Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage Style Thrush glasspacks? Is there a place to get them?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GarageKustomsMagazine, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Has thrush gone completely brain dead and stopped making the old round purple glasspack? Have they started making the modern rounded end glasspacks like cherry bomb? I seen vintage ones online for $500 a set with the decals and original box. I just want to buy them new.

1shot

2. I haven't used Thrush mufflers since the 60's and I believe Cherry Bombs are making something similar. HRP

3. kwoodyh

kwoodyh

Looks like you're out of luck for new?

4. Why oh why would originals cost 500.00 ?
    If you could still get them, they'd be reasonably priced right ?
    There's lots of interweb static about the originals note vs the newer versions

There's a pair for sale in the classifieds here

5. milner3268

milner3268
    from buffalo NY

I get this question asked all the time as I do kustom exhaust. I used the orig. thrush for years still have a few sets for my personal use . HOWEVER I had a customer that loved the way my kustoms sound and I spoke with cherrybomb [member here] and bought a set of their OL SKOOL mufflers . They look just like the orig. thrush but heavier steel and I think powder coated . Anyways I built the system using them and they sound JUST LIKE THE ORIG. THRUSH .Be prepared they RRRAAAAPPPPPPPP!!!!!!. They cost around $30.00 each depending where you get them from . Summit and jegs carry them . Darryl [The Big Stahu] Lost Kustoms cc Buffalo NY

6. Thankyou milner, finally a good answer. I'll look that up.

1shot