Register now to get rid of these ads!

New in Austin Texas

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by whitelightning77, Mar 29, 2013.

1. whitelightning77

whitelightning77
    from Texas

I love old cars. I have a wide range of tastes. First car was a 1970 Ford F100. Since then life/responsibility hit, so I've had new vehicles. However, I've watched classifieds for literally 20 years looking for a classic. Chevys, Fords, muscle cars, shoeboxes, sleepers, rat rods, hot rots, anything. I joined this in 2007, but just to read.
    I finally pulled the trigger and bought a 1941 Chevy Business Coupe. Very nice ride, but I have a lot of work to do. Engine/transmission has been redone. I'm not a mechanic, but I want to learn. I have small kids and I want to have a project that they can be involved with even just watching. The kids add an interesting issue. They love cruising in the car, but there is no back seat. So although it may not be 'cool', I'm adding a rear seat with belts so they can cruise with me. What better way to get them liking non-cookie-cutter cars. To me, classic cars are art.

Immediate needs are to find a mechanic I trust to do some brake work, and possible steering. After that I need to find an interior place I trust that is familiar with classics to put in a rear seat.

2. Welcome to The HAMB from Indiana.

1shot

3. gilby's garage

gilby's garage

welcome from so-cal

4. chevy54man

chevy54man
    from NC

Welcome from NC and looking forward to seeing pics of your '41 Chevy!

5. Welcome from North Texas....you might get the longest lurker award :D

6. jimmy1931

jimmy1931

Welcome from Oklahoma!

7. whitelightning77

whitelightning77
    from Texas

Thanks for the welcome. I'm a lurker no more! I'm here to figure some stuff out. Also I've lived in austin my entire life so I can help out for anyone coming in for the roundup. I'll stear you clear of the hipsters and guide you to the old Austin ways.