Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Member from Ontario, Canada

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Reidman, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Reidman

Reidman

Hello everyone...just wanted to say hello. Just registered. Restoring an all steel 1950 Mercury Monterey, 2-door coupe, chopped 6", decked, shaved, frenched, lowered by previous owner. 80% complete...needs interior, new glass, bumpers and grill to be re-chromed, replaced or painted. Took primer down and completed body work, minor stuff...ready for primer in a couple of weeks. No technical training, ever...just picked things up along the way and apply this new found knowledge. Will be priming and painting a car for the first time with instruction from a local, semi-retired body and paint man who has been gracious enough to help me along the way. Will need to replace some parts, which I will list at a later date. My biggest decision will be whether or not to keep the running Chevy drivetrain in the Merc or replace it with a Flathead driveline from the rad back to the 9" rear end I have ready to go in the Merc?

Happy Easter everyone,

Reid

2. 55willys

55willys

Welcome. Sounds like a cool ride. Go Ford all the way! Jim Ford (55willys)

3. Welcome from CT!

4. Welcome from northern Ontario.

5. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Welcome from British Columbia! We really want to see some pics of your chopped Merc!

6. dniemi

dniemi

Welcome from Bradford.
    Dave

7. restomod32

restomod32

Welcome from Ontario

8. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

Welcome from Detroit

9. Welcome from the Niagara Region. You'll fit in here great - keep it Ford in my opinion.

10. Ragtop

Ragtop
    Member Emeritus

Welcome from Belle River! Ontario's pretty big - where are you?

11. Welcome from Susan & Larry in the Mo.;)zarks