Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need some help with my 54 chevy 210

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sweeden, Mar 25, 2013.

1. sweeden

sweeden
    BANNED

Im in the middle of gathering all the parts up to bag and body drop my 210, might channel it or just stock floor it, Not too sure yet untill we actually get into it. Heres the question I bought Fatman Dropped uprights and lowered steering amrs and a disc conversion setup of course... whats the deal with these front cross members? I see most everyone goes with a mustang 2 front... not my style... or the mend a s-10 frame to the frame fire wall forward. id rather spend the extra on making my factory front end stick but whats the solution to the front cross member? anyone got pics?

2. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

Sorry, cant help. But sounds interesting. I like the stock crossmember

3. sweeden

sweeden
    BANNED

Anyone have any good suggestions? ill leave the front xmember if its useable of course... id imagine somones got a way of using the stock front clip... there is a bunch of these layin rocker so im sure someones used the stock front clip... maybe z the front frame? I guess ican always just put it all together and strap a wheel to it and see where i sit

4. Dead End Sleds

Dead End Sleds

Are you asking how low you can go with stock cross member and mods you did? Here's a pic of mine. Stock front end; Fatman dropped uprights; Disc brake conversion; 1.5 coils cut. Right behind fender is exactly 7" from ground. Not laying frame, but as low as I'm going. Waiting somewhat patiently for my WWW's to show up. Got some black sparkly steelies and spider caps to go on there as well.

If you do a search regarding lowering of these cars or the millions of opinions regarding stock or MII, etc... there are a lot of threads on this topic. Just can't recall names of them right now.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      32.4 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2013

5. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

6. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

7. sweeden

sweeden
    BANNED

im baggin mine and body droppin it so the lowerings not the issue just tryin to figure out if it will lay frame with the factory xmember or if i have to z the front frame or build a new xmember. How long did it take u to put ur fatman stuff on? Pretty simplistic?

8. 54rat210

54rat210

I believe theres a thread where someone modified the stock suspension for bags and lays nice on the rockers with the stock crossmember

9. 54rat210

54rat210

Kessler got to it before I did! :(

10. sweeden

sweeden
    BANNED

Yea but thats just the same as putting dropped uprights on the car. I much prefer just spending the extra on the right parts instead of cutting my arms apart and welding them back together. If i did anything with the arms id make a nice set up tubular uppers and lowers. All those people are just lowering their cars so it dosent solve my issue with the front cross member when im trying to get the car to lay frame evenly so i can cut it up to lay flat rocker without having a crooked floor. Thanks anyways everyone its appreciated

11. sweeden

sweeden
    BANNED

Just noticed that medlers links were diffrent... thought it was a accidental double post... that shit is golden thanx a ton!

12. The x member hangs down too low you have to z the front or push the x member into the frame installing a fatman ultra lo solves that problem