Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Anyone interested in a Houston HAMBer's Meet?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gwhite, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Hated to miss...hope everyone had a good time! What's April look like for everyone? Looks like it's east side or west side's turn.

2. txturbo

txturbo

I don't know if it even happened. I never got an answer on what time so I didn't go.

3. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Man, this thread got buried quick! I was at Traders Village. Saturday from about 8:30am till 1:30pm. It was pretty good and I scored a few things I've been holding out on buying.

I was wearing my HAMB hat, but didn't see anyone else.

4. What does April 13th look like for everyone?

5. Sam Navarro

Sam Navarro

Are we planning on still doing a North, South, East, West & Central plan every month like we had discussed? I know the idea was North in March, April had been suggested to meet in Texas CIty before my show at the Taqueria for breakfast then everyone cruise down to the show. I'd really appreciate the local HAMB communities support for my first go at hosting a car show for sure! Any ideas for May?

SN

6. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I had planned on your show, Sam. Right now, it's still a go. My cars running sweet and riding smooth. I was going to use your show as a mini reliability run for her.

7. aldixie

aldixie

I'm working on the Chevy to get it to your show Sam. Will be its first proper outing. Got the new transmission crossmember. Off to pick a part Saturday for an engine harness.

8. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

This is my plan^^^^^^^^^^

9. Sam Navarro

Sam Navarro

Tfeverfred- Should be a great little cruise for you, hope you can make it out.

Alex- Holler at me if you need any help from the TC team on your car.

brokenspoke- I really appreciate it sir, I'm working on something a little special for the HAMB'rs that do make it.

SN

10. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Perhaps....just perhaps. We could do Outlaw Daves in May. I cruised by there Saturday and they would LOVE to see some hotrods hanging out.

It's an old icehouse that got a nice redo. Nice parking, the burgers are good and the waitress is friendly. NOT in that way, pervs!:rolleyes:

Anyway, it seems like we can't come up with places, so maybe it's time to get one place. It's early. Just a thought.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/outlaw-daves-worldwide-headquarters-houston

11. fossilfish

fossilfish
    from Texas

I am game for that.
    Cheers
    Roger

12. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I can do any weekend.

13. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

14. fossilfish

fossilfish
    from Texas

What about something this month?

15. thebugbox

thebugbox

Roundup this weekend

16. txturbo

txturbo

I'm ready......just not this weekend or the 20th. Going to the New Braunfels swap meet that day.

17. Roundup isn't exactly Houston area...

18. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

19. thebugbox

thebugbox

But it's exactly where I'll be.

20. Sam Navarro

Sam Navarro

I am hoping that the Houston area HAMB'rs that are not going to the Pate Swap meet will be heading to Texas City for my show on the 27th? I would like to come up with a rough head count because I am working on something special for those HAMB'rs that do come.

As for May, I played at Outlaw Daves on March 3rd. Cool place for sure, the only thing that I noticed was that it was difficult for me to pull in & out of lot due to my car being so low & no bags on her. I think it is do able & they had crawfish! If I come up with amny other joint near there I will relay it ASAP.

Cheers,
    SN

21. fossilfish

fossilfish
    from Texas

Don't forget the Legends , vintage drags on the 12th&13th of this month in Sealy Texas. I will be there hanging out with The guys from Motor Reco. Maybe we could meet at Tony's in Sealy for breakfast Saturday morning.

22. Sam Navarro

Sam Navarro

I have never been to this, out of curiosity what is the biggest day of the event? Quite the haul for me from Texas City.

SN

23. fossilfish

fossilfish
    from Texas

Saturday is the big day

24. cooger

cooger

Best nostalgia drag meet we have that's even close to Houston.
    Wouldn't miss it for anything else.
    cooger

25. I'm down...what time?

Also, can any of you Houston fellas provide a recommendation for a machine shop or someone with a lathe; need to get some valvespring spacers made up for my 'banger.

26. fossilfish

fossilfish
    from Texas

I was going to get there early like around 8 or 9am. Tony's maybe 7:30 or so.

I have a small lathe..what do you need done and have you tried to purchase spacers? They make all kinds of valve spring spacers.

27. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Daves on the 14?

28. 7:30 would actually be perfect...will probably peel out of Sealy by noon, have a ton of brisket to smoke for a church picnic.

I have some spacers (1" dia, 0.1875" tall) but I need taller ones (0.285") to get my spring pressure up. Nobody makes 'em in that size for the A/B banger.