Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Towel City Tires-they recapp piecrust slicks

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Von Hartmann, Nov 16, 2007.

1. TheTrailerGuy

TheTrailerGuy

Just got my truck done with a pair of towel city 15" on the back. I was not in love with the grooving on them but they still looked cool. Now i drove it and they are shaking like crazy at this point. I will get it in to my tire guy, remount and rebalance them in a week or so and let you know what i think after that.

2. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

3. EXracer64

EXracer64
    from nj

Which15"? Any pics?

4. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

There are 4 guys including me in my club that run towelcity tires. They look good work good and are reasonably priced.

"MELTDOWN DRAGS"
    July 20, 21 2013 at Byron Dragway Byron Ill.
    www.meltdowndrags.com

Attached Files:

5. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

They're tires hook hard too. Here is the chevelle on the 10X15. My little white nova spit the trans and driveshaft on they're tires.

"MELTDOWN DRAGS"
    www.meltdowndrags.com

Attached Files:

6. EXracer64

EXracer64
    from nj

Where they static balanced?

7. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Spin balanced at a GM dealership. Not load balanced either. These tires have been to 128 mph with no trouble.

"MELTDOWN DRAGS"
    www.meltdowndrags.com

8. EXracer64

EXracer64
    from nj

You have them front and back? If so which?

9. We are the Towel city dealer and have them for sale on ebay...You can purchase them in various sizes on our website at www.kellyshotrodparts.com and save $50.00 per pair..We have sold tons of them and our customers love em..We will be running a pair of the 29.5x10's on our 55 Ford customline drag car at vintage races this summer!!

Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
  10. I would just like to add that towel city is family owned and has been since the 1930's that should tell you something about the quality of their product!! They built their company from the ground up .. We were a dealer for Hurst and I am very disapointed the Cody would bad mouth the competition.. Its not like Hurst has a perfect record it go's with the race tire biz. I always felt bad mouthing you competitors makes you look weak and petty...

Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
  11. sy1356

sy1356

I just ordered a set for my project. Very easy to deal with. Actually showed up a week before they were supposed to. Havent driven them yet but seemed to balance ok.

Attached Files:

12. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

No I have firestone fronts on the new car and I ran BFG silvertowns on the other car.

"MELTDOWN DRAGS"
    www.meltdowndrags.com

13. beebee78

beebee78
    from illinois

The guys at towel city were very easy to deal with, VERY PLEASANT on the phone and the tires arrived a week before they were supposed to and at Byron dragway i seen the Chevelle AWB run a 10.98 on them Im running the 28.5 x 9 on the SourGrape chevy II this year.

14. HOTRODRUBBER

HOTRODRUBBER

Well a Leopard with out his spots is still a Leopard......Looks like Kelly is a little confused.......You were NEVER a Dealer for my product! You resold products to people that you purchased from me. You sir are a SALESMAN! You sell on EBAY. That gives you the ability to comment on running a business? Or to comment on a tread that is years old , to someone you thought you did business with. Kelly get a grip. Arguing with you would only prove one thing....That there are two Morons.....have a nice day buddy.

Cody HOTRODRUBBER Adams
    HURST RACING TIRES

15. Cody you have huge balls to actually lie in print... I was your only dealer (directly from your mouth ) after speedway dumped your product due to problems..And we both know that I am not just an E-bay store..You spit mud everyplace but seems the truth is something you cant except..... Name calling, Im not surprised .. after I switched to another tire company it didnt take long to show your true colors....Dont think that we will be telling any wonderful stories about your product to our customers when they call us about tires. p.s..try using fresher cases the bead wont be rotton....and I didnt start selling Towel City tires because you were a jerk I switched because in my opinion they build a better tire!! check us out at www.kellyshotrodparts.com

Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
  16. HOTRODRUBBER

HOTRODRUBBER

I didnt start selling Towel City tires because you were a jerk I switched because in my opinion they build a better tire!! check us out at www.kellyshotrodparts.com[/QUOTE]

Spoken Like a True Salesman!!! You can take all the rope you want.....And re edit , after re edit you statements , until they are all polished and shined. May your ebay sales reflect your lack of honesty or integrity....
    The only thing that matters to you is your bottom line.

Word Out!

Cody

17. rockfish

rockfish

The reason I won't buy Hurst slicks isn't because of the product. It's because of the classless posts of the company owner. I know if I ever had an issue I would not want to deal with the owner based on the tone of his posts on this forum. As others have stated, criticizing your competition and former dealers is unprofessional. Let your product do the talking and act maturely. That's just business advice and not meant as an attack.

18. X2!! thats all I said ... What was posted by Cody was really off the deep end.....

19. ukwildcat

ukwildcat

Many people in Kentucky & Indiana have horror stories about Hurst tires and especially about Cody and his customer service (rather lack of customer service!).

20. CruZer

CruZer

A friend of mine up here just bought pie crust cheater slicks from these guys and he said they were great to deal with and delivered what they promised.

21. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

Subscribed with buttery mouth watering popcorn! I want a set of slicks not a shit match.

22. fordy standard

fordy standard
    from Warren, MI

I bought my slicks from Hurst (Cody). Now they are lying in my back yard and I am out $575. One tire needed 19oz and the other tire needed 20oz of weights to balance and they still weren't right - they vibrated. I called Cody and he said "they don't need that much weight, take the weights off". I told him they had 300 miles on them and he proceeded to tell me "they need more miles, they will get better". How stupid!!!!! Who ever heard of a square tire getting round?! I have yet to find anyone that has ever heard of a BAD tire getting better.

Cody was miserable to deal with - very condescending and belligerent.

I decided to send the tires back to him but they fell apart because of old out-of-date tire casings.

I have been trying to work with Cody and get my money back since last September. Cody won’t stand behind the tires that he sold me.

These tires are useless and I am out my money!

Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
  23. fast30coupe

fast30coupe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Illinois

X3

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

24. Looks like I can just sit on the couch now....and just watch the show...so who's the problem now??

Attached Files:

25. Laydrag bought my bouncing Hursts last week :D full disclosure too. Balanced at least 4 different times and more than 1000 miles on 2 sets of rims. Just the facts. Its part of hot rodding gotta try everything till you find what works for you.

26. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

Towel City; quality product, great to deal with! Just the opposite of our experience with that other tire co. ran by Cody.

27. Candy-Man

Candy-Man

The first set purchased from Cody, were "excellent" !! These tires are on Norwell's Diamond Deuce. The second set we purchased and sold immediately after at at a flea market, bringing the second owners attention to the many patches inside of each tire and terrible buffing on the sidewall of each tire ! Well to make a long story short after a few calls to Cody, we purchased a set of M&H for his future drag car....

I am not slamming anyone here, just stating our experience.

28. Oldskool56

Oldskool56

Ditto here. I was on a time limit to get my truck ready for Cobo Hall. Towel City did a great job of filling my order and getting the tires out on time.

29. 55chieftain

55chieftain

Without trying to sound like a moderator you guys are really getting off track on this thread, start another Hurst tire thread if you want to complain. This is a Towel City thread not Towel City VS. Hurst.

With that being said I was interested in a pair of the 14" front runners, has anyone got their front runners also?

30. 30panel

30panel

Very pleased with Towel City's tire's, bought a set {White Walls} 15" Track Masters and Front Runners. I don't have a problem Recaps and I like their vintage styling.
    Herb was always very help full, were else can you get a set of custom recaps in 4 days.
    I'll be buying more.
    Mike