Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rise from the Ash and kick some A.S.S. :-) Update from TUCK-----> Check it.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tuck, Jan 23, 2012.

1. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

good for you tuck , i wish i had , had more possitive influence as a kid when i was in school , teachers can really make a difference , keep up the good work

2. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

:)German version of Pirus,:eek: 261 miles per gallon ,,, $ 100,000.00 to buy. Get your order in early.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
  3. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

It sounds like it's safe to say that the fire was a blessing in disguise. Yeah, it sucked at first, but look at the positive changes you've made ever since then. Not just in your life, but all those kids lives.. You rule.

See you in Austin!

4. Not sure how I missed this. Looking good Tuck. Wish you had been my shop teacher too!!!

5. Sure glad to see that things have been looking up for you, especially the very rewarding job, teaching. Your passion for teaching, really reminds me of a couple of incredible people, that influenced me during my high scool years. It's easy to see why they want you to continue teaching, if students are willing to put in extra time in your classroom like that. ;)

PS. You've inspired me to put a trailer hitch on my daily driver, although it's not a Prius, but a Volkswagen Jetta TDI. Turbo Diesel rules.

6. eltoolo

eltoolo

I want to get into your class man it sounds awsome these kids are getting so much good influence . You rock buddy ..

7. Tuck

Your teaching method is inspirational.
    My son is a Phys Ed a teacher here in MN and he uses pretty much the same approach. You have to get and keep the kids interested.

Maybe a Hot Rod magnet school is in order. All of the curriculum would be centered around the hot rod hobby. Not a chance in Mpls or St Paul.

8. Mooseman

Mooseman

Tuck rules at ruling. Hey tuck could you tell us how you plan to make plasma cutters out of old computers.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
  9. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

That he does!

Attached Files:

10. I think those kids care and you may not know it now, but you'll have a life long lasting impact on them. I drag race with Gary Densham, a retired high school shop teacher and nitro funny car pilot. Countless times over the past three season we'll be on the road or at the track and a former student (20+ years removed from high school) will come up, and say something along the lines of "Hi Mr. Densham I'm a former student of yours, and I just wanted to say hi and tell you how great of a teacher you were" It's humbling to see in person how a great teacher will be remember by his former students long after they have graduated, and grown up in life. Keep up the good work.

GO TUCK GO!

11. as always just let me know if ya need something .. we have things you may need ..

12. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

Thanks guys- Seriously-

Been really busy- I can't wait for June!

So- at work some crazy stuff is going down... not sure what its going to end up like but heres the deal-

The current Dean used to be the Tech Ed teacher down here a couple years ago but decided she wanted to be dean so applied for it and got the job- then they hired the guy I replaced.

Well... they CUT the Dean position... so she would bump my job- which after all this work is like a big kick in the gut.

BUT... the Administration doesnt want to lose me so I applied for the Art position- the current Art teacher is retiring.

I got the job- so I stay.

Heres the cool part. I keep the welding shop- I'll still teach welding/fab-

So in a way... its a good fit- although I must admit I'm going to miss Technology- Getting my Teaching License in art is going to be way easier because I have a BFA in art already-

I may end up back in the tech department- so we'll see what happens.

I can teach kids how to pinstripe, airbrush, draw, paint, weld and fabricate... its on. :) Learn about guys like Roth, Moriairty, Weesner, Franco- oh LONG LIST...

I'm having an open house May 31'st. I'll post an official invite later.

http://instagram.com/hollywoodtuck

Last edited: Apr 30, 2013
    russellmn likes this.
  13. You rule dude, good for you!!!!!

14. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've been working on my bones and axle for the roadster- deuce bones that I'm running Cory's bungs for early tie rod ends.. This isnt a plug... these bungs are top shelf- I mean it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. ewt2

ewt2

Way to go Tuck!

16. Yes, you are an ARTIST in so many ways.

17. Very cool, where did you get those bungs?

18. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

Crazy to see how things are working out for you. Thanks for letting us follow along. Congrats on the new gig

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

19. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

20. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

:)That all is very cool. Grats on your demotion/promotion.:D:cool:

21. Tv star before ya know it......

22. Beau

Beau

Just amazing.

23. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

Thanks guys----> :)

OPEN HOUSE TODAY and TOMORROW----->

EAST CENTRAL HIGH SCHOOL from 8:30am to 5:30pm Thursday
    8:30am to 3:30pm Friday-

Come on up and see whats goin on---->

Or click on this link---->
    http://instagram.com/hollywoodtuck

Tuck

Last edited: May 30, 2013
  24. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

So I'm bringing this back up to the top---->

Danielle and I are getting married Oct. 19th.
    Outside- small with close family-

THEN---->

We have an open house at 5pm that goes to midnight
    Hambers/friends are invited to come-
    its low key- nothing crazy just an open house to celebrate our union-
    I was really bad with invites- I'm just putting this out there in case anyone is in the area or wants to come visit on Sat.

Its at:
    The Tuckner Farm
    19384 Silver Fox Dr
    Pine City, Mn.
    GOOGLE MAP IT---->

We will have a bonfire/hayrides
    Roast pork/food-
    some home made amber beer while it lasts so bring your own if youre into that sort of thing-

If you want to drive from a ways away and need to crash here? No problem- just let me know- we have a house that my mom uses for retreats thats empty- sort of like a guest house.

:)

Can't wait! :)

25. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

Congrats. I wish I could make it

26. Congrats to you two.

27. x 2.

28. Congrats from the Southern Hemisphere.

29. Very happy for you!!!! Wish I lived closer.

30. Congratulations! Wish I was closer, I would like to meet you some day, as I find your posts, very inspirational. All the best in the future.:)