Register now to get rid of these ads!

corner of the eye finds!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GearSlammer, Mar 25, 2013.

1. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

How quaint, a self appointed authority. I was there and I think you need to read the rules for this forum and check your facts.

2. FlynBrian

FlynBrian

[​IMG]

3. Glad that's sorted. Nothin' worse than getting you car caught in a HAMB sandwich :D

4. kennb

kennb

Let me get this right now. I got to have pre 49 Ford to have a car I call a hot rod? Gee what am I supposed to call my 29 Essex after I drop in my 330 Desoto Hemi, a drag car? I'm missing something here. Ken

5. Drew.Morris

Drew.Morris

Thats funny shit right there!!!!

:D:D

6. Kind of behind a convenience store where we stopped in our travels.
    Probably owned by the business that owns the building.

[​IMG]

Probably 30 cars back, beside a local business. Don't know how many
    are still there......haven't been by for quite a while.

[​IMG]

Been there a while..........

[​IMG]

I think these have been sold.

[​IMG]

This stuff might be for sale.....is pretty rough though.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 30, 2013
  7. cavman

cavman

You mean to tell me that if it isn't a '48 or earlier Ford, it's an "ODDROD"?

Quick spread the word.... there's a whole new way to make a buc for all the show promoters, and parts makers and sellers..."We specialize in "ODDRODS", or "ODDRODS" only addmitted :)

8. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Bickering aside, this new thread really belongs in the long standing "sitting and rotting" thread...

9. Deuces

Deuces

Your full of crap.....

10. no.scar.no.story

no.scar.no.story

Agreed. x2.

11. BIG-JIM

BIG-JIM
    from CT

WOW! Been here 13 years & over 4500 posts and still don't get it? I suppose you just can't fix stupid.

12. ^^^^^Every forum has it's self appointed, junior moderators. It is similar to being a prophet. If you take the job, you're allowed no mistakes. It is fun when one of them steps on his dick

13. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

47 plym---is that ford truck sitting in the chats ? makes me home sick there were many abandoned cars and trucks in the chats years ago---best i ever got was a 27 t roadster...

14. Yes, it's a Ford. Up around Neck City.

15. Bart78

Bart78

[​IMG] 30 model aa.

16. Mercman4life

Mercman4life

OH they are some funny pictures ...LOL

17. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Modern? What are you smoking as its a early 60s.

18. HRK-hotrods

HRK-hotrods

Wow... Ya know, I've noticed that honestly, you hardly ever have a positive comment for anything. I would hate to live life with that mindset... I feel bad for you.

19. 50flathead

50flathead
    from Iowa, USA

This is the time of the year to find that kind of stuff. No leaves yet up here and the snow is melted so outlines really stand out.

20. Oilcan Harry

Oilcan Harry
    from INDY

All I find in the corner of my eye is eye boogers.

21. GearSlammer

GearSlammer
    from Rogers AR

Its been a while since ive posted on this thread due to my cruddy cell phone. But I am back in the same little town and found this today. The shop was locked up so im going to keep driving by until I can bug somebody.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

22. no.scar.no.story

no.scar.no.story

Hope that works out for ya. That could be a cool one...

23. chromeazone

chromeazone

I love this chatter! That's why it is a forum, right??
    GET THAT '62 OR I WILL DRIVE OVER THERE AND GET IT!

PLUS, it's a drop top! Save it before the floor and guts rust out! I have owned two, but never lucky enough to bag a convert. The master cylinders are a bitch to get to, but small price for owning such a sweetie.
    Don't let the haters chill your Chi ! It's an "old" Buick, that's all that counts!

(EX Bakershole resident. Glad to be gone, last summer !! Might make it back for H.R.Reunion in Fall at Famoso.)

24. GearSlammer

GearSlammer
    from Rogers AR

its got some rust, the guy keeps it covered up for the most part. we are actually working right next door to the buick now. im willing to bet a $400 cash in hand offer would get you that buick! he dont know anything about the car or what its worth. H.R.R is bad ass you gotta come!

25. chromeazone

chromeazone

G.S. : Keep me posted with details on availability if they come out (price, engine intact,etc.).
    I first went to March Meet in 1963 when I took bus up from Long Beach (USN). I went just about every year except for maybe 4-5. Went to most Reunions except last year.

Folks get strange when you start talking about ACTUALLY buying their car, so don't be shocked if they throw some outrageous dollar number at you.
    Thanks!

26. 61 chevy

61 chevy

my wife likes to drive, so I set and look out, I see a lot of cars in back yards

27. GearSlammer

GearSlammer
    from Rogers AR

Chrome- if I see him outfront tomorrow ill have my boss talk to him. He doesnt speak english. His son told me that he drove it home and its been parked ever since.ill get more pics also...i try to go to h.r.r and march meets as much as I can.

28. GearSlammer

GearSlammer
    from Rogers AR

I found this 1962 olds 98 this morning...all original car..nothing is missing...doesnt run at the moment...any ideas on what its worth?

Attached Files:

29. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

Since this thread has been brought up and it's the first time I saw it I'll add my story.

I am usually the driver so it's kind of hard to scope out properties on either side of the road. A few years back I was riding in the back seat of a friend's truck looking out the side window checking out properties in the country side and small towns we were driving through. Just as we passed a house at the edge of a small town I see the chrome headlight ring of a '48-50 Ford truck. The truck was in the bush behind a garage at the back of a 50 foot driveway and up a slight hill. I was just lucky to get a glimpse of it. I tell my friend to turn around because I saw an old truck in a yard. We go back and no one in the truck could see what I saw but we pull into the yard. This was kind of a trailer trash type of property and parked out in the back was a '48-50 Ford bread truck. The truck was in rough shape, everything was rusted through and the roof was falling in but the stainless grill trim was in excellent shape. The stainless grill trim on bread trucks is the same as used on the larger F-7 & F-8 trucks and is wider than the smaller trucks. The smaller version is being reproduced but not for the bigger trucks. I ended up talking to guy who came to the door in his underwear, it was about noon, and made a deal with him for $10 for all of the trim. I ended up selling it for $200 to a guy who had a big truck and was looking for the trim. The $200 went into my truck fund.

30. My "corner of the eye" find....a 1928 Ford 1/2 pickup with factory dual sidemounts turned into a flatbed. Do you see it in the first photo? Gotta look REAL close.....

Attached Files: