Register now to get rid of these ads!

Can't get guy to respond to his CL add, input?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HUSSEY, Apr 2, 2013.

1. HUSSEY

HUSSEY

Found a Chevy on CL that I would really like to see, leave a voicemail with the guy on Friday afternoon. Call again Friday evening a couple of times, no response. Send him a text late Friday saying I was trying to plan my weekend and would like to come see his car. Got a text back that he still has it for sale and he would call me Saturday. No response Satruday, sent him a polite text asking when would be a good time to call him to talk about his car. No response. Let it go Sunday, sent and email and text Monday, no response.

Any advice, do I just give up, I just have to know the status of this car, its exactly what I've been looking for. I don't want to loose out because the guy is getting annoyed of me trying to contact him.

2. Wright him off,it's probably sold or a scam. HRP

3. he is either an idiot or he has already sold it

if you want it keep going for it , you are trying to buy a car and not make a new friend. if his feelings are hurt to bad for him

4. there was a holiday this past weekend some people believe in called Easter and they spend time with family during that time. give him a chance to recover.

5. Fenders

Fenders

If it is a landline phone number you can track him down and go there......

6. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

you called at least 4 times on Friday. as a seller I would not think of that as someone very interested in my car, but rather someone very annoying.

7. chaddilac

chaddilac

I'd leave him alone if he doesn't want to talk to you!

8. Put a fork in it, it's done.

9. volken65

volken65

I would be annoyed, if I was the seller...

There was a holiday this weekend. The same way you mentioned you wanted to plan your weekend. You have to expect the seller could have had plans.

In general, if I'm selling something and can't show the item for a while, I'll keep track of the first person that responded. When the time comes I call that first person. Just wait and don't be annoying.

10. jesse1980

jesse1980

11. volken65

volken65

That's a good way to get yourself shot in this neighborhood.

12. HUSSEY

HUSSEY

I guess some people just don't know how to sell stuff. If I was calling multiple times with different questions and kicking the tires that would be annoying but trying to call multiple time just to make contact?

I guess one last text and emial can't hurt letting him know I've got cash and a trailer. If that doesn't get his attention then either its sold or he's a flake.

13. young'n'poor

young'n'poor
    from Anoka. MN

It was a holiday weekend. It's entirely possible this man has family and friends he wanted to spend time with. You may have annoyed him enough that he decided not to sell the car. I had two transactions like this recently while selling stuff and both times I decided to find another buyer vs deal with the crap. Guy one wanted to look at my galaxie. Several phone calls, three emails with a ridiculous amount of pics taken at his request, two more phone calls, and a time to see the car in person rescheduled twice and I told him it was no longer for sale. Second was a young kid who was a neighbor of a friend a work wanted to buy a flathead from me. Two phone calls full of questions and he was already trying to convince me to sell it for half of my already cheap ass price. He said he was coming over Friday, no show no response to phone call. Saturday he called with some lame excuse said he was heading over, no show no answer. Sunday he calle and said his gf said he could only spend half of his first way to low offer and wanted to know if I could drive the engine 25 miles to his house to look at it first. Don't be annoying. If you're interested tell the seller you have time to look at it Saturday an ask for the address. If he balks or has an excuse forget it and leave him be. He will find you if he wants to sell it.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

14. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

If the ad is still posted, call him.

I wouldn't give a rat's ass if I was annoying if I wanted the car. I don't care if he doesn't come to my wedding.

15. indyjps

indyjps

A lot of people on Craiglist are flakes, free classifieds brings that out. figure if the car has been sitting in his yard for years, he's not in a hurry. Ive gotten calls back a month later on craigslist stuff. Ive even been guilty of it myself, listed somthing then forgot about it, didnt catch a response email until 2 weeks later.
    gotta remember not everyone is glued to their smart phone.

16. HUSSEY

HUSSEY

Don't know how those situation are the same but I agree, if he does want to sell if then he knows where to call.

17. jstanotheidiot

jstanotheidiot

He (or she) was the one with the add on c-list, should have known it was Easter week! If they had plans why post a add?

18. Dennis6605

Dennis6605
    from Indiana

Its the same thing on Hamb also. I tried to contact a guy on here about his ad a couple of times and he never responded either. No, there was no holiday involved. As to the parts, auto having already been sold, he should have the common curiosity to cancel the ad or inform the person inquiring.

19. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

When people sell things, they stop answering. It's not cool, but it happens all the time.

20. slimpick

slimpick

Anyone interested in selling you a car will call you right back.

21. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You did get the number right? Other than that all of the above things that were mentioned plus he forgot to charge his phone, the phone got turned off in his pocket, his wife told him that they were going to her mothers for the weekend after he posted the add. Hell, I didn't realize Sunday was Easter until last Thursday when I looked at the calender and figured that my wife would come up with something to take up Sunday and most of Saturday.

22. BigAl1961

BigAl1961

Been there a hundred times, Another CL flake. That site is sick with them.

23. 50flathead

50flathead
    from Iowa, USA

Maybe his wife made him post the ad and he really doesn't want to sell it. I've seen this with several things that were advertised that the owner really didn't want to sell.

24. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus