Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Billetproof florida today

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Country Gent, Mar 22, 2013.

1. BZNSRAT

BZNSRAT

There was a nice, original 47 coupe for sale at a very fair price...anybody grab-it-up?? I'm about a year away, but that will make somebody a neat little ride.

2. Wish I could have been there, gearing up for the show season. If this indiana weather would ever straiten the hell out.

1shot

3. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake
    from Jax, FL

It was a great time! I hit rain going down, got wet again when I got there, then survived 50 plus miles of thunderstorms, wind and rain of biblical scale driving back to Jacksonville. I had a few nearly desasterous hydroplaning issues but the old Chevy II stayed straight.

4. Oh my God! after 6 years, somebody took a pic of my car on purpose!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
  5. upspirate

upspirate

I enjoyed meeting all that I did...even if I don't remember your names!!!

Also those from the Ford Barn that met for lunch Sunday at Lake Tarpon....Thanks Denise!

6. SIC98

SIC98

Man, Mike (4T64rd), you did an awesome job on the awards for Dallas's wagon and Scooter's Travelall, simply cool! It was great to meet so many HAMBers and thank you Denise for setting up the meet and greet, it was great to meet you! Thanks Alan for yet another great show, see ya at the Drags! Brian

Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
  7. GREAT weekend!
    The threat of rain only kept the whiners at home. We cruised down from North of ATL with 5(shoulda been 7) rides and had an awesome time! The radar was wrong on Sunday too...only 1 downpour and a few showers all the way home.
    See ya next year!

7am Friday rollout from Summit Racing. That's Tony's "Best Real Mill" award winner on the right.
    [​IMG]

8. Imagine that, guys driving real hot rods 400 miles in the rain. Now I've heard everything.

Hell yeah boys, you make me proud. Congrats to Dog Patch for the dust collector.

9. That was a real good show. The quality is up for sure. Amazing rides there. We did 2 big impossible things - Carl drove with cheater slicks in the major pouring rain - didn't die :eek: - who knew? I drove 1000 miles with a lot of rain in a bare metal car - no rust! :rolleyes: WD40 does what it says. Drove in last night and parked and still no rust spots. Shame on us!

Thanks a ton to the Swamp Kings and Big Daddy for putting on an awesome show. Met a lot of cool HAMB'rs and 'bonded' with Denise. (I ain't tellin how) What a weekend!

10. Choptop

Choptop

thanks so much for coming out guys! Sounds like you had a great time... thats the whole idea.

11. RAK

RAK

Here are some of the pics I took, the weather really wasn't a factor until going home on Sunday, we drove through some light rain at first and then a couple of major t-storms near Perry, Fl on the way back to SE Al. I heard someone say there was 700+ cars, seemed more like 3-400 to me.

Attached Files:

12. RAK

RAK

More pics....

13. RAK

RAK

Dunno what happened so here goes again

Attached Files:

14. Choptop

Choptop

it was dead on 300.

we had just over 400 last year... the weather clearly had an effect on turn out.

15. Quantity may have been down but Quality was definitely up! Maybe rats don't like rain? ;)

16. This was about 7am.

[​IMG]

This was about 11pm

[​IMG]

17. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

I'm so kicking myself in the ass for not going. The faux model car box awards are so cool. Thanx for all the pix... Gary

18. Choptop

Choptop

at 7am point I had been out in that for 1.5 hours and was just about to throw in the towel. The Swamp Kings were setting up in the rain and the Billetproof merchandise booth was in about 2inches of standing water. Sigh...

thankfully it all cleared up.

thanks so much for coming out folks!!!

19. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

We put another one in the history books...glad it worked out to be a great day !..Thanks for coming out and enjoying the show''

Rooster

20. Gregg Pellicer

Gregg Pellicer

You know I do. I'm thinkin shoebox.
    Gregg

21. ratster

ratster

great show. i see my roadster getting wet in the hotel parking lot lol

22. Country Gent

Country Gent
    BANNED

Hay Choptop!! Still chompin at the bit to see your photo collection. So far it looks like it was a blast. The old Buick had a MC go out at the last minute. Never got started out of Hudson. Will just have to drool over the photos for another year. Any talk about location for next year??

23. Choptop

Choptop

24. Nitro Breath

Nitro Breath
    BANNED
    from Eugene, OR

25. Country Gent

Country Gent
    BANNED

Hay CHOPTOP, Thanks, Another fine job. Sorry I missed it.