Register now to get rid of these ads!

Full fendered "T"s thread... Official maybe?!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by need louvers ?, Mar 22, 2013.

1. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

$T2eC16F,!)cE9s4PsOgeBQhgeGPGfQ~~60_57.JPG I found this in my saved stuff looking for other things a few minutes ago...

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
  2. Are those bodies on top of that there sedan?

Not to start a war, but (keyword) ... I much prefer the ones that don't look street roddy.

3. bornhigh

bornhigh
    from SOCAL

Good subject! I thought I'd contribute a full fendered "T" that didn't really start out as a model T. This car started out as a cartoon I created for a friend of mine, he said "I want to build it!!" We took the drawing to Joe Bailon who through his talented abilities created the main body out of metal! the fenders, aprons, hood, etc. came from Rootlieb. We called it a 1909 Model T Limousine with an electric divider window no less. I was doing custom upholstery at the time so, I did a diamond tuffed Silver mohair passenger area and naugahyde drivers seat and top. Don't know where the car is today but, I sure had a blast being so involved with it's creation and seeing one of my drawings come to life!
    P.S. the one pic was in Joe Bailon's shop where he was forming the body with conduit prior to skinning it... he also painted it with his famous Candy Red.

Attached Files:

4. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

^^^^ I like it!!!!!

5. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

Think I might know where it is,If it's the same car and it sure looks like it.

Attached Files:

6. bornhigh

bornhigh
    from SOCAL

That's it.... do you still see it around?... where? I remember my legs would cramp up when I tried driving it!

7. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

Yes I see it all the time,The car belongs to a good friend of mine that lives in Tulsa. I just called him and told about your thread and he's really wants to see the pic you posted of the frame being built for the body. He has never seen it. He is visiting his grand kids in SC right now a cant get to a computor. I think he might be interested in talking with you.

8. That's pretty cool! :D

[​IMG]

9. Sweet!

10. bornhigh

bornhigh
    from SOCAL

That'd be great, I may have some more pics to share....

11. photofink

photofink

Just for the record, the "gay old man fenders" was a quote from the friend who is giving me crap for wanting fenders... thats why it was in quotes haha.

Anywho, this is the one that really got me wanting to go full fendered. Does anyone have more pics of it? I researched a little about the club in Texas but no pics or mention of the original owner on their site.

Attached Files:

12. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Ah, ok, thats better. :D And I have a magazine feature on that coupe somewhere, but it takes me a LOOOONG time to find the time to find stuff lately. I am going to post some more pics on this thread next weekend, I will dig that up, think I know what issue its in.

13. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Earl to mid seventies Street Rodder feature I'm pretty sure. I'm try to dig it up as well.

14. photofink

photofink

15. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Totally bitchin'!

Attached Files:

16. Mike

Mike

Let's not forget the car that set the tone for the Early Times club, Joe Barnett's '27 Touring.

[​IMG]

17. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Absolutely! I was hoping you'd post a picture of it! I haven't had time to dig out my Rodder's Journal stuff and scan 'em...

18. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

REALLY like this! Lotsa chrome, mahogany paint, cool rake, a cyclone quickie and a white 283, man, whats not to like?

[​IMG]
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have a PHR feature on this car as well, I will look for it on the weekend. Much more to come...

Last edited: Apr 3, 2013
  19. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Nope March '67 Hot Rod Paula Murphy Mustang on the cover. I was thinking November with the Gas Rhonda mustang on the cover, but wrong stang, found it in the second mag I looked at. Not a bad memory for an old guy.
    These are really big, if you click on em a couple times.

Attached Files:

20. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Theres already been a pic of this one posted, but heres the Hot Rod article.

Attached Files:

21. Chrisbcritter

Chrisbcritter

Jump over to swi66's post #70289 on page #3515 of the Vintage Shots thread and you'll see what the original Model T Limo looked like - did you see this image back then when you drew the cartoon?

22. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

How cool is this?!

23. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Diggin' through a couple of copies of Street Rod last night (Not Street Rodder!) and came up with a couple to look at. Someone a couple of pages back wanted to see the little coupe, and I can't agree more! Loved this car as a kid reading these mags for the first time...

The green and black sedan is a different article of a car I have posted already, but damn if it doesn't look great in color too!

The little one shot was in a car show coverage in the May '73 issue, and I thought it was pretty cool 'cause it is a bit "hot roddier" without it's splash apron and such... scan0004.jpg scan0005.jpg scan0006.jpg scan0002.jpg scan0003.jpg scan0001.jpg

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
  24. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Sweet T

You know you have the rake about right when your ass wants slide off the front of the seat! Hahahaaaa

Attached Files:

25. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

[​IMG]

Stole this from another thread currently on the H.A.M.B.

26. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Man, that black tudor really has me jonesing for an early '70s pussyfoot T tudor. Honestly never thught I would find myself feeling that nostalgic about those cars, but it really strikes a chord...

27. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I'm going to really TRY to set aside some time this weekend to add some more stuff to this thread.

28. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Not really sure if it's the car or just the angle of the photo, but the axle and the windshield serve to frame the headlights and grille shell just right.

29. wingedexpress

wingedexpress

<!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->

Is that on an "A" frame with "T" fenders or did they add frame horns? Tow bar mount?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 4, 2013
  30. Lurk king

Lurk king

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1904797&d=1365040534

Call me crazy or It might be the lowrider in me, but I love the look of these skinny tires stretched over those Halibrads.