Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My Apache...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Shane Spencer, Sep 15, 2012.

1. riley58

riley58

what an awsome job you are doing. i was going to rebuild the door hinges on my 58 today,only to find that 2 bols just keep spinning and can't get the door off. but after reading your build iam ready to go back out and work on it.
    KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK !!

2. 1959apache

1959apache

I don't even have an e-brake setup :eek: I have all of the stuff for it though, don't know if I am going to go with it or not.

3. tjet

tjet
    1. Early Hemi Tech

4. 1959apache

1959apache

5. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

Thanks riley, im trying to get back to work, ive been slacking.

Apache, my dad doesnt have a e brake on his jeep, he just leaves it in gear. If i was running an auto i probly wouldnt run one, but i may need one with a manual

And tjet, ive thought about trying.to adapt a lokar unit to work with a custom bracket

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

6. Buzznut

Buzznut

There is really only one solution - you have to cut the heads off. The harder part, once you get the door hinges off, is that you have to refabricate a "cage" for the square threaded "nut" to float in so that you retain the ability to adjust the door alignment.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
  7. tjet

tjet
    1. Early Hemi Tech

I'm sure Lokar has one. I'm probably going to call them & get a auto shifter as well - I want to make sure they mount ok together. BTW, their stuff is expensive but top shelf.

I'm also going to mount this shifter indicator light in my speedo head. It should fit above the OD if I take it apart

http://www.lokar.com/product-pgs/shift-indicators/shift-indicators-pgs/ledboot-dash-ind.html

8. tjet

tjet
    1. Early Hemi Tech

You know, I thought that too when I needed to make room for my 455 Olds. Turned out that I really missed that e-brake. I moved to Manhattan Beach a couple years after I removed the ebrake - all hills!! I would always worry that the park pin would snap & I'd find my truck on the beach. It was also a bitch moving the shifter from park with a load on it

http://www.palosverdeshomesandrealestate.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Manhattan_Beach_houses.jpg

9. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

Updates.... My stainless bolt kit came for the entireee truck. Im super stoked. I can slowly start getting the truck mocked up and then on to paint by late spring

Also got my 6061 aluminum sheet to make the gauge panel, and my cratex sticks to engine turn it. I got the panel done with the gauges mounted, i holesawed the small gauges but had to drill a bunch of small holes and work the edge with a dremel on the bigger ones, i need to get a 6 pack of beer and sit down for the engine turning process. However long that may take....... :D

Attached Files:

10. sqrlnts

sqrlnts

Way to go Green baby! I love the shit out of your gauges! And by the way i solved the whole parking brake situation, now get on to the next problem!!! :D

[​IMG]

11. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

Thanks dude. ive actually known a couple people who carried chock blocks with em lol. Idk if its the best solution but hell, it works haha

12. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

Got the panel turned.... Tedious shit lol

Attached Files:

13. Looks awesome, man. You're right though, that is a tedious job.

14. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

Thanks, n Hell yea it is. I laid out a grid of sorts with a sharpie

Attached Files:

15. APACHE FS

APACHE FS

Well done, looks nice.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

16. n847

n847

That looks great, I'll be doing one for my Plymouth soon but it won't be quite that big.

17. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

Thanks guys, im gonna get some amber indicator lights for signals and a small blue one for high beams. Still gotta drill the holes to mount it

18. chaddilac

chaddilac

Whoa!!! dig the dash insert!!! Your running blinker and highbeam leds or anything?

I found these....

19. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

Thanks dude, Yeah im gonna run a small blue one for the highbeams, and two amber ones for the signal. Heres a few i found, they were on classicchev.com or something like that. The blue one is really small, signals are a little bigger than the blue one......

Attached Files:

20. 1959apache

1959apache

you need to countersink those turn signals, that would be really cool. That gauge cluster panel looks spectacular by the way. I know its a lot of work, it turned out great and matches the look you are going for in that cab too.

21. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

Thanks dude, and Thats a killer idea with the signals, ill definately test it out and see how it looks. I think the panel will look good against the black dash. Should pop pretty well. Also its hard to see in the pics, but theres two small strips where the cratex sticks left a residue in the engine turning. Its darker appearing in the right light, ill have to figure a way to remove that

22. chaddilac

chaddilac

That yellow one you posted is larger than you think. I bought several of those and they were large!!! Almost 1/2" I think. Those I posted are like 1/4".

23. TaylorCrawford

TaylorCrawford

You dont need a parkin brake, you just need a parkin brick!

24. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

Chad you wouldnt happen to have any pics of one of them installed would you ? The gmc dashes have big signals stock, so i dont think they would look bad. Heres a pic of the stock size ..... There the little gauge looking things under the speedo and tach

Attached Files:

25. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

Btw guys, you think i should stick with the impala wheel or go with the stock wheel i picked up a few days back. I still like the impala, but the stocker is growin on me.....

26. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

Yeah man that panel looks awesome! I vote for the Impala wheel since yer askin!

27. APACHE FS

APACHE FS

Impala wheel would add a little flash, in my buddy's truck we are considering remounting the stock brake lever in a vertical position near the vent on the left side. His will be auto so it's just an inspection technicality.

28. chaddilac

chaddilac

No I sure don't.... I can get you a pic if you need one?

29. Red Ryder

Red Ryder

Green, that might have been some tedious shit, but what a fabulous finished product! I am impressed!

30. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

Thanks fellas, and dont worry about it chad. Just curious if you had a pic on hand. Do you have any of those indicators left over ?