Register now to get rid of these ads!

Straight out of Northern Colorado

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by oldschoolalex, Mar 28, 2013.

1. oldschoolalex

oldschoolalex

Greetings to all. My name is Alex, 25 years old, and I was born and raised in Northern Colorado. Although I didnt grow up around hot rods, I chose early in life to make them my passion. In particular traditional hot rods and customs.

I taught myself how to weld when I was 16 (when I saved up enough money to buy a welder) and the same goes for painting, bodywork, and fabrication. Dont get me wrong, I screwed a lot of thing up learning on my own, but I love to learn new things on my own if I can. Its crazy what you can learn by reading books and magazines.

But above everything else, I am an artist. I have been since I first picked up a pencil. I studied printmaking at the University of Northern Colorado and it is my favorite media to work in. My main subjects in my art are... you guessed it.... traditional hot rods and customs. I will post some of my work soon. Please check out my website and let me know what you think of my work www.oldschoolalex.com. Thanks everyone and I am glad I am apart of this community now. I know the amount of knowledge that roams these pages is unmatched. I hope to learn a lot of new things from you all.

2. Greetings from the southern part of the state, Durango.

3. Alex, welcome from Kansas City...looks like you signed up a couple of years ago and just had time to introduce yourself. Great introduction and I'm going to take an educated guess and say your avatar is your own work.

Be sure to check out the Friday Art Show on the HAMB ! Here is a link to last weeks http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=787686&highlight=friday+art+show You'll find it in the main fourm, you guessed...on Fridays.

4. Marcel8u

Marcel8u

Hello from loveland.......do you have a shop where a fella could stop by. Very nice work by the way

5. Hi Alex,

and welcome from Greeley

6. Welcome to the HAMB.

1shot

7. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

Welcome from SW Wyoming. By the way, I'm getting a 404 when I click on your link. Is it something on my end?

8. chevy54man

chevy54man
    from NC

welcome from NC~

9. oldschoolalex

oldschoolalex

Thanks everyone. Sorry my link didn't work. http://oldschoolalex.com
    If that doesn't work just type it in your browser.
    I don't have a shop, I do all of the work out of my home.

10. mob53

mob53

Welcome from Westminster, CO Alex. Where in NoCo are you? We'll have to get together some time. Love your art.

You gotta put some of your stuff on the Friday Art Show.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
  11. BigpopaCbody

BigpopaCbody
    from Golden,Co

Welcome from Golden hope to meet. Up some time......