Register now to get rid of these ads!

What is the best reaction you have gotten from people?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by EnragedHawk, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Jamoke

Jamoke

I was wating to pull out to an intersection and a guy was looking at my car so hard he rear ended the car in front of him because he stop to look at my car also

2. V4F

V4F
    from middle ca.

i have a '31 coupe . most always it is "what is it" ! fries my nutz

3. Man,you have been around hot rods as long as I have,,went to almost every run to Gatlinburg. HRP

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. RICKY~RICARDO

RICKY~RICARDO
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Milwaukee

I had a old camaro and i gave my cousins friend a ride home his first words as he walked to my car "omg pro street " lol never forgot that one.

5. 35cab

35cab

I was just parking my 35 cabriolet in my garage when I saw a little boy of about 4 running up the lane with his parents trying to catch him.
    As I got out the car he was standing staring silently at the car, his parents caught up with him , he was dumbstruck. I was trying to speak to him but he just kept staring, eventually he whispered, "that is the most beautiful car in the world" He was quivering with excitement.
    He and his parents have been by a few times, he insists on dragging them by just to see the car, it would be good to give him a ride one day, bit of a squeeze but I reckon I could get his mother and him in.
    I hang on to that barely audible compliment.

6. Drewski

Drewski

The Outlaw Rod Run.........ending September right! I enjoyed going to that, except for the time the fire department was giving out free showers.

7. I guess the best reaction for me was when I was at a gas station and I had my '32 Olds coupe project on a trailer. I got this from a guy who sounded like he was from somewhere in UK,
    "That's a dandy old buggy. whatcha got under the bonnet?"

8. 1953girlracer

1953girlracer
    from Redlands

Good reaction was OMG! I'll give you $50,000 and I get to say not for sale. Worst reaction guy walks up kicks front bumper and says when's it going to be worked on and painted. I get to say its done. I drive a 1950 Chevy ute still original 1950 tan paint from when we got it down under and I drive it everywhere.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

9. Killer32

Killer32
    from California

Had a guy pop his head thru the sunroof of his car and snap a few pics of my ride at a stop light,,,and people are always taking pics and cell phone videos when they drive next to me......

10. 57countrysedan

57countrysedan
    from NY

I always get awesome nomad! Just gets me everytime. Happens so much i dont even correct people any more. Just say thanks. ImageUploadedByTJJ1364767968.424007.jpg

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

11. norton58

norton58

When I had my '53 Chev I had pulled up to get a pack of smokes, and got an unadulterated "hey, wild car, I live round the corner, want to come round for a beer? I'm single and I really need some wild sex for a few hours. No strings."

Unfortunately it wasn't a gal.

12. agrezy1

agrezy1
    from tn

while driving in my buddies super cobra jet cyclone,hopped up rice burner pulls up at light and revs it we quickly spank em!next light the kid says man that domestic runs good!!!

13. elba

elba

The one thing that I have noticed owning an old car is that nobody is afraid to strike up a conversation. In the back of their head they know instantly that old car owners are good people and are no threat to them.

14. i was at KKOA salina a few years ago just lounging in the car just ready to leave in a fog and gene windfield pulls up and jumps out and starts taking pics of the rivera:D
    for once i felt validated:rolleyes:

15. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Very true. I've met and spoke with folks who normally wouldn't give me the time of day. Old cars are ice breakers.

16. Egghead

Egghead

At a car show a few years back, a small boy walks by, looks at our 34 chevy std. sedan, and yells out, "Look Mom, a PT Cruiser!"

17. ddonner

ddonner
    from nfs

I'm an older guy, I know where vietnam is. My (current) daily driver is a blue Chrysler Crossfire SRT. I'd only had it for a week or so and turned a corner in a small town where a couple of teenage girls' eyes got big and one of them shouted, "We want a Ride!" There was only the briefest regret as I shouted back, "Sorry, it's a 2 seater".

18. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

Im pretty sure ive posted on this thread before but i got a good one the other day. In my hoodless model a coupe with a mechanical fan, a little girl told her dad "look at the airplane car"

19. I had my model A gasser on the trailer towing to the 2011 dragweek and stopped in Amarillo truck stop to fill up my truck at 7 am. A 31 ford vicky restored to the max with 2 old people in it dressed like the 30's getting in to leave. I jump out and go up to the passenger window and say "You have a beautiful car". The old lady looks me square in the eye and said "You did have at one time" and they drove off with my mouth open. Then we laughed our asses off.

20. Oldskool56

Oldskool56

Took the unibody to a all Ford truck show and had a guy tell me someone welded the box to the cab....

Same Ford truck show someone went into a 20 minute story that "technically Ford didnt call them unibodies.... blah blah blah" I cant remember what he said after that....

Had someone ask "if its a unibody why does it have a frame?"

21. tmfcracing

tmfcracing
    from Sweden

Last time I ever met my grandad was when he visit my garage and when he saw my Funny Car (without body) he said : Ohh , a farmers tractor.

22. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Sorry about my earlier comment, I didn't realize you'd started the thread... LOL

This is fun thread to read!

23. Was about 25 years ago and I had my '51 Merc parked outside a job I was working on.
    (was a carpenter then). A bus load of japanese tourists pulls up and out jump 30 of them
    wanting there picture taken with the car. That is every one of the 30 individually and they
    wanted me in every picture as well. They even offered to pay me as well. Of course I refused the payment. Man I felt like a movie star.

This was the Merc.

[​IMG]

24. monkeyspunk79

monkeyspunk79

Took my Fleetline to a cruise-in last summer and an older gentlman came up and talked about working at a now-closed Chevy dealer in Emden, Illinois back in 1947 as a 15 year-old lot boy helping to prep the cars and install accessories before the customer picked them up. He knew all about my car, what accessories it had and how much they cost new. He also talked about how his Dad had one just like it that he learned how to drive on it. I dig the old cars, but I also like the history aspect and hearing really neat conversations like this whenever we take the '47 for a spin.

25. I took my O/T wagon to a local mustang clubs bbq deal, I wanted to take my other car, that has a mustangs engine and I built with lots of parts I got from people on the site but.... it had other ideas that day... Anyways my wagon looked like shit I sold my Honda Prelude so I could buy this old wagon becuase my Dad had one, but I was spending money on the other car.

They let me in which I was suprised about, but one guy just had to move his 05+ mustang becuase he was worried I would dent it or some shit. I do things like that of course because my cars primered.. lol The funny part was my car got way more looks from random people in the park becuase it was different, not just another black mustang. He had hardly anyone come over to look at his car(it was a stock mustang...) and just glared at me all day.

The best person that day was a pretty hot lady that was walking with he boyfriend that saw my car and made a b-line for it. She called for him to look at and he said something like "Yeah its cool, come look at this mustang" and turned to the car beside mine, she stayed, kinda smiling at it, walked up to it and put her had on it, caressed the whole thing, looked it in and then caressed it down the other side, and walked away, looked back for a min, and then looked for her boyfriend. I was talking to some guys I knew a few cars away from my car, and we all happened to talk about my car and look over as this happened. It was pretty cool I thought, I wonder what she was thinking about....

26. jeffsullivan

jeffsullivan

i had an old guy come up to my 52 at a show and start telling me about his old one he once had just lke it, a few minutes later he does the over the shoulder look to see where his wife was and then said to me that his first child was made in the back of of one! his wife heard him and turned beet red and laughed. i told him not to be rude but im not loaning my car out to him to re enact......that was funny as hell, they were probably in their 70's!!

27. WALIG8ER

WALIG8ER

Best I've had so far was at a stop light last summer. Car pulled up along side with a lady driving it. She said "Nice car. Back in the day we used to call that a panty-dropper". She didn't prove it, but surprised the hell out of me.

28. Belchfire8

Belchfire8

Best i got was silence. The urban hillbillies in the rental next door were always playing with their 80's Camaros and lifted Blazer and 80's Chevy pickups in the driveway about five feet from my living room window. They all had the rotten glassback on stock SBCs and loved to rev 'em up. I really didn't want them to know what I had in my shop, they and their friends looked pretty shady and none of them apparently worked. I hadn't taken out either of my rides since they moved in but decided i couldn't hide them forever so one day when they were having a drinking party/tuning session in the driveway i brought my '46 Chevy coupe around front and parked it in the street in front of my house. As i got out i noticed they had all turned to look and it was pretty quiet. i went back and got my '41 bobber truck (Yeah i know and I don't care) with the 429 BB Ford uncapped and parked it behind the '46. Man talk about dead silence, the 'billies were just staring. I'm sure they were trying to understand how the old square guy got those rides! :)

29. Hotrodhog

Hotrodhog

One time back in the 70's I had a tricked out custom painted Vette and my wife and I were driving down the street....well, this good looking gal was walking down the street toward us and as we got close she starts thumbing for a ride, just then I noticed my wife's middle finger come up as we passed....I laughed my ass off!! She didn't think it was funny!

30. 2NDCHANCE

2NDCHANCE

I had my 1934 pick up at one of the larger shows in Lincoln Ne. and two guys from California walked up to me and started asking questions. How's the 454 run, cooling, oil presure, milage and so on. At the end they looked at me and said "Don't ever paint it, because then it will look like one of those" pointing to the sea of painted shiny cars. That made me feel good, but I still think I need to take the truck to the next level. Time will tell. Gary