Register now to get rid of these ads!

Willys Aero, who has one?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by PhilJohnson, Dec 20, 2009.

1. mimfabmax

mimfabmax
    from central CA

I will try to find it........ Could take a bit as I am re-organizing .... in other words, if I don't clean up the mess of literature I have, the misses is gonna throw a lit match in! But will look for sure!

2. Careca

Careca
    from Brazil

3. willysfan

willysfan

I built this 52 Aero Lark pro street car many years ago. It was awarded best post war Willys at the Gateway Gasser Gathering in 1999.

Attached Files:

4. sanddunes14

sanddunes14

I just picked this 52 willy's Aero up down in Oregon in a Barn.
    Now its here in Olympia Wa.
    Would love to find a buyer that would like to have are company
    restore it or they could do it themselves.

Kevin (360)352-1901

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
  5. henry's57bbwagon

henry's57bbwagon

I took these while around Palm Beach last year.

Attached Files:

• 072.jpg
      072.jpg
      File size:
      410.4 KB
      Views:
    • 070.jpg
      070.jpg
      File size:
      344.9 KB
      Views:
  6. bill s preston esq

bill s preston esq

7. plumfat40

plumfat40
    from colorado

My dad built that car in Colorado 15 years ago... Looks great

8. simihacker

simihacker

Here is one in Simi Valley CA

sorry cant upload after many tries

I suck at this posting crap

9. BrandonF

BrandonF

Here's a 18,000 mile original. Cool threads and cool cars.

Attached Files:

10. hemifalcon

hemifalcon

These are cool "small" cars... Much like the Hudson Jet's... They're unique and have a great style taken from the big cars of the era..

11. VintageAutoSalvage

VintageAutoSalvage
    from Manitoba

I have one, 1952 Willys Aero Lark? 2dr post, factory black...for sale ...looking for a grand on it...will try to post pics....this car really wants to be a gasser!!!...located in Manitoba, canada

Attached Files:

12. mensor

mensor
    from Alabama

I have a 1954 Willys Aerolark with minimal surface rust that I am looking to get rid of if you know anyone that is intrested. I have even collected some new old stock parts. Car is sitting in all original condition and runs.

13. codeblu

codeblu

Can we get a double shot of "Intro Police" over here?

14. Barsteel

Barsteel
    from Monroe, CT

Just found out about them a few months ago...Don't have one...but want one...

Chris

15. skyshark_442

skyshark_442
    from illinois

i got one mine is a 52 aero eagle
    will post pics later

16. el70gato

el70gato
    from wixom mi

Here's 2 that a friend has

Attached Files:

17. Scarebird

Scarebird
    Alliance Vendor
    from ABQ, USA

some guy conned us into making a conversion for the Aero; fits the 4 lug wheel too.

18. TinShed

TinShed

I am in the market for a clean original paint Aero if anybody sees one for sale feel free to pm me.

Tim

19. udallcustombikes

udallcustombikes

I am picking up this '53 Aero Falcon later this week. All original, all the trim appears to be there, 74,000 miles. Still running and driving and it has a few spots of rust but not nearly as bad as some. I have been want a rat for a while and this will do nicely. Plan is to lower about 4" on all 4 corners and drive it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Sqeaky Hinge

Sqeaky Hinge

Here is a '51 that I had a while back , the body was grafted onto a Dodge Neon chassis , and had all the factory A/C , am/fm/cd player , even the dash from the neon , handled great , 37 mpg and real easy to maintain , and looked good to , this is when I was laying the flames on the 2 tone green primer...

Attached Files:

21. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Here's one for sale in Denver: 1952 Willys Aero two door, '76 Buick V6, Hydramatic 200 automatic, Saturn buckets, decent body in flat black, have all trim, bumpers, etc. rides/drives...

R-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. aero-eagle

aero-eagle

hello mensor, where are u located, im in ohio, and what are you wanting for it, thanks, aero-eagle

23. Gman0046

Gman0046

Wills Aero's are way cool and make a great looking rod. Theres a red tudor that appears to be a stocker that just rolled out of a show room in Panama City Beach, Florida that I see often. It would make a great start for a project. The next time I see it, I'm going to try and see if its for sale.

Gary

24. Ron Mang

Ron Mang

I am rebuilding a 1953 Willys Aero Eagle (2-dr hdtp). Just needs upholstery now. Has been a huge project since nothing is off-the-shelf. Has Mustang II type front suspension, Lincoln Versailles rear end (Ford 9" w/discs), GM V6 Vortec engine, 4L60E automatic over-drive transmission, coil-over shocks on all corners and Halibrand wheels. Since it is very rare I've kept the body very original looking with the exception of being lowered. e-Bay has been a great source for parts for me as I've purchased parts for it from Brazil, Norway and Isreal. I purchased the car in Nebraska from a lady owner of nearly 45 years. Was in remarkable shape for having sat out (in a fence-row) for several years. I'm rolling it out of the garage for the first time tomorrow. It's lite-up time! Will post pics when available.

Bigcheese327 likes this.
  25. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Wow! Can't wait to see that!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

26. Tony777

Tony777

Hey guys! Also only found this thread now, I too have a willys Aero project going. Got a 55 fourdoor full option model, 3 on the tree manual with the f-head 6. I plan to get rid of the f-head and box, and put a 4.0l 1uzfe-vvt Lexus V8 with 6speed auto in it's place. Will also Swop out rear axle for something a little stronger and with longer legs. Front suspension will be custom scratch built with big brakes and coilovers most probably. Will post pics of progress as it goes on!

27. town sedan

town sedan

Question for you guys with Aero's: Almost everyone I've seen for sale has had busted tail lights and or broken windshields/back glass. Is there a source for things like this, or do you just have to search and hopefully get luck?
    -Dave

28. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Here's a hardtop local...late model engine and tranny but the rest is all Willys. Shot this at NSRA Pueblo show...
    R-

IMG_1805.JPG

29. There was a '53 four door with lots of rust-through issues, but running, for $4,000 at the Lawrence, Ks. swap meet May 1. I would have thought about it if the going price was half that.
    When I was 15, I overhauled the F-head 161 cu in in our '53 Aero Ace. Had hoped that it would become my car when I turned 16, but Mom vetoed that. Dad sold it before I turned 16. They needed the money.

Attached Files:

30. billmac

billmac

herm Peterson of drag race fame has this little gem in Belfair wa. its almost a daily driver for him 391 hemi with blower willys 007.JPG willys 006.JPG

41 GMC K-18 and blue57ford like this.