Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wedding Charge

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Merc40, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Merc40

Merc40

Hello Gang,

How much do I charge for my services for using my Classic car and myself for a wedding? Thanks for ya'll help.

2. Moon Rocket

Moon Rocket
    BANNED
    from GA

Personally I wouldn’t charge anything unless there is some substantial cost involved. I would consider it a compliment to be asked to participate.

3. what are you doing? shuttling people, parking and the drive off at the end?
    $200 seems fair for parking and the drive off depending on distance. if you are shuttling I would ask $50-100 and hour depending on usage.

4. we used our 56 f100 for parking and drive off at the end and we did it for free. seemed people liked the truck more than the wedding!:)

My buddy drives a bug Cadillac limo and his prices are close to what I mentioned before.

He did my wedding for gas cost only.

5. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

Agreed^^^^are they going to let you stay for the reception and eat some good food and dance with Hot single bridesmaids??......If so you should pay them.

6. 1931modela

1931modela
    from montana

I did it for free. The guy was a veteran tho

7. Unless you are being contracted out for your services to someone you don't know, free

8. millersgarage

millersgarage

Do it for a few great photographs of it with the happy couple.

9. I'm thinking that there might be some issues with business license, etc. if you're charging a fee. I've never used my truck or my '55 Ford for a wedding, but on a related note, I am a Baptist minister, and I have never charged a fee for performing a wedding or conducting a funeral. If the family or couple wants to give me an honorarium, they do, and most treat me right.

10. Smokey2

Smokey2

If They ask????
    Tell them, "Whatever You would like, It
    will be appreciated, Thanks."

(I drove a Limo for a few years, and generally felt like persons were more
    generous when they did'nt have a set fee. )

Have Fun, and Yes, the Food is generally very GOOD>

11. 52 csb

52 csb

Ditto Moon Rocket, my buddy let me use his 54 Caddy for mine, and he stayed for the reception ..:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

12. If you charge you better have a chaufer's license and insurance covering you ride for commercial use.

13. If it's your wedding charge her all you can now because you won't have any money for yourself after the wedding:eek:

14. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Absolutely correct !! Get in an accident and you could easily wind up losing your a$$ !

15. I've done it and will never do it again,,

I had a great car for weddings,,

[​IMG]

First time I did it for free,,a old friends daughters wedding,,I ask the people not to throw bird seed in the car with the bride & groom,,I cleaned and vacuumed for weeks,,,and was promised a photo,,never received it and I had to wait in the parking lot in a suit waiting for the photographer to finish the sanctuary photos,,I stood outside for almost an hour,,,98 degrees.:mad:

I never received so much as a thank you after it was over.

Second time was my daughter,,I won't even begin to tell you how much that cost!

Third and final time I was ask to take a couple from the church to the party that followed,,the lady offered me $200 bucks to do this.

She worried me to death and called me a month before the wedding and said she had dropped the check in the mail.

2 days before the wedding I went out to the shop and cranked the car and noticed the battery was dead,,,I jumped the car off,,I washed the car and drove it around the block,,,the next day the battery was dead again,,I noticed the alternator wasn't charging.

Drive to Greer to Southern Rods to get a replacement,,drove home and installed it,,drove it and everything was fine.

Day of the wedding I waxed the black paint to a shine that would blind you in the sun,,,scrubbed the white walls and they were so with it would embarrass any dentist,,she was ready for the 6:00PM wedding.

About 5:00 PM it started raining,,,well not raining but pouring,,I eased out of the garage drove the 20 miles and arrived right at the prescribed time to the church and I was the only one there!:eek:

I went in to make sure I was at the right church and the janitor was cleaning up,,I inquired about the wedding and he said they had called him and said that he could come and tidy up.:eek:

I didn't have a cell phone or the lady's number with me so I just turned around a went home.

When I arrived home the woman had called my wife and wanted to know why I didn't show up,,she told here the wedded time was wrong on the invitations and it was 4:00 PM,,but nobody called me to let me know of the change.

I called the woman and all she could do was bitch and moan,,I said look lady,,I'm sending you your uncashed check back and thanked her for a valuable lesson she had taught me.:mad::mad: HRP

16. 19Fordy

19Fordy

Your insurance policy will not cover you if have an accident anwhile you were using your vehicle as a people transport vehicle for money.

17. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Beware the Princess Bride" !

18. Bad Eye Bill

Bad Eye Bill
    from NB Canada

I've driven the bride to and the newlyweds away for three weddings with no charge just eats and drinks at the reception, all three ended in divorces, maybe I'm bad luck, won't do it again.

19. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

I would do it for free if I knew them ... Make there wedding something they always wanted ! If they burn that bridge then its a lesson to learn but if someone asked me to ride in the rumble seat of my coupe ... I would gladly say yes and would love to help the newly weds out. I had to by a car for my wedding cause no one would do it... And that was a major disappointment .. That's not the nature of a hot rod community . Just my opinion

Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
  20. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

I did it ONCE for a friend..............NEVER AGAIN all the above and I found out later that my insurance would have been null and void had there been a claim against me! and they were divorced 6 months later!
    KK

21. k9racer

k9racer

I did it one time.. If you do ask for a refundable damage/ clean up deposit.. I left to go relive myself and the car had cans / shoes tied to the tail pipe hangers and shoe polish writing on the paint... All this happened in less than 5 min. The dumb ass that did the damage said sorry in a smart ass way and informed me that he would not pay for the damage. Lesson I payed for and lesson I learned.. May be again if I liked the people involved But I doubt it.. Just to add some vandal did some damage to his car and yard almost 1 year later.. I was at the races that night over one thousand people saw me.

22. Friend of mine uses his 57 ragtop often for weddings. He asked them to send a donation to his favorite charity a child's home in La.

23. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

If it was for a close friend or relative I would do it for free, but for a stranger there probably isn't enough money to make me do it. Wedding days usually turn into Bridezilla vs everybody else in the world, and I don't want to be on the receiving end of any of that grief. :eek:

Don

24. alsancle

alsancle

+1. It is not worth the hassle. If it is a friend or family do it for free but if you are "charging" that brings along all kinds of legal entanglements.