Register now to get rid of these ads!

MEXICAN JUNK,what i found.... pix

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sled, May 17, 2007.

1. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

Very cool!

I snapped this photo on the streets of Merida in 1992.

[​IMG]

2. sled

sled

Barn Find...ah,i can still see nowadays a number of these trucks (this looks like a Chevy,right?) in normal working use not only in rural areas but in the city suburbs as well..there is a company selling contruction stuff in north of DF still using two white 34 Ford trucks every day to move sand,cement bags,bricks and all sorts of heavy stuff..sorry ,i never took pics of those..just to mention some,but there are plenty them around here

3. sled

sled

Recently i met a friend of a friend wich is heavily into cool bikes..he has a number of em ,not many but really selective stuff..he has a number of these BMW R69S (sport) ,good taste man..he just put this one for sale to invest in other bikes he's interested to buy..a 1968,with correct red paint (usually they were black or white) and a fully running one...one of the best german bikes ever made,considered by the brand fans...

Attached Files:

Pacorro likes this.
  4. Sled, when are you going to make a trip to CUBA with pesos and camera?

5. RICKY~RICARDO

RICKY~RICARDO
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Milwaukee

Why would you want a beat up jalopy from Cuba?

6. Rebe7cca

Rebe7cca
    from USA

Dry climate and not a moredoor in the bunch except the kombi and the hearse and even those are cool![​IMG]

7. sled

sled

Been there and done that...i mean,as Ricky Ricardo says below there is almost no reason to go to Cuba and get beaten up stuff..no spares from 1959,and they fix cars and bikes with anything available,mostly a lot of russian stuff and improvising with a great dose of creativity..no thanks!

Been there couple times,its only couple hours from Mexico by flight..sure there will be some hidden stuff but its like everything else,you have to push hard and get great government contacts to drag that stuff out...aprox two years ago the expensive cars from ex-dictator Batista have been discovered but i dont know what happened to them after the find...perhaps they are already out in some wealthy's garage being restored...talkin on the 300 Mercedes and the coachbuilt Alfa

At this point in life i rather prefer go far south in Uruguay and Argentina,altought lot of great stuff has been found and rescued already..but there are still good hidden gems,of course...

Pacorro likes this.
  8. sled

sled

Ah,and with the mexican peso you cant do much in Cuba..the local CUC (reajusted cuban peso) is freakin expensive to me..more like one euro to one CUC at exchange rate ...nah,thanks

9. sled

sled

One more reason to not to go to Cuba..well ,at list carwise i prefer it here..
    A car you wont see every day..matter of fact its the only one i've seen myself in my entire life...
    a 1930 Chrysler Imperial convertible coupe (top of the line) coachbuilt by Locke...note the unique side door on the 3/4 body panel...clever,eh?
    This was a typical Locke touch..
    PS.Would love to know how many of these have been built,infos are scarce..if anybody knows,please chime in

Attached Files:

Pacorro likes this.
  10. classic L.B.

classic L.B.

wow Im speachless WTF

11. seatex

seatex

Damn, Sled, you've got a car-nose better than any German Shepard! I really enjoy your post, now, let's see your personal collection!:eek:

12. sled

sled

Seatex..this is one of my current collection..just bought a week ago.Stock flattie and runs nicely...But,not for long,since it will go to a great friend o mine soon...
    i got a number of Mercs but for some reasons i dont want to have a big car collection...here in DF the space is always an issue and i have my philosophy about it too...
    I feel lucky enuff to get all this stuff in my hands for periods of time wich for me is a great satisfaction already..and nothin is forever as far as we want to hold it..
    but a keeper will be the Mexicali 40 Merc among a few others,not many..just certain lines that are already stuck in mind,that will be sufficient for me..the rest if fun!

Attached Files:

Pacorro likes this.
  13. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

I think I said "WOW" about ten times while looking at these pictures.:D Does it run Sled?

14. sled

sled

Yes,it's a fully running car and well maintained from the family owners...a full time mechanic is paid for to take care all the cars in this private collection..

Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
  15. sled

sled

Hence the overwhelming response on the 1930 Chrysler Imperial here more pics of it..enjoy!!!

Attached Files:

Pacorro likes this.
  16. Fopelaez

Fopelaez

You've got the best work ever!
    Nice finds, keep the search going!

17. sled

sled

Hey Fopelaez,very much appreciate it...looks like that we're close too..are you hangin out in Beto's Ravago shop by chance??;)
    Of course i will push it hard ..too much fun man!

18. skoh73

skoh73

Sled you are one heck of a lucky fella to be able to do what you do! Keep up the great work!

19. sled

sled

Skoh..thanks ,i feel really lucky..actually i wanted so badly to live my dream that it took quite long time to get it partially done...i want to keep going as much as i can for sure,i cant get enuff...more pics soon ;)

20. sled

sled

In the same garage also well cared is this rare 1934 Packard 3w coupe series 1101 coupe
    not many around nowadays and this is also a fully running ,well mantained car..seldom used!
    1934 was an exellent year for Packard,beautiful designs and quality cars made...then the coachbuilt ones are way above too
    Experts say only 10% of these 1101 series survive...we're talking on aprox 300 cars made in all bodys configurations...wonder how many there are around today!
    Sorry for the poor pics,light sucked here

Attached Files:

Pacorro likes this.
  21. slammed

slammed

[​IMG] I cleaned this one up. Is bueno?

22. sled

sled

Slammed...gracias,esta bien!!

23. sled

sled

Another one in the same garage...a nice 35 Ford convertible,washigton blue,stock flattie and upgraded interior...clean overall!
    This one has been sold locally recently...note the antique car plates on it,so you can drive it every day here in DF..just in case,ah!

Attached Files:

Pacorro likes this.
  24. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Sled, you continue to amaze with these fantastic finds!

25. sled

sled

Thanks,glad you guys like it...always trying to scarf out somethin interesting that is worth it to save

26. slammed

slammed

27. sled

sled

Another not everyday's car in the same garage..
    a classy 1929 Packard phaeton ,in nice restored conds and fully running
    big 8 inline engine and manual tranny...6 wheels equipped,dual windshield a trunk for all the extra stuff needed
    owner had good taste here,no doubt

Attached Files:

28. sled

sled

For the Jaguar fans...this matching numbers 1962 E-type was sold new at the Jag dealer in New York City ,have the original title and registration ..so hiostory known since day one
    Yep,its a rare Flat Floor car by the VIN ,comes with both tops (hardtop is quite hard to find) and has been sold locally recently
    All original except one repaint long ago and the mufflers ..fully running of course!

Attached Files:

Pacorro likes this.
  29. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

holy crapezoid batman, i mean sled, thats some really good stuff, probably really big price tags too! great to see anyways

30. sled

sled

Nova,yeah...these cars are part of a longtime private family collection and couple years ago the father and owner died at the age of 92
    The two sons finally decided to part with the whole collection...some stuff is already gone like the 62 Jag and the 35 Ford convertible
    In any case it's unusual stuff ,at list around here ..hope you guys enjoy it

Pacorro likes this.