Register now to get rid of these ads!

1956 Olds 98 Convert.Anyone need stuff?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rckt98, Sep 23, 2005.

1. Rckt98

Rckt98

Heres the story. I have a 56 98 convert that needs the complete left rear 1/4. After several years of searching & following leads I have finally located one. Thats the good news. I contacted the owner after seeing it advertised. Initially he said he was happy to part it out & sell me the 1/4. He has since changed his mind as he has had alot of replys to the advert. The car is in Terrace, Canada which is on the West Coast but getting up toward Alaska.I have priced shipping the car back to NZ from Vancouver & it just isn't viable.
    The car is very rusty in the floor, sills, door bottoms etc but complete, all running gear is there, front guards look OK. He wants Can$1500 for the complete car. I am happy to pay $500 for the complete back 1/4 and also buy alot of other parts. Is it worth it to anyone to buy the car & part it out?
    I can e mail photos if anyone is interested.
    At the moment I have first option on this & he will hold it until I get back to him.
    It's a real bastard living 1/2 a world away .

2. AKATIREGUY

AKATIREGUY

TRY CHECKIN OUT THESE GUYS. IVE GOT SOME STUFF FOR MY 55 OLDS FROM HIM. PRETTY GOOD STUFF

http://usapartssupply.com/

NOT SURE IF THEY DO BODY PANELS THOUGH, I THINK HE DOES

3. Rckt98

Rckt98

Thanks. Tried them some time ago, but like all the other leads, no luck. The 98 convert is a rare car, they only made something like8500.

4. LZ_69

LZ_69

That's only about 1 1/2 hour from me can you email me the pics/ info

5. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

I might need the power steering column

6. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

I'd buy the stainless side trim!

7. Rckt98

Rckt98

I'm sure there are plenty of guys wanting bits & pieces. What I need is for someone to commit to taking the whole car & the parting out can start from there.

8. Rckt98

Rckt98

Will send an e mail

9. i could use the headlight rings, buckets, and a good portion of the front fender..

tok

10. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

I have a shop in NJ, probably pretty far from where the car is. If you want to doscuss it, PM me. I may be able to help. I dig 55-6 Olds, we could work something out.

11. Rckt98

Rckt98

Thanks. Sent a PM

12. Rckt98

Rckt98

Anyone on the West Coast?

13. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

i may have a buyer for the complete dash with all the chrome and goodies if it's nice. PM me if you work the deal out and if you can get pics let me know.

14. I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area. PM me please.

15. Rckt98

Rckt98

Sent PM. Thanks

16. Rckt98

Rckt98

No deal happening yet. Have sent you a PM

17. eberhama

eberhama

I could use the header off the top bows, if the deal goes down. Also the quarter window regulators.

18. Rckt98

Rckt98

I will keep a note of that if it all happens

19. ljcstreetlightking

ljcstreetlightking
    from nebraska

I'll buy that 98 side trim just let me know- Leo

20. You could probably flip the whole damn thing to someone who'd cut a quarter off a 2dr hardtop and make whatever else he had to, to make it a complete car and build it, 50's ragtops are scarce and guys want them bad enough they'll build cars that have rusted so bad they're broken in two in the middle and can only be rebuilt by cutting up a 2dr hardtop donor and transplanting all the convertible stuff to it.

The only question is, can you buy it for $1500, bring it home, take what you need and flip it for enough to break even... you probably should be able to. I wouldn't sell something like that for less than $2500 - unless it was broken in half in the middle.

21. rrayne

rrayne

hey guys, im not sure whats going on here exactly but i think he was trying to do this almost 5 years ago. i could be wrong.

22. guys this original thread was started in 2005 im sure its all over by now however it turned out

23. ljcstreetlightking

ljcstreetlightking
    from nebraska

We re all waiting on you dude- BUY IT- POST PARTS if its that bad or the whole car You'll get your money back and then some WHAT ARE WAITING FOR!!! I need the side trim give me a price or put on ebay so we can fight over it please..

24. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

C'mon....5 years old...besides, the deal fell through.