Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Falcons done right?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by guiseart, Nov 20, 2005.

1. von zipper

von zipper

I was very lucky that they pretty much fell into my lap! Met a guy on the Ford Muscle site. It took a 8 hour round trip ride,and a case of Bud Light as payment!!! They're a little pitted, but they look good on my Ranchero! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364786014.676431.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364786085.658911.jpg

2. RoddyB34

RoddyB34

i need the rear quarter glass top metal trims from that wagon ,,pity its not in Oz,,,,

3. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Von Zipper, Everytime you post that little beast I walk off to the kitchen and look out wistfully at mine sitting in the back yard waiting it's turn. I'm having so much fun with the wagon, and I'm soooo damn busy with everybody else's stuff.... Ahhh.

4. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Just got engine and trans into my Falcon this week. Front suspension is completed, and rearend just needs perches welded to the axle.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 31, 2013
  5. '65 nova

'65 nova
    from New Jersey

Von Zip - that's the look I desire, hope my needle shows up some day - I'll keep looking... thanks for the pic.

6. '65 nova

'65 nova
    from New Jersey

Thanks SGT... those are for golf carts and for 12' tires. I don't think they would work even on the relatively light falcon. but thanks...

7. nash510

nash510
    from Vista, CA

8. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

9. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

What is the color? Super cool.:D

10. von zipper

von zipper

They are so much fun aren't they? I gotta get mine ready for Torquefest next month. My Buddy sold his 54 Chevy last fall, so he will be my passenger.

11. von zipper

von zipper

Your welcome! I've had a search on EBay for a year and a half, and only centercaps come up! I've only seen one set on there so far! Wishing you luck!

12. Sorry, it was a bad joke.

13. warren1328

warren1328

Color is Kurrajong Green. Standard color over here from about 63-66. Seems to be a relatively common color for utes/vans as far as I can tell. Mine was originally white with red interior, but having seen this color on a couple of cars over the years I was very keen to use it.
    As a point of interest, this van had traces of "NRMA blue" in a few spots when I bought it. Along with the numerous holes in the roof for lights/racks etc, leads me to beleive it was once a roadside-assist vehicle, back in the day.

14. Alfster

Alfster

I have always liked the covers on the lower rear fenders. I got some brushed alloy vynil from a signwriter friend and carefully fitted it to the rear fenders.

[​IMG]

I then edged it in some adhesive chrome trim.

[​IMG]

And for something different I extended the trim right accross the rear of the car.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 7, 2013
  15. sylverxrs

sylverxrs
    from merced

here is a couple of mine after some fresh paint

Attached Files:

16. soulsponjah

soulsponjah

Search function is my friend...thanks to the endless knowledge here I was finally able to put in a 8'' rearend in my '61. Came off a '70 Maverick with 3.00 gears. The swap was fairly simple enough to do on my own besides having my wife help me bleed the rear brakes. All I have to say is wow what a huge difference from the stock itty bitty 6 3/4''!!! The bird doesn't scream anymore at highway speeds.

If anyone needs help with this swap lmk. I was able to use my stock drums and ebrake cables using the Mav backing plates. I live close to a NPD so I got new '67 Mustang spring plates and brake lines that fit perfect. I had to get a 1310 yolk welded on my drive shaft which was shortened a bit and balanced. Only trouble I had was finding a vent bolt since stock was smaller and no parts store had a 9/16'' in stock that I needed. It's happy cruising time with the family now!

johnnienitro likes this.
  17. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Good to hear 'Sponjah! Makes abig difference when you can just jump on the freeway and go without thought. I've decided to do a five speed in wagon to solve our issues, so later this month I'll be going through that.

18. aussiexk

aussiexk
    from land of oz

did any falcons (fords) come out with 16" steel rim ? or were they 13" or 15"

19. ausbuick

ausbuick

Nah buddy we only got in australia 13" rims from 60-64, and 65 got 13" and 14" steel rims. 66 on 14" rims.
    cheers darren

20. aussiexk

aussiexk
    from land of oz

cheers Darren , meant to say did any american falcon's come out with a 15" or 16" steel rim

cheers tho mate

21. Liam-B

Liam-B
    from Melbourne

Just get some ford EF-EL 15 inch rims. Sorted.

22. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Nope, Just 13" on the round bodied cars and 14" after '64... I'm thinking that room for anything but a specially constructed 16" is gonna be hard to find on these.

23. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I am putting together a 5-speed swap on my '60, and am looking for a 4-lug Maverick 8". I already upgraded to a Weber 32/36, DUI, power discs, 1965 Mustang front end components, including spindles, Shelby drop, 1" front bar, and Shelby GT-350 springs (two coils removed).

24. How about a Mustang II 8"? There's a '76 at the Richmond yard. No Mavericks.

http://www.picknpull.com/check_inve...22.168928&Make=Ford&Model=Mustang&Distance=50

25. I'd really like to see some photos.

You mention "Shelby drop". Is that where you redrill the locating holes in the shock tower one inch higher to lower the front end? I used to deal with the early Mustangs ages ago and seem to remember that is one of the mods Shelby did to his '65's.

26. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Actually it's just the opposite. You drill the upper "A" arm holes 1" lower and 1/8 further back than stock. It corrects these cars lousy camber curve and adds a bit of much needed caster to help them go straight and feel less vague.

27. Okay, glad you straightened me out on that detail. Yes, they definitely need(ed) more caster. Made them just a tick harder to steer at low speed but sure helped them go straight.

28. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The modification alters the camber curve on suspension cycling, during body roll. VERY noticeable, remarkable difference in cornering performance, for the price of a (somewhat rare) 17/32" drill bit, and a couple hours in the driveway, at most. Best Mustang/Comet/Falcon handling "upgrade" ever! Practically free.

29. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER