Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects UPDATED my 1959 F100

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 53olds, Feb 24, 2013.

1. sololobo

sololobo

Great lookin truck bro, should be a fun season ahead, enjoy! Thanx for sharing. ~sololobo~

2. Kinda hit a wall trying to figure out what to do for my brakes. Hopefully anythinggm will come over soon and get us goin in the right direction.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  3. smarg

smarg

What stumped y'all on the brakes?

4. We don't have any of the lines and neither I or Gene know how it's supposed to be plumbed.

5. smarg

smarg

Are you going to ugrade to a dual pot master cylinder? For like power brakes?

Tons of threads on here about plumbing brake bias and all kinds of stuff like that keep me posted on what happens. We did the swap on my brother's car, went smoothly.

6. Yeah its a dual pot with no booster. I'll keep you posted.

7. Haven't worked on the truck yet but today Hailee and I spent the day at my buddys shop (Kellison Automotive Restoration) doing final assembly for the 32 deuce frame for Wayne Thom's Model A sedan project. SO here's some pics of the shop and some cool cars in and around it. Thanks to Bob and Brenda Kellison for a awesome day!

Attached Files:

8. Annnnnd more

Attached Files:

9. Heres the finished frame at the car show..

Attached Files:

10. Got my drivers license yesterday. Now I gotta get a job so I can pay insurance, and possibly find a small car//truck

ALSO, anythinggm is gonna help me do brakes this weekend.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2013
  11. Well plans fell threw..no brakes saturday :/

12. So the truck is coming to anythinggms on sunday. Her Uncle needs to work on his own stuff so down the road I go. Stuck in a rut for sure, Might be awhile til next update but stay tuned... :/

Last edited: Apr 7, 2013
  13. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Patience and perseverance Jon, you'll get there no doubt.

14. I went out here tonight by myself and got everything put back together and ready to be trailered over to anythinggms. Saturday I'm going to a model car show and sunday its going to Keeths.

Attached Files:

chryslerfan55 and chriseakin like this.
  15. Here's the truck sitting at Keeths today and pics of my diorama and Gene's diorama of his shop from saturday.

Attached Files:

16. Well this past week Keeth was on the ball and got all the brake lines and fittings and even a driveline that we need to get shortened and get a bastard U-joint for the back. Yesterday we spent the whole day bending the lines and installing them, so now the truck is all plumbed. However we had a leak at the back of the master cylinder so we took it apart and cleaned up the whole thing and tried bleeding it again but theres no resistance in the pedal. Gonna order a new one tomorrow.

Also Keeth let me drive his 40' Plymouth coupe, 5 speed, straight 6 with straight pipes...OOOhhh Yeah!:D
    And here's a pic of his neighbors white 62 impala, and another neighbors green 62 impala that Keeth helped restore.

Attached Files:

17. A Rodder

A Rodder

Kapow!

Kudos to keeth for helping you and to you to keep on it.

18. FoMoCoMoFo

FoMoCoMoFo
    from WY

Nice work so far. Man I'd luv another old truck. How about some details of the 54 Ford in the first photos?

19. Thanks!
    Thanks, and its Gene's buddies car. 4 door with a modern 351

Also just got word that the master cylinder is not bad, it was how my pedal was setup, the rod needed to be longer and have the bumpstop removed.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2013
  20. Got fully functional brakes tonight!!!

21. A Rodder

A Rodder

22. anythinggm

anythinggm
    from Oregon

Yes you do!, its the most important part of your ride and build. The ability to STOP!
    You did have me slightly stumped for a bit as to why they weren't working. But when I found the pedal ratio was wrong, it was a aw-haw moment. One of the challanges of mix matching ford/mopar parts to work. Fixed that and, boom the brakes bled instantly.
    Now on to the next items on the list. Driveline, fuel line from tank to pump to carb, p/s pump hoses to steering box, coolant hoses, fan belts, trans cooler, wiring, headers, exhaust, and fluids. then it should be GO time!.

23. New shortened and balanced driveline..going in tomorrow among other stuff.

Attached Files:

24. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

So how soon is this truck gonna see its first trial drive? Sounds like its getting pretty close.

25. anythinggm

anythinggm
    from Oregon

Last biggest obstical now is coming up with a exhaust system. Everything else is minor little stuff

26. nxcess

nxcess
    from Mesa, AZ

You should marry that girl, she's a keeper. Girls interested in you projects are hard to find.

27. Already got a ring on her finger! ;)

28. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Smart man; women who like cars and the hobby like we do aren't all that common. I married one, and come to think of it, she may have raced my old '56 F100 more than I did! lol

29. Drivelines in, fenderwells notched out for a-arms, torsion bars raised up to ride height. Tomorrow getting ATF, Antifreeze and what ever junk. Also going to be putting my sandblaster up for sale because I need the cash.

Attached Files:

30. Just pictures..

Attached Files: