Register now to get rid of these ads!

Happy 60th Birthday, Corvette.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. pumpman

pumpman

I have a 56, my dream car when I was 15. As much as I dig customs I really never saw a custom vette that got me excited, I think chevy nailed the design pretty much right from the get go. Of coarse the OT models don't do a damn thing for me. But it was a great platform to start a custom if that is what lifts you skirt.

3. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

looking at that "the shark" Vette I wonder what happened to it. there was one like that in Fremont in the 70's. only it had a straight axle and was orange, it sat outside in an apartment complex, and was obviously an old show car with lotsd of chrome.

I never took a picture, everytime i see an early Vette with fins like that and that style front end i have to wonder if that is /was the same car.

4. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

love the c1's, 62's the most...

5. young'n'poor

young'n'poor
    from Anoka. MN

I really love c-1's. someday is like to own one with a warned over small block and manual. Stock,drag car,mild and radical custom,road racer, these cars look good any way you do them...

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

6. I've never been a vette guy, buy I just indulged and my eyes are full and happy. My only question is whats the scoop with the wheel/tire combo on the Compo-Vette? Is it to blame for the Hot Wheels tire scheme for the following forty years? Happy Birthday corvette.

7. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

My Dream car is a '57 Corvette with rare "Airbox" Option. Happy Birthday!

[​IMG]

8. mgbtc

mgbtc

As much as I love hot rods and classics, I still drive a Corvette every day. Bought my first one for myself on my 17th birthday, a 1962 fuel injected stock one for $1000! Sure wish I had that one back.

9. The Corvette was officially introduced at the Chicago Auto show, Februay 9, 1953, which also happens to be my birthday......

10. 49ratfink - I too grew up in Fremont and vividly remember that "orange show car 'vette with a straight-axle" ... I also remember my father & his fellow Hot Rodders speculating that it was Bob McNulty's old "The Shark" Custom Corvette shown at Oakland in '58 ... I believe McNulty was from nearby Castro Valley ... so there might be some truth to this rumor.

11. raengines

raengines
    from pa.

I remember when the first vette came out and loved them at first sight and still do.

12. KCTA Chris

KCTA Chris

My views changed when I saw this.

Yes, there will be a clone in my future.

Attached Files:

13. I love hot rods and muscle cars, but I will still own a Corvette one of these days, and unapologetically so.

14. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Cool, Cool, Cool, that's what a Vette is. I always wanted one, never had one but my brother did,a 56. My parents bought it for him back in '67 for 500 dollars and I used to love riding in it (I was about 5 years old).
    The good thing is that he still has it. The bad thing is that he no longer has the original motor and it (Vette) has been sitting since 1972. And don't bother to ask if he will sell it. I don't know what the hell he is going to do with it.
    Happy 60, Chevrolet Corvette, America's sports car!
    U.S.A-1

15. GaryC.

GaryC.

I owned two Corvettes. A '63 split window
    which was great and a '72 that wasn't.
    The Corvette that did it for me though was this one.

The X-Sonic

Attached Files:

16. I had to have one. Sorta my "mid life adventure" car. Too new for this board, but it's one hell of a car. I'll keep it til I die.

17. seatex

seatex

I thought Barris invented the Vette:rolleyes:...................... that "Scoopy" model works for me!:eek:

18. .... I guess you had to be there!

I've got a 40th Anniversary '93 that I love ... still yearn for a c-1 and c-2 ... someday.

Attached Files:

19. ronnieroadster

ronnieroadster

Had a 60 Vette with two tops the only Chevy I ever owned when a HEMI Challenger blew in its doors I got rid of it! Replaced it with a Deuce roadster and we are still having fun after all these years. That thing got a HEMI

20. Ol Blue

Ol Blue
    from In

They weren't all "just a pretty face"! This Corvette ran at Bonneville in 55.

[​IMG]

21. qzjrd5

qzjrd5
    from Troy, MI

Always loved Corvettes. Happy 60th birthday to my dream car when I was a kid, right now, and the day I die.

22. The Continental

The Continental
    from Texas

I'd love a 1958, SWC, or GS. For 1958 maybe a windshield with no frame, functional hood louvers, and anything from a 327 fuelie to a 455 Stage 1 would be great along with other mechanically upgrades. For a SWC, 65/66 gills, side pipes, maybe a 67 hood scoop, and of course the upgrades to suspension, brakes, drivetrain, etc.

A C1 into one of the other 50s GM sports car concepts would be quite nice. A Caddy 500 stuffed into a Lasalle II or a Super Wildcat powered Wildcat II would be awesome.

23. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

I really like the front end on The Shark.

24. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Anyone remember the Movie "Deadman's Curve". That movie had some nice Vettes. Found a couple of pics of the actual Stingray that Jan crashed.

Attached Files:

25. goetzcr

goetzcr

26. flamingokid

flamingokid

Still love my Vettes,the older the better.Favorite was my '63 split window,followed by my 81 that got mid 30s Mpg(seriously) and never gave me a problem.

27. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

I remember calling those late 70s, early 80s Vettes "The world's fastest truck".

28. autobilly

autobilly

29. oldthudman

oldthudman

Anyone notice the wheel on this custom Vette are "Chrysler Wire Wheels"?

30. 33 5 window coupe

33 5 window coupe

bad ass car made in a bad ass state,hillbilly's know how to build them,go kentucky