Register now to get rid of these ads!

CW's HOT ROD MAGAZINE 65th ANNIVERSARY PHOTOS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CW's40TPU, Mar 25, 2013.

1. The show for me was great, lots of neat ol'cars there that I remember from the 40's-50's-60's. They had four building full of some really nice cars. trucks and motorcycles. I spent most of the day in building #4. and that is where these photos were taken......hope ya all enjoy.........cw.

2. Again.........

Attached Files:

3. the DON BLAIR SPRINTER........I don't know the history on this car, maybe someone on here can fill in?

4. Smokey's Ride.......

5. Another very nice 32.

Attached Files:

6. Jon SSS

Jon SSS

It's great seeing old cover cars being shown. When I was a kid all I could dream about was that red '55 Chevy 555 car flying off the line racing another car. Still looks good.

7. This 32 3/w has a neat story, the present owners grandfather bought it new, he drove it for many years as a stocker, when his grandson was old enough to drive grampa gave it to him. The grandson still owns the 3 window and is 80 years young and still very active! I love this 3 window!!!

8. More on the amazing 3/w.
    It still has the original owners manual.

9. This is Frank "IKE" Iacono checking out his beautiful recently restored Dragster, "Ike" also ran a beautiful 34 3/w coupe in the 50's.

10. In the 50's 1/4 Midgets where really big here in So Cal. I remember going out near Disneyland to Viking Trailer Sales to watch the 1/4 Midgets race, some of the kids racing there went to Sprinters & Indy Car racing.

11. CrybabyWalker

CrybabyWalker
    from Colorado

Thanks so much for the great photos!

12. More......
    Once a show winning 40 PU....still cooool BUT it deserves better I think. Hot Rod Magazine 65th Anniversary - Cover Cars 122.jpg Hot Rod Magazine 65th Anniversary - Cover Cars 123.jpg Hot Rod Magazine 65th Anniversary - Cover Cars 130.jpg Hot Rod Magazine 65th Anniversary - Cover Cars 125.jpg Hot Rod Magazine 65th Anniversary - Cover Cars 128.jpg Hot Rod Magazine 65th Anniversary - Cover Cars 127.jpg Hot Rod Magazine 65th Anniversary - Cover Cars 126.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2023
    Stogy likes this.
  13. More after lunch.......I'm hungry!:)

14. Eat and type!!! Come on....

15. ESGEE

ESGEE
    from Sweden

Thanks for sharing, just waiting for more;). Get a chill when i see that great roadster...
    [​IMG]

16. BB...."Eat and type"......THAT'S FUNNY, I'm doing good to just type!!!

17. the Dennis Varni record breaking Tank.

18. the Ak Miller's Hot Rod "Iron Horse" built to race in the 1954 Mexican Road.

Attached Files:

19. Smokey2

Smokey2

Thanks CW..................