Register now to get rid of these ads!

addict trying to recover

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by littlehankster, Mar 24, 2013.

1. littlehankster

littlehankster
    from Niota, TN

*going around room* oooo my turn.... Hello my name is Hank. I am a hot rod addict. I have not been clean for a long time. *Room (hopefully) welcomes Hank..... :eek: I hope by coming to this room i can receive some help from others who share this addiction. As of yet, I have not been able to kick this habit. Please remember me in your prayers that i may find the Will & inter strength to someday shed this disease.

2. robber

robber

If you have the addiction, enjoy the affliction! Why change? ...robber

3. littlehankster

littlehankster
    from Niota, TN

it a constant drain on the wallet, Robber. :D

4. if your looking for a cure your in the wrong place we'll just show you how to keep gettin deeper and deeper welcome from swohio

5. littlehankster

littlehankster
    from Niota, TN

6. Welcome from CT! No cure here.

7. welcome Hank, no cure here only contributions to the cause. What project(s) are you working on?

8. littlehankster

littlehankster
    from Niota, TN

Thanks for the welcome guys. Let me give ya a little back ground on myself. I've have been machining and welding for 27 years, 24 of those years have been small job shops. So my life has revolved around building stuff. Lets fast forward a bit. Had my own shop for 9 years. Was tied into automotive heavily building assembly equipment to put interior parts together. So long story short, we all know what happened to the automotive guys couple years ago. Yea yea sad story.... So ended up shutting down shop 2010 and started traveling and machining for the power plant construction world. So all my equipment is at home, lonely all by itself sitting in a dark shed. sniff sniff.... So finally got on a longer term job (aka nuke plant) and decide buy me a new project, because in my eyes.... i have been a good boy. So bought me a 1958 chevy step van. So decide to join this forum in hopes of tapping into some peoples heads that are much sharper then mine.. Enough of my rambling, if any of you guys need answers or help with welding or machining, feel free to hit me up....
    Once again thanks for taking a minute out of your time to stop by and give me a welcome..:D

9. littlehankster

littlehankster
    from Niota, TN

O.k guys here is new project. Been working with wood for last 2 years because of the length of the jobs I have been on (1year or less). So finally happy to have some metal to work with. Big, fat and ugly... just like I like them :D. And the best part about it was all the free sh!t inside I got with it. Plans are V8, semi wheels, air bags, and plain old mean and nasty looks, so when the little children see it coming down the road they start running for the house screamin for momma. lol

Attached Files:

10. welcome, crazy ass plans for a crazy ass van!

11. KRB52

KRB52
    from Conneticut

I heard the cure for the addiction was a Prius. Welcome. I used to work security at a nuke plant. Be careful using spent fuel pellets for patches. The NRC sorta frowns on that for some reason.

12. littlehankster

littlehankster
    from Niota, TN

KRB52 that is some funny sh!t. You are well aware of my pains and agony.

13. Yes, that is a PROJECT van...good luck with that (I have seen worse though). Plenty of pics to encourage others is always helpful.

14. DERPR30

DERPR30
    from HARVEY LA

Good luck on your project looks like fun

15. modelamotorhead

modelamotorhead

Welcome, you fit right in man....but you ain't gonna kick the habit I'm sorry to say..

16. A.D.D.

A.D.D.
    from PacNW

My turn......

Hi, my handle is A.D.D. and I'm an ALCOHOLIC.... oh, wait........

Wrong group?

17. Brick

Brick
    from So Cal 805

I Drive a Prius, and I am nowhere near recovery, I put a Hot Rod sticker on it and started converting it to a ... who am I fooling its a PRIUS!

Attached Files:

18. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

Welcome from Alaska ....

19. EliteS&C

EliteS&C

Welcome from KC, KS. Unfortunately I think you've come to the wrong place for a cure to your addiction! We're all addicts here! Lol! That van is CrAzY!! Enjoy all of the great info on this website & good luck on your project.

20. upspirate

upspirate

Paint it brown and....oh never mind!!!1Welcome!!!

Attached Files:

• ups.jpg
      ups.jpg
      File size:
      23.6 KB
      Views:
  21. plymouth52

plymouth52

holy shit that van is bad ass