Register now to get rid of these ads!

Chicago Suburbs monthly breakfast?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cmarcus, Mar 29, 2013.

1. cmarcus

cmarcus

I saw another thread today about a breakfast get together in CA. Anyone up for the same in the Chicago burbs? Or is there one I don't know about?

I'm a young guy, so go easy on me if there is one going on, and I show up :)

2. 1959apache

1959apache

if you guys get it together up there and have them regularly I may drive one of my cars up there when I see family.

3. cmarcus

cmarcus

That would be awesome! I think this could be a cool opportunity and fun time to just get out and cruise once and a while, and a great excuse for someone like you to get away for a day :D

4. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

5. cmarcus

cmarcus

6. silent rick

silent rick

they meet up pretty much every week unless there's an event, but more so in the winter months. it might be better to ask the question on their social group

7. blktie

blktie

8. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

Don't thank me yet, I charge double for autographs........

9. WTSHNN

WTSHNN
    from Chicago

I wish I had known about this sooner, love Chuck's.

Funny story about my A and Chuck's. Last year I drove my stock '31 Pickup to Chuck's fest. Me and my buddy were sitting in terrible traffic on Harlem waiting to get to the parking lot. All of a sudden, this woman came running out into traffic and was adamant that I park my truck in the parking lot of her bar, Pete's, right at like 71st street. As I am not a trusting individual I was extremely hesitant to park my A in a biker bar a block away from the fest. So there, in the middle of traffic (southbound was flying by but northbound was a parking lot) she says to me "no, I love Model A's here, see..." and she rolls up her pant leg and shows me this...
    [​IMG]

Good enough for me!

She stopped traffic, I pulled into the lot, met the family that owns the place and they were all great people. Their grandfather owned a Model A until he passed away and that was the reasoning behind her tat.

Driving home I heard a new rattle and thinking something was wrong pulled over, nope, just a couple bottles of High Life rolling in the bed.

I'm out of town most of the Saturdays in April and May but I'll see if maybe I can stop by sometime.
    -Tim

10. cmarcus

cmarcus

Thanks for the info guys, blktie, thanks for the link. I joined the group to get in on the discussions! Let me know when the next time you guys are out there!

11. 54rat210

54rat210

I went to the last one. Then everyone went to a open house.

12. You guys don't know what your missing at Chucks until you have heard one of Greg32's or Rinaldi 's stories , heard Bill quiz Albert on the contents of his cell phone, seen Tiger Mark entertain the Bankers Christmas Breakfast party , or even the live musical entertainment every 3rd Saturday ( seriously good delta blues style guitar guy) along with the "beignets ". You never can tell who may show up . We have had visitors from France , England, Scandanavia, Texas, and occasional Michigander . The turnout can vary from the diehards to as many as 25 . Stop by and you can even buy all of us breakfast we won't try to talk you out of it. Did I mention the foods great . Stop by Saturday .

13. cmarcus

cmarcus

Larry - do you guys just grab a table, or ask the host for a specific group, or grab a room?

14. Over the many years we have been meeting at Chuck's we kind of took over the group of tables near the rear of the restaurant. They take good care of us and are very accommodating if we have unexpected guests. If your there at 7:00 am you'll meet all of us on the way in when they open.

15. falcon-61

falcon-61
    from Chicago

How about one for us city slickers? Even if it's just once a month or something.

16. greg32

greg32
    from Indiana

I think you still owe us money from the last breakfast.

17. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

If you re-read the contract you'll see that any obligation to pay was nullified when you failed to properly prepare my dressing room.

18. cmarcus

cmarcus

I'll be there this coming weekend guys - this past Saturday I was at the DMV getting the Caddy registered (finally)!