Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help me pick a Logo - Restoration & Custom shop

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chrome_fins, Mar 27, 2013.

?

which logo design do you like best

Poll closed Apr 1, 2013.
  1. #1. Lead Sled

12.1%
  2. #2. Chopped Merc

7.5%
  3. #3. Model A

10.3%
  4. #4. Tail Dragger Coupe

70.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. chrome_fins

chrome_fins
    from Tulsa, Ok

Hey guys. I wanted to take a poll of my peers. Help pick out a new logo for the restoration and custom shop. About the business, to give you perspective: Restorations and Customization are all that we do. We work in any style (Kustom, OEM, hot rods and street rods, etc), any genre, and any vehicle 1920s-1970s..those who are saying my name doesnt mention "the work that i do"...this profile wasnt created for ghe shop, this has been my handle for many years. The business name will read something along the lines of chrome fins restoration and customs

EDIT: I was asking for opinions on the 4 rough sketches below but the concensus seems to be that with the shop name, a finned car would be the preferred design. I put a second group of sketches on page 2 with some 50s cars. Let me know what you think. Thanks for your input guys!

I am preparing logo designs for business cards and t-shirts, and signage. These are copywrited original sketches, one of which will be refined into a final logo design. I'll probably let the post go for a couple of days to get a good sample. Thanks in advance for your time, Guys.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 28, 2013
  2. pride63

pride63

Last one is the bollox , its a must have

3. birdman42

birdman42

Your name is Chrome Fins,how about something with fins?

4. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

Yea with your name I would go more like a 59 caddy look, like a 2 door H/T that is sitting low with skirts...Just a thought...Jim

5. young'n'poor

young'n'poor
    from Anoka. MN

Number four is the coolest looking design to me. Simple and classy. If your are just doing restorations why put a custom car on the sign though? Why not just a simple profile shot of a classic era car or something?

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

6. chrome_fins

chrome_fins
    from Tulsa, Ok

definitely considering that too. I will probably have to poll a second time after this one narrows down this field

7. MikeRose

MikeRose
    from Yuma, AZ

I like them, but that was my first thought too.

8. BenW455

BenW455

I voted for #4 it appeals to me JMO.

9. chrome_fins

chrome_fins
    from Tulsa, Ok

Thanks for the suggestions. we do customization too. not just OEM restos

10. #4 is best, maybe if the A was a different angle it would be better. I think a caddy is needed with your name

11. I definitely agree with the majority here.
    A chrome fins logo needs a car with "fins"!
    So my vote is "none of the above".
    Although I do like the designs, especially #4.

12. bill s preston esq

bill s preston esq

i agree with others....with your name, the logo HAS to have a finned car.

13. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

I like the fourth car the most but the third logo.

14. I agree with the rest. I like number 4 the best but it makes no sense given your shop name.

15. Black Panther

Black Panther
    from SoCal

I also like the fourth rendition.....lets see group 2

16. foolthrottle

foolthrottle

why not use them all? that is, a few bussiness cards with each design, same with t-shirts, they're all good.

17. Rat.Racer

Rat.Racer
    from Maryland

I'm a fan of the Model A, but....I just like Model A's so I'm biased.

18. chrome_fins

chrome_fins
    from Tulsa, Ok

I will have to post group 2 this evening from home. I think from the opinions so far, group 2 will be more popular. Is there a way to remove or alter the POLL portion of the thread when i get the second group on here?

19. SouthUrn

SouthUrn
    BANNED
    from US

Put me down for #1, which has more dynamic flow than #4. Line cleanness lends itself nicely to transferring into a neon sign for example. Also liked for lack of detail as you're better offer conjuring emotions of what your shop is about than being tied any one particular car. As we read left to right in this culture, flowing forward also has the semantics of progress. Reversing #4 wouldn't quite have the same effect as the vehicle tapers away.

Can you tell my degree is in graphic design? ;)

Looking forward to seeing second batch of ideas.

20. chrome_fins

chrome_fins
    from Tulsa, Ok

I can tell SouthUrn, :) i had leaned towards #1 also, but dont want to go just on my opinion. Tried reversing the #4 car and it just didnt look good reversed. I think group 2 will be better, i'll get them on here this evening.

21. 2935ford

2935ford

Where are the fins?

22. What I would do...A "in perspective" view of two fins in the air off of whatever late 50's car; Caddy, Fury etc. and the company name. Done.

23. mow too much

mow too much

I like the design of number 1 also.

24. If you need help many of us enjoy photoshop and could help a fellow brother out if needed

25. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Let me ask you WHY you've named your shop "Chrome Fins"...???

That, to me, limits what you guys work on...If I were driving down the street and saw a shop named "Chrome Fins"...the first thing I'd do is to look and see what kind of finned fifties cars you had sitting on the lot...there is no connotation in that name that you actually do work on cars...or other cars. Understand what I'm saying...???

Having said that, not one of the above logos works...and as a professional graphic artist for over 40 years, you should go back to the drawing board.

R-

PS, here's a logo I did quite a few years ago...guess what kind of business he's in...
    [​IMG]

26. fleet-master

fleet-master

all the logos look good to me but your business name is going to lean things more towards 50s cars than hotrods or customs

just my .02

27. chrome_fins

chrome_fins
    from Tulsa, Ok

ok, so, here's the second group.. now, understand...these are ROUGH sketches, some that i have put some actual time into, and a couple that were literally, 2 minute sketches just now. i did not have them even as cleaned up as the ones in the first group. I didnt have them set against the type face either, but, after seeing which, if any of these gets a decent reaction, i will do some more tweaking on the more popular options.
    if none of these seem to strike your fancy, i'll sketch up some more. Just looking for opinions, guys.
    thanks again.
    Brandon

Attached Files:

28. I partially disagree with the name. Gas monkey garage does not sell gas, monkeys, or garages. Chrome Fins would lead me to believe its a chrome shop not a body shop.

I like the rear view of the caddy

29. chrome_fins

chrome_fins
    from Tulsa, Ok

Several people have said this, but, chrome fins, as my handle, was never created to promote the shop. Thhat's just been my handle for years. The shop title will read chrome fins restoration. Or chrome fins restoration and customs...something like that... unless you guys wanwant to suggest other shop names... :)

30. blue68deville

blue68deville

Number 6, or the 60 caddy if some of the detail is removed to make it more of an outline drawing