Register now to get rid of these ads!

AR newb... 49 3100

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by lwrthnu07, Sep 26, 2009.

1. lwrthnu07

lwrthnu07
    from Gurdon, AR

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The motor runs, it just needs some refreshing. Ill be going with a new 12v harness. Ill be bagging it with S10 Spindles and rear-end. Ill be building all the link bars, control arms, and x-members. As you can see, the floor will need replaced, but no big deal. Of course ill be changing all the brake components. Im leaving the body as is and adding white walls with either astro supremes or steelies. Its been in my family since new, and has 43,000 original miles. Thanks for having me.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2013
  2. Welcome from Atwater, Ca....Nice pics, tell us about yourself...

3. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Man.... heck of a start. Great lookin truck

4. lwrthnu07

lwrthnu07
    from Gurdon, AR

Thanks guys. Well, im 22, about to be married, and my fiance has 3 girls. We live in a very small quite town in Arkansas. This is where im originally from, but have been living in Garland, Tx for almost 3 years before we moved here. I previously went to Wyotech in Wyoming for 1 year and three months. Ive been a fabricator for almost 6 years. Im classified as a mini-trucker, but hot-rodding is where my roots are planted. I love working with metal. Ive had several trucks on air ride, and my 49 has been under wraps since 1991 when the brakes went bad. And now im finally prepared to start putting my spin on it. Heck, i may end up under a full custom chassis, but im trying real hard to keep it simple. Im pretty much a normal guy, rockin dickies with my chucks.

5. Welcome from Clarksville. Good luck on the project. Check out the "Arkansas H.A.M.B.'ers" social group. Enjoy...

6. roughidle

roughidle
    BANNED
    from iowa

Welcome to the hamb.

7. lwrthnu07

lwrthnu07
    from Gurdon, AR

I thought that since I finally got around to building this thing, I'd re-vamp my thread. Got everything stripped down, rust is... minor. Cab corners front and rear, and the lower rear section of the front fenders are shot. So far I've stripped the chassis down, and Z'd the rear framerails instead of slapping in a notch...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I should have the front and rear suspensions well underway by next weekend. I'm also in the middle of a house renovation, dealing with kiddos in school, normal work, and our 13 month old hellion. This is Amos,

[​IMG]
    Between preparing for him, remodeling our house, and general life, Im now getting back to working on my truck.

8. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

welcome from mo. nice start. but i have to ask , i must be old, what is rockin dickies with my chucks?

9. lwrthnu07

lwrthnu07
    from Gurdon, AR

Thank you sir! I laughed out loud! Back when I made that post I was a bonified mini trucker, wearing dickie pants and converse shoes regularly. I kinda still do, but in a less mini trucker sense!

10. jclars

jclars
    from Lynden, WA

Hi from Washington state. I am a newbie too, with long stretches between posts (mostly cause I took the street rod route, although there's plenty of us subversives here on the HAMB).

However, you mentioned time at Wyotech and wondered if you may have practiced on my truck at that time? Same truck as on avatar. I understand it was one of the lab experiments.

Have fun - many of us werent as lucky as you to be able to juggle family, house and projects. Something always had to give and it was always the project. sometimes for a LONG time.

John L.

11. lwrthnu07

lwrthnu07
    from Gurdon, AR

Nosir. I was there from 05-06.

12. chevy54man

chevy54man
    from NC

love your truck, very sweet! welcome from NC~

13. lwrthnu07

lwrthnu07
    from Gurdon, AR

Got my link bars mocked up! Waiting on some axle saddles to come in, then i'll get the axle set on top of the bars. The bag bracket is basically where it needs to be set, I just need to cut another tube to match the one on the back side. I may move it back a hair to increase ride quality. None the less, once all my u bolts and stuff get here, and I get shocks and panhard bar put on, the rear is fin!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Welcome from Central VA! Those rotten jams are notorious, how are you gonna handle them?

15. lwrthnu07

lwrthnu07
    from Gurdon, AR

Oh... I'll order patch panels as I can, but for the most part I'll hand form them if they're not too complex. Thanks for the welcome!

16. jnr49

jnr49
    from australia
    1. Aussie HAMBers

Welcome from australia and a great project you have enjoy and keep us posted

17. Excellent progress, you may want to move this to the general fourm as a build thread and out of the introduction pages. I'd be interested in following your progress.

18. lwrthnu07

lwrthnu07
    from Gurdon, AR

Should I just start a build thread or ask someone to move this one?

19. Start another, add a link to your intro & your done.

20. lwrthnu07

lwrthnu07
    from Gurdon, AR