Register now to get rid of these ads!

pictures of coupes turned into pickups.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by burger, May 5, 2003.

1. 34Fordtk

34Fordtk

I wondered when Hatch would show up [​IMG] I like it!!!

2. japchris

japchris
    from England

3. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Ed, That is a cool looking car! I agree with FE02. And Hatch's rendition is close. Keep the box and make it different.

4. Curt Six

Curt Six

Here's an idea similar to Hatch's...I kept the box a little longer, still went the "unibody" route and kept the roof height...and badly hacked in some Radirs, too.

Attached Files:

5. Plowboy

Plowboy

I imagine that if you went the "Ute" route that body line might be somewhat difficult to duplicate all the way down the body.

I kinda like it the way it is, it has character! I also agree that a little needs to be trimmed off the back of the bed. Keep it big enough to carry a big cooler of beer though! Radirs look cool on anything IMHO!

6. burger

burger

japchris: thank you for that link... while it's not exactly what i had in mind, it's the closest yet. here's a copy of the pic:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

hatch and curt six: i like your versions a lot, but could someone please photoshop a model a style bed onto it? the chop/lowering job on hatch's version looks wicked. i plan to use chevy 16x4 rims with 450-16 firestone blackwalls on the front and 650-16 stones on the back.

7. Elrod

Elrod

RPW - Plymouth and Dodge offered that same accessory in 1937. It's very rare, indeed!

EMurderer... I remember seeing that Model A coupe / Sears Truck conversion on ebay! Glad to see that a HAMBer got it!

Attached Files:

8. Django

Django
    from Chicago

I really like the Euro Model A truck. And Harrell's truck. I think the bed needs to be seperate from the body, not molded in. I just don't like that look. Sorry Hatch. As an aside, that yellow '36 rocks! [​IMG]

9. Ed that visor is an add on too. Would look better without it. How is the wood in the car? If it is bad it could be a real nightmare.
    There's plenty of old Chevy trucks around here to rob the brakes off of. One junkyard is pretty cheap.
    Clark

10. sawzall

sawzall

ed.

I could make a roller for my bead roller machine to create that reveal in the body. WE could roll that into a new panel above the bedrail then rework the bed to match hatch's photoshop work. the hard part would be the rear roll around between the sides and the gate.

the ute look rocks. sorry but I'm just not diggin the "utility" of the current design.

so what. the wood in this car is SOLID! in fact the car is so nice I wouldnt cut it up (yeah right)

11. burger

burger

clark: let me know where i can find these old trucks that you speak of. i wouldn't mind shooting down on saturday if you're free.

ed

12. I know this isn't what you have in mind, but I thought I'd dig up this one, anyway.
    I bought this at an auction last spring for $1600.
    I sold it a week later for $6K. I kinda wish I woulda kept it. It was all there, had been in a barn since '46, and even ran... Nice car. As you can see, the deck lid was in the "box".

JOE[​IMG]

Attached Files:

13. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

heres one i did (8) years ago...

chopped 7 inchs, back half was a sedan

14. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

another reason i dig the rocky 33 so much it reminds me of that truck... mine had a banger motor though... had I kept with it it may have had a 8...

tuck

15. mecutem

mecutem

I think that chevy with the sears conversion is very cool just as it is. If it were me I would get the running gear modern enough to be comfortable to drive and just drive the crap out of it looking just like it does on that rollback.No sanding, no welded, no painting. I have been roddin for over 30 years and never have seen a kit like that. If you left it as is you would save a ton of work and always be able to say "its an early sears conversion done over 60 years ago". Any old car can be improved but sometimes its "cooler" to just to leave things alone. Just my warped opinion and sorry but I don't have any picks to post. I think its cool just like it is.......Steve

16. Damn Ed if you had joined my 30's Chevy list last summer I had those rear quarters im my hands!

Sold now.. But I dont think the guy was really gonna go very far with them.. hes more into 55-57's

If it was a decklid woulda been GOLD!

I got pics somewhere.. just gotta dig DEEP

I was that close to going Chevy Coupe not TUB

Rob

17. Stone

Stone

Wild picks guys anymore?

18. heres one of my favorite cuopes gone bad [​IMG]

19. tred

tred

i really don't mean to sabotage the thread, but how does one find something like this for sale?

i've scoured books and the internet, but only found one actually for sale, and just missed it...

help(?)

Attached Files:

20. tred

tred

can anybody point me in the right direction?

21. mecutem

mecutem

heres a shot of what I am hoping for. Lately no time so it just waits in the corner. Fellow hambers helped me out a little with photochop on this one. 4dr rear body and cowl and tudor doors.

I recently picked up some radirs and if anyone cares to photochop some raders on this shot it would be great and appreciated very much. cutem Steve

Attached Files:

22. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

[ QUOTE ]
    i really don't mean to sabotage the thread, but how does one find something like this for sale?

i've scoured books and the internet, but only found one actually for sale, and just missed it...

help(?)

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't think there are many around so you might just have to build your own. here is mine....

[​IMG]

and what i'm shooting for. except i'm runnin a 401 Nialhead with six 94s...

[​IMG]

23. Harell Los Angeles

Harell Los Angeles

This is actually a fordor turned into a pickup, not a coupe
    Later
    Harell

Attached Files:

24. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Anyone who does this to a 30-31 Model A could throw the quarter panels my way. I've got the front half of a coupe - waiting for some rear quarters.

25. Stone

Stone

Man those are sweet.Any more pics ofthe fordor turned truck.Close ups, info?

26. tred

tred

i don't think there are many around so you might just have to build your own. here is mine....

see, that's the problem, right now i live in a town house which has a **small** ass garage. i mean small. my '64 impala toched the front wall and the inside garage door handle when the door was down, and it's very narrow, too. i get very frustrated just parking a car in there. i seriously don't wouldn't have a good attitude if i had to build something in there...

plus i'm an impatient sonofabitch... [​IMG]

27. Chop37

Chop37

NARROW M-A bed Remove deck lid install bed??? SEEN This IN 1960s Local hillbilly used to haul supplys:

28. Markgyver

Markgyver

Saw this one for sale cant decied what I think of it.

Attached Files:

29. studeq

studeq
    from Mokena, IL

The pick-up box was a $33 option on any 1941 Studebaker Champion Coupe. They were referred to as the Coupe Delivery. They were also available on the 1939 and '40 model Champions. I have one of each and all are one-of-a-kind. The one below the '41.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

30. Cancorsa

Cancorsa

I am just in the process of converting a 30 Model A 5-window coupe into a pickup, without modifying the body. I took an old Model A bed and narrowed and shortened it to fit into the stock rumble seat/trunk area. If I ever want to turn it back into a rumble seat car, it can be done with little effort. Contact me if you want more details--Bill

Attached Files: