Register now to get rid of these ads!

Why I ain't getting anything accomplished or I wished this was an April fools joke.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by borderboy1971, Apr 1, 2013.

1. I wished this was a joke but, here we are April 1st and this is what we are still dealing with.

Attached Files:

2. Crankhole

Crankhole

Get out the snowboard.

3. I don't know how you guys can stand it,,I dislike winter and our winters are mild even though it sees to have dragged out this year,,,but today it's 74 degrees and that's no April fools joke. HRP

4. You're one of those "make lemonade" guys aren't you? haha. We got our first snow here in October and it's still here. No offense but that's a lot of lemonade!

5. kscarguy

kscarguy

Ski's on the front wheels!

6. willys1

willys1
    from South Ga

I'm with HRP, not a winter guy>>South Ga. is beautiful today...73 degrees and dry.:)

7. It's tough at times for sure. Right now it's -5 Celcius (about 23 F). This winter was fairly mild temperature wise only getting down to -35 C (-31 F) for around a couple weeks total. We are in a spot that goes from -45 C (-49 F) and with wind I've seen -80 C (-112 F) in winter, to 40 C (104) in the summer.

8. I bought this to pull the Merc flathead out of, but now I'm having second thoughts about putting it back together.

Attached Files:

9. pumpman

pumpman

Damn, and I was complaining that it is only 36° here. Never mind.

10. johnod

johnod

Never been in one of those, but liked the looks.:)

11. johnod

johnod

I always work on my car in the winter, but in put heat in my garage so i could.:)

Where in CA are you, that's a lotta snow.

12. Southeast Saskatchewan. It was record snowfall for some areas this year. It mostly all came with in the last 2 months. We've been having lots of sunshine in the last 2 weeks but not much heat to go with it, so it's hanging around. I want it gone, but if it melts really quick there will be lots of flooding in the area (again).

13. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

It's snowing over here in Texas too..

April fool's. :) I see an excellent reason to skip town and catch the next flight down to Austin for the LSRU.

14. oldrelics

oldrelics
    from Calgary

Prioritys:

1-heated shop
    2-block heaters- 1 for your daily driver and 1 for your head (touque)
    3-long underwear
    4-don't pee outside
    5-run between vehicles to homes to stores to work and vise-versa with hands in pockets
    (somewhat looks like a penguin waddle)
    6-never leave home without booster cables, mitts, snow shovel.
    7-strap unfashionable cardboard to grille of vehicle so engine will warm up
    8- ???

Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
  15. johnod

johnod

You might be a Canuck if you, ^^^^^^^^^^:)

16. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

That explains it. Mid seventies and sunshine all weekend here on the west coast. I already have strawberries starting to grow. But then you guys have a lot more tin back there than we do out here, so count your blessings.

17. You might be Canadian if no one has to explain what a Touque is because you own at least 5 of them.
    It's 14C or 57.2F and sunny here in south western British Columbia. Two blocks from the Pacific and 20 minutes to the border and yes I'm bragging.

18. Same here. I'm in Canada, but no snow this year.

19. RayJarvis

RayJarvis

make lemonaid:D regina saskatchawean 3 days ago looking at 8 foot high drifts.sit back under the heat lamp

20. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Yea, you White Rock guys get that brisk ocean breeze off the straight...:D Pensive, are you snowed in as well?

21. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Funny. My brother got home last week from a job site. He works for Baker-Hughes. They sent him and a team to do some work on the Alaskan Pipeline. They were where the first pipes are run. NORTH of the Arctic Circle. My brother said when they stepped off the plane, it was
    -10*.

He told me this after I had remarked about a cold front that had gone through Houston the week he was there. He ended the story with, "Suck it up, pussy.":D

22. wizzard23

wizzard23

Had a nice roadster ride in 70 degree (F) weather Saturday.

23. GREASER815

GREASER815

24. 59 brook

59 brook

that is amazing . ithought all the canadians moved to south florida while that stuff was on the ground. just kidding

25. 57Custom300

57Custom300
    from Arizona

I hated winter sooo... much I moved here to Az. last spring from Mi. Just seemed like winter started in Nov. & dragged on until April. If it snows where I'm at now & you sleep too late you'll miss it.

26. dirt slinger

dirt slinger

Just remember, don't eat yellow snow!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

27. It's pretty good in Cowtown.
    but tomorrow Austin will be good'r!!!

28. janbuick

janbuick

here in the netherlands is it also verry cold
    this time of year
    [​IMG]

29. jazz1

jazz1

Yep,,after the dump we got on Saturday the slopes are staying open another week for sure...easy to find my snowboard,,,it's the oldest and the only one with overspray on the bindings

[​IMG]

30. hemi v8

hemi v8

Man, that's some serious snow.