Register now to get rid of these ads!

Early Aussie Custom, 37 Ford Coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Blackroad, Mar 26, 2012.

1. AV88

AV88

I'm Australian so it's not a race issue but ...... 95% of Australians have been screwing up hotrods since the 70's , changing great proportioned old cars built with neat old parts and fitting in some weird junk from some mid 90's pile of crap, somedays it's embarrassing

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

Last edited: Mar 30, 2013
    WiredSpider likes this.
  2. Dago 88

Dago 88
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

WiredSpider likes this.
  3. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

sounds like aboriginal mysticism ---using those 90's parts in the 70's mate...

4. Dave Robbo

Dave Robbo

Hi there Blackroad, the white colour in the photo you posted is actually undercoat.I decided to change the motor and made the decision to move the battery to the boot. Once done the firewall was painted black but at the time of selling you the coupe I had not finished painting the rest of it. I too would like to know where the coupe is residing these days.

5. Blackroad

Blackroad
    from Sydney

Well after years of searching, today I finally stood next to my old 37 coupe. My son and I drove to Bendigo today for the swap meet. After tea we wandered down the street to the impromptu hot rod show. What did we see but my old coupe. After it was on EBay it was purchased by the current owner who lives in Tasmania. When he bought the car he wasn't told of any of the early history. I showed him all of the photos I had on my phone and told him what I knew. We exchanged details and I promised to send him all the photos and information that I have. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1415960217.492042.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

6. Blackroad

Blackroad
    from Sydney

Dave robbo, need you to contact me re the coupe. Have sent you a PM So check your mailbox

7. tub1

tub1
    from tasmania

well Black road your trip to Bendigo was worth while ,wasn't much old ford stuff there for sale was there? did you like that cool green 34 on Friday night or did you only have eyes for the 37 ?

8. Blackroad

Blackroad
    from Sydney

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1416819693.639581.jpg green 34 was killer, my favorite car for sure. Wish I had of known you were there, would love to catch up. Early ford parts were certainly scares

9. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

I was over the back parked over that gravel so no one would drive onto the hump. Not sure what they did when I left. The Tourer in the photo is a new steel body from Waddingtons. That would have been the first outing for it I believe.

10. tub1

tub1
    from tasmania

wouldn't one of those 33/34 Waddington tubs look great made into a tudor tub and close coupled ,are coming next year blackroad I will be at the catherderal motel as usual ,my how Bendigo swap has changed in 30 years

11. There are greens and there are greens. Great car but sadly, he chose the 'other' green.

No doubt he thought it looked good as a colour chip.

12. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

Having his own paint shop would help.

13. I don't understand what you mean by that.

If it means he had unlimited opportunity to mix and test greens, well, I believe it reinforces my point.

I think a darker, richer green would do more justice to the car, but that's just me. Given the guy's resources he's obviously reached a happy place for himself colour wise and good luck to him.

14. tub1

tub1
    from tasmania

im not a green fan myself however the colour is up to the owner ,and I don't believe the pics on here did justice to the actual colour ,I just liked the mans car

15. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

Exactly. He has his own paint shop and I guess he chose the color because it worked for him. It does not mean it will work for every one else.