Register now to get rid of these ads!

Swedes on roadtrip, may need voltageregulator or alternator Linc-49 in Phoenix AZ

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tom.Sweden, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Tom.Sweden

Tom.Sweden
    from Sweden

Hi guys, tried to uppdate my old thread but dont know what happend, me and 3 friends from Sweden is out on a roadtrip here and have some voltage problems, so probably we will need to locate a alternator or a voltage regulator for my Lincoln -49 here somewhere in Phoenix AZ, the car is 6 volt, any help would be greatful, thanks guys!

2. Molonewolf

Molonewolf

3. jstanotheidiot

jstanotheidiot

4. if it's 6 volt can we assume it has the stock generator? or has it been converted to an alternator?

5. Mike

Mike

So Cal Speed Shop / Vintage Ford and Chevy Parts in Phoenix may have what you need. Also Gen-Star Electric in Glendale may have the parts, if not, they can certainly repair what you have. They are pretty quick and they are reasonably priced.

So Cal Speed Shop / Vintage Ford and Chevy Parts
    3427 E McDowell Rd.
    Phoenix AZ 85008
    602-275-7990

Gen-Star Electric
    6832 N 63rd Ave.
    Glendale AZ 85301
    623-939-2202

Good Luck.

6. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Phoenix Generator exchange on 16th ave just north of Roosevelt. He'll have it or make something work for ya. What part of town ya in, and how are you fixed for tools and such?

7. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Guys, call me if you need help. I live right down town and work for myself so I can be flexible with help. Phone number is on my sig line...

8. nifty

nifty
    from UK

Brilliant, this is what I love about the HAMB.
    Good luck to you guys in the Lincoln and praise to those answering their call.

9. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

No call... Did you guys get sorted?

10. Tom.Sweden

Tom.Sweden
    from Sweden

Hi guys, as you may understand I only have wifi on our hotel, I went out for a walk this morning and passed NASA auto electric so they rebuilt the generator for us, we Also had some problems with the brakelight so we changed the contact but had bad luck so probably some rust does so the brakes dont release all preasure, we have found a rebuilt kit for it so we hope to be going tomorrow, thank you all for your post, if we will run in to more problems I will try to go to a wifi zone so I can keep updated with posts, thanks guys..your the best!

11. AZbent

AZbent

If your are inthe Chandler / Gilbert area, chandler auto truck electric is very good. More importantly, they are more than fair. I will recommend them anytime.
    Mark

12. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Not sure where you are in town, but if your needing tools or help let me know.

Chip Quinn 602 881 0175

13. Tom.Sweden

Tom.Sweden
    from Sweden

Thanks guys, we are in glendale actually, Ill give you a call tomorrow if we will need anything, hope we are ready to go tomorrow at lunch, Thank you for your help!