Register now to get rid of these ads!

Full fendered "T"s thread... Official maybe?!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by need louvers ?, Mar 22, 2013.

1. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

Here is my old one---sold it

Attached Files:

2. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Embrace your inner asshole Chip. Its so liberating...:D

3. loudandfast13

loudandfast13

Any more pics of this one? I dig it.

Nevermind. I found the youtube clip.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2013
  4. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Always really liked this car, a real groundbreaker.
    [​IMG]

Dick Rundells roadster has always been a favorite as well. I have some more on that depot hack, once my camera re-charges, I'll post it.

5. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Ya know what's funny? That car and the tudor with the Jag and the Americans on the last set of scans are the same car! I was waiting for some to call me on that, but it IS two different lives. That cover was with original builder Sheldon Bardin in '69, and the second was a subsequent owner in '78... Car is still around as I saw it a few years ago at LARS.

6. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Damn! That one wouldn't have left me Gary! Way cool!

7. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Really! How about that. Theres another thread on here a couple days ago with some guy asking what an E-type rear is worth. And I have a large journal 327 that isnt earmarked for anything. Its just mental wanking, but it gets me thinking. Full-fendered tudor with oval cap ET Classic Fives, blue streaks, a jag rear, muncie, and large journal 327 with a quartet of side-draft webers on a moon intake. Better yet, how about same deal in a tub? Yea, its 1971 all over again!

8. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

Yeh It was a nice car--no patch panels in it at all!!!
    It lives in W, Va now and is anti-freeze green!!!

Oh Teh,The girls liked it too ha ha

Attached Files:

9. I've always dug this one, in my eyes it's just got the right amount of change. Well I see that someone posted it on page 4, still the one I like.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I REALLY like that bronze and brown coupe you posted with the buick wires too. Pretty sure that car was on the famous R&C Early Times group cover shot with Knutsens T -bucket. And Garys ex-coupe is pretty nice as well. Man, theres some cool stuff on this thread. I also keep going back and looking at that red tub.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2013
  11. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Trust me, that Tudor at the swap yesterday and friday was cause for much mental masterbation... At 3000.00 or so I can't believe the thing went home on the same trailer.

12. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Yep, Joe Mack's car... Too cool!

13. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Damn, there was a '23-'27 TT cab out there yesterday too that I saw a couple of years ago when I was dead flat broke for about 500.00. Back then it was absolutely perfect original tin that just had a good coat of surface rust and minimal dents. It was bought back then by one of the local rat rod kids, and about two weeks later I was at an event and overheard him telling his buddies that "I chopped that bitch 10" dude!!"
    So, there it was yesterday, crooked chop of about 10" hacked up six ways from sunday for 350... Sad. All I could think of was the Blue flat bed up the page.

14. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Ha, that's exactly why I was reluctant to make this one "official"!!! Maybe we can make this this the "Full fendered "T" Pirate thread... AAARRRR!" Cool roadster!!!

15. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Yea, 3K for a solid clean T Tudor sedan is a deal. Probably end up with some ahole who tosses the fenders, chops the snot out of it, and double z's a set of model a rails, faux 10 spoke spindle mounts,sbc with rocket valve covers, we all know the drill by now.:rolleyes: You know, makes intos a badd-ass "trad" hot rod...

16. Pete Eastwood

Pete Eastwood
    from california

This is killing me !!! I love full fendered T's
    Shelden Bardin's Tudor, Dick Rundel's roadster, Richard Graves Tub, the tub in post #28, the center door's & coupes ! They're all neat !
    I've always wanted to build one, but have to many projects already.
    Besides, then I'd have to decide between a Center door, a 27 tudor, or a 27 tub !

17. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Like Lay's potato chips, no one can build just one?

Have I posted Grave's tub yet?

18. Bdamfino

Bdamfino
    from Hamlet, NC

In the early seventies, there was a hiboy 23-24 T Coupe running a banger that made some coverage in early mags. Slicks on back, spoke wheels front, psychedelic striping, I love that era!!

19. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Ha! Got it around here, I'll post it. Actually, I think I already have posted just rear three quarters shot of it back on one of the first pages.

20. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Thats the tough part.:D

21. TerrytheK

TerrytheK
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Here's one I don't think has been posted here yet. If it was, sorry, I missed it. It's from Thom Taylor's book "Hot Rod and Custom Chronicle":

"In 1966, Dan Woods, a fellow Early Times club member, called Bill Booth and told him about a disassembled '27 T touring for sale. Bill greatly admired friend John Monteiro's T touring and wanted one of his own, so he raced over to the owner's house and bought it on the spot."

Yet another admirer of the Monteiro T. Hmmmm! The book also sheds a little light (for those who may be wondering!) on the previously-mentioned proliferation of Jag rearends under these cars. The book's text reads: "One of the best changes Bill made was installing a Jaguar independent rear end in the early 1970's. The new rear suspension made all the difference in the way the lightweight tub rode. Bill explained: 'We would be boogeying down the highway and go over a dip, and the rear seat passengers would all but fly out of the car. The Jag rear fixed all that.' "

As a side note to Chip (needlouvers?), I paged through most everything I had looking for a pic of the Ron Olmstead touring you talked about earlier. Got nothing. Maybe somebody else can find it.. I'd sure like to see it.

Attached Files:

22. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Figured I should break with tradition and contribute something other than smart-ass banter to this thread. I'll start off with a two-fer. I figure everyone is familiar with Mike Hemus' cad powered '27 with Model A fenders, but check the candy red '27 RP in the background...

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

23. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Another RP with Model A fenders (Chip, you just said full fenders, you didnt say they had to be T fenders...:p) Don Hentzels Red Ram powered '27. Theres a guy on the HAMB who is building a similar car, I will see if I can post a pic of that as well.

[​IMG]

24. tjm73

tjm73

That is frickin' cool!!!!

25. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

26. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

[​IMG]

Not one of my personal favorites, too much gingerbread for my taste, but a pretty high profile car at the time, and there arent very many early T's on this thread..

[​IMG]

27. TerrytheK

TerrytheK
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

YES!!! Now you're gettin' the hang of this. COOL!!

28. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

My Brother built this one using a mixture of "T" parts, 26-27 fenders and aprons, early hood and grille. He built the cab out of aluminum and the box out of steel, it started out as a C cab flatbed, and he changed it along the way, and added some "A" bumpers and lights.

Attached Files:

verde742 likes this.
  29. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Hope I dont get this shut down for heading off into Street rod territory, but I always really liked this roadster.

Attached Files: