Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pac NW Drag Racers - Recognize this Anglia?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Racer83, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Racer83

Racer83
    from SoCal

I'm wondering if anyone may recognize this Anglia? We recently purchased the car from a guy in southern Oregon, and the car had spent its whole life in that area. He owned it for around 10 years but never really did anything with it, and previously, according to his word, the car was built and last raced in the 1970's, was candy apple red, and Twig Zielger had some kind of involvement in it.

This is a very unique car, as it is not a left hand steer door car; it's a flip top, center steer, altered, with a torsion bar front end and ladder bar back end with a 9' floater. You can tell the cage has been updated and is fairly new, but otherwise, again according to the seller, this is the exact chassis and configuration the car has been in its whole life.

If anyone recognizes this car, has pictures of it, etc., I'd sure like to hear about it.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. GOATROPER02

GOATROPER02
    from OHIO

Don't know anything about it.... But it's badass.

3. brandon

brandon

seems like it was on ebay a while back...early 00's. seems like it was done by the same guy that did the green flip thames that surfaced in the early 00's.

4. Blown Red Ram

Blown Red Ram
    from Kelso,Wa.

Twig Ziegler has a transmission shop in Pendlton Ore. You could call him and ask. He's a good guy to talk with.
    Tim

5. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

Here's a bump for a nice Anglia............................

6. Racer83

Racer83
    from SoCal

Thanks for the responses, guys.

Another name given of a guy who might have been involved with the car was Harold something or other, Catch (sp?) maybe?

Yes, eBay is where we found the car a few months back.

7. jangleguy

jangleguy

Not familiar with this one (great car!), but I'll ask around. I thought I knew of every Anglia in the Northwest, but this one broadsided me. Congrats on a killer score!

Have you contacted Bucky Austin, or Marty Strode (he's a HAMBer). They know everything about everything!

8. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

It could have belonged to Harold Ketch, Harold built chassis in Portland. His company was "Custom Chassis". He was a great fabricator and a nice guy, he passed away over 10 years ago. BTW he did race an Anglia in the early 70's.

9. Racer83

Racer83
    from SoCal

Ok, Harold Ketch, that is obviously the guy, thanks Marty Strode! Are there any good websites out there of Oregon/Washington drag racing from that era where I might get lucky and find a pic?

10. onefaststude

onefaststude

Or Bob Gibson from Salem who built, owned, and drove a Killer A/GS Thames with independent front Suspension in about 1970.
    Bob also built the Bryson and Bryson 33 Willy's A/GS (later named the Bryson and Ziegler A/GS, and then the Bryson and Gibson A/GS).
    Bob also built a Maverick gasser with a SOHC injected 427 Ford which to the best of my knowledge never ran.
    He is (or was?) one hell of a craftsman and the first fabricator I ever met who was smart enough to say: "give me the money first, and I will build it".
    That got rid of most racers who by nature are somewhat "flakey" if you get my drift. Bob

11. voodoo1

voodoo1

12. Project Paladin

Project Paladin
    BANNED

Try posting over on gasserhotrods.com. lots of the old gasser madness guys there. Bitching car

13. Racer83: The original owner is Tom Griffin, from Gresham Oregon..
    He said if you want more info on the car call him.
    Send me a PM and I will give you his Phone#

14. verde742

verde742

Jack Corley from Gresham, knows a lotta stuff, might even have pictures of Tom's car.

Marty, who I never met, Is certainly correct about Harold being a great guy,,he checked out way too young,,