Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hello from Washington State

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by PNW 40 Gasser, Mar 26, 2013.

1. PNW 40 Gasser

PNW 40 Gasser
    from Auburn,WA

Hello from Auburn, Washington. I stumbled across this site while trying to find information about Drag Racing in the Pacific Northwest in the 50',60's, and 70's and looking for some info on a few specific cars.
    I graduated high school in 1988 driving a 40 Chevy Coupe with a 383 small block that my dad, uncle, best friend and I swapped from stock.
    Currently I have a 40 Chevy Coupe waiting for a total restore as I sold my first one when I left for college.
    I really loved reading all the information posted from people about this area. Growing up one of my favorite thingswas to look at dads old magazines and Butch Thuey's 55.
    I briefly owned a 1951 Chevy gasser that was traced back to ballard and a picture on the hall in Bardahl's. When I bought it, It was painted red, white, and blue with stars. It also had ArtBrass Plating and Mr Sudsy painted on the trunk. I do not remember the owners name, but I did contact him and he brought a photo album including pics from an Auto Rama show in Seattle. It was beautiful and had deteriorated baaad. It was bad enough to bring a tear to his eye.
    I also remember a yellow 37 Coupe with aone piece front end named Tweety Bird and a 38 Chevy Coupe that was street driven, but the body lifted like a funny car.

2. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

Welcome from Oregon!

3. hotrod--willys

hotrod--willys

Welcome from Gig Harbor, Wash hotrod--willys

4. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

I have pictures of that 51 in a indoor show in Olympia around 72

5. PNW 40 Gasser

PNW 40 Gasser
    from Auburn,WA

DUDE, That is awesome! Could I get you to post any of the pics you have? I have lost anything I had in some moves and who knows It may come back to me some day.

6. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

Welcome from Edmonds. Let's see some pics of your ride... and HEY DUDE, let's see that pic of the stars & stripes '51.

7. chevy54man

chevy54man
    from NC

Welcome from NC and best to you and yours~

8. cesarbee440

cesarbee440
    from Auburn,WA

Hey.we're neighbors! I'm also from Auburn and I have an auto body shop in Seattle.
    This is a really nice site with tons of information so maybe once my buddy and I get rolling. we can also start working on his 1954 pick up truck,...been sitting so long forgot if it's a Chev or GMC! Bought it for $500 and someone stole the vin tags while it was sitting outside.
    Met a member that lives in Bonney Lake with a 1950 Studebaker bulletnose.... buddy and I have a 1951 bulletnose pro street car.

Welcome aboard!

9. cesarbee440

cesarbee440
    from Auburn,WA

My old boss brought in a 1967 Buick Riviera to have painted and mentioned he has a pair of old 16x10 Halibrand magnesium wheels with M&H Racemasters and 15x4 or 5" 12 spoke spindle mount magnesium wheels that were on a 1941 Studebaker. Only problem is,he knows they can fetch good money! He wants to sell it but he doesn't use a computer,smart hands-on guy though! Good Boilermaker and crane operator!

His 1941 Studebaker is rough and has a '63 Buick frame but I've seen rougher cars people still restore on here!...again,I have to get pictures!

Know anyone that would be interested?He said no curb rash! He's trying to get pictures sent from his nephews smartphone when he comes over!

10. PNW, welcome from Kansas City

11. fordman1

fordman1

Welcome from Portland!

12. Welcome from Lummi Island Wa.

13. flagmanmike

flagmanmike
    from washington

Welcome from FlagmanMike in Ford Wash, I'm a newbie too, just tryin' to get the hang of this site! Sure does seem friendly enough around here!

14. cjp69

cjp69
    from Kent, WA

welcome from Kent WA!

15. cesarbee440

cesarbee440
    from Auburn,WA

welcome also! yeah,just wait awhile! lol.... some of the posts are pretty agressive sometimes!

16. Welcome from Texas.
    I also graduated from high school in 1988. I had a 55 chevy Belair hard top back then but was more into lifted 4x4's so I sold it...cheap. Still kick myself everytime I see one...:rolleyes:

17. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

welcome from mo.

18. modelamotorhead

modelamotorhead

Welcome from the dry side, enjoy the site.