to someone that want's a original and find something already chopped. HRP

12. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

Good Gravy, that car is way too nice to ruin!
    Leave the fenders, dropped front axle, juice binders, wheels. some hop-up, and all is good!
    KK

13. Mooseandsqurl53

Mooseandsqurl53
    from N.J.

Leave it alone. Chop a junker. Guy wanted to buy my A when I had it for sale and after he told me his intentions, I refused to sell it to him. My avatar is of the same car after I bought it back in 2008. Yes, I've owned it twice.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2013
  14. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

This is why I keep my mouth shut when I'm looking at a car.LOL

15. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Last edited: Apr 3, 2013
  16. Mooseandsqurl53

Mooseandsqurl53
    from N.J.

Probably a good practice, temper, the guy I'm talking about bought another car, did what he said he was going to do to mine and then never finished it. Would have been a hell of a waste.

17. That car begs for a hopped up 4 cylinder,dropped axle and just a cool old school vibe. HRP

18. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

I have to agree here. It is a real nice stocker and would be a shame to cut it up.

19. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Same here, had many offers....NO SALE.

Attached Files:

20. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

No chop!! Check out my build thread, I'm leaving mine tall!!

21. F-ONE

F-ONE
    from Alabama

I hate waste. Someone put a lot of effort, money, time and most likely love into that car. To chop that car would be a waste.
    I would enjoy it as is or sell it to somebody who would appreciate for what it is. Then I would find one I could "improve" upon instead of one to "screw up".

22. chopd top

chopd top
    from Florida
    1. HAMB Relays

THIS is the way to go! Gotta agree on pulling apart a complete drivable car just to make it into a project, too!

23. Chevychopper

Chevychopper
    from Smyrna, DE

Leave that one. Looks cool like it is.

24. FourBangNCanuck

FourBangNCanuck
    from ON, Canada

25. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

no shortage of stock model A's---grab the sawsall and torch...

26. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

never has anything been said better,I'd even throw on a set of fenders to throw your car into a never before seen bitchin model A.just saying ,what the hell is taking a car,and to chopping it to the point you can't see out of it ,channeling to the point ,it is'nt comfortable to drive.just to be cool.and when and if the time comes,you really need to get your $$$ back and it just won't bring back your promise,old cars have chacter(sp) they look the way they do because thats the way they were designed.they've been cut up,chopped up,slammbed to the ground ,hacked ,and pro built.it's refreshing to see a A bone with upgrades ,that have'nt totaly taken away it's true blood

27. outlaw1949

outlaw1949

leave it alone and enjoy it

28. 296ardun

296ardun

No chop...some of the best A coupes had little done to them except down in front, solid wheels, new headlights, but not much else...but, it's your car....

29. buckd

buckd

I fully agree the car is beautiful now. It's getting to where there aren't many unmolested looking ones left. so be different like everybody else.:DBUCKD

30. ThrottleJockey

ThrottleJockey