Register now to get rid of these ads!

Battery Tender?????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by airbrushguy, Aug 20, 2012.

1. speedyb

speedyb
    from socal

I've had great success with Deltran brand battery tenders, they won't renew marginal battery's, but if you work out of state 5 months out of the year and you can't " DRIVE YOUR CARS ENOUGH " there great.

2. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

I have three BATTERY TENDERS like the one in the above photo. :D

My wife and I have 6 licensed, tagged and insured vehicles. SO >>>
    we do not drive the two 32's and a O/T convertible enough to keep the battery fully charged.

For years I have owned a Harley ( sold last one recently ) and I learned years ago that a Battery Tender actually extended the life of the battery in my Harleys.

3. Just ordered a Deltran, thanks for the tips.

4. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

AMEN BROTHER
    b.b.

5. Had a lawn tractor that I had to replace the battery every year just from sitting over the winter. After three batteries, I bought a battery tender.

The next battery (hooked up to a tender) lasted 9 years before I had to replace it.

I have been using them for over twenty five years now and only had one malfunction.

At twenty dollars I replace them after 7 or 8 years of service...

6. Motorhead Extraordinaire

Motorhead Extraordinaire
    Alliance Vendor

I have used the Deltran Battery Tender for years with very good luck. The battery in my vintage AFX car, which has no alternator, is 8 years old and has always been on a Deltran. The battery is always ready to make another 10 second pass.

I own and regularly use about six of these chargers with very good results.

Don't confuse a smart floating capability with a trickle charger. They are a world of technology apart.

Joe

7. I agree, but the stereo gives my charging system a run for it's output and after a hot day with the ac running full field and the stereo playing, often the battery is a little low, so I figure to keep it up in between runs is good.:rolleyes:

8. Bob_D

Bob_D
    from Atlanta,GA

I have a brand new 9v battery from NAPA. This winter my '53 Merc was dead every morning I tried to start it. I attributed it to an ice cold flathead. It would start with power but after a ciouple turn overs it dies. Summer time I never had an issue. I'll see what this battery does this summer.

(guess getting a tender wouldn't hurt)

9. I have three , all working fine.

10. outlaw256

outlaw256

this is the one we use. never have had a problem with them and they are cheap.we have harlesy that sometimes dont get turned over for a long time and these have saved the day.

11. Motor City

Motor City
    from Michigan

Check out these Ctek Chargers. I have one, and their great. They are a pulse charger and can help some sulfated battery's My lawn tractor battery was on its last leg, and it seemed to bring it back to life. The battery ended up lasting the whole summer.

http://smartercharger.com/

12. Cruiser

Cruiser

I have four Battery Tenders never a problem, just replaced a Die Hard battery in one car after 10 years. You can get from 7 to 11 years with good battery's and a Battery Tender. :D

CRUISER :cool:

13. PHQ2

PHQ2

Made in my hometown DeLand Fl

14. Pops1532

Pops1532
    from Illinois

Another vote for Deltran tenders. I use them on by backhoe and dump trailer. I know others that use them report 9-13 year battery life.

15. 5Wcoupe

5Wcoupe
    from L.A., Ca.

I have had them on 2 cars and a truck for 4+ years.
    All Deltran junior models.
    They work very well

16. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

I have them on all my vehicles and with a good brand version I have had standard car batteries last eight years or more. Conventional car battery will usualy last two years but with a tender you should get as long as I have.