Register now to get rid of these ads!

1965 riviera motor swap

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1DWN54, Dec 10, 2009.

1. 390Merc

390Merc
    from Indiana

Did anybody share the finished product of these engine swaps? I'd like to see some underside photos to see oil pan/center link mods that were done.

2. riviera gasser

riviera gasser
    from howell NJ

dont listen to them i did it! and its bad ass if you want to put a smallblock in you will need to use a chevy2 oil pan or a stock pand and cut a grove and re weld then weld 2 bungs and connect with a 1" line for oil flow and what i did was cut the a-frame out and welded a 1piece motor mount in from speedway motors. and use headers from 58-63 impala...

3. skip the swap and sell it to me bro

4. foz

foz
    from WISCONSIN

DO NOT, I REPEAT, NOT, NOT, NOT, put a chevy motor in it! You CAN find a good 401 or 425 and install it AND it will be MUCH easier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
  5. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

Kinda my sentiments, but didn't need to shout LOL :p Those early Rivs are kool, and the nailheads have soul. Putting a boringbellybutton engine in there just focks up another kool car

6. foz

foz
    from WISCONSIN

Sorry all! I know I yelled a bit too much there! BUT ! ! ! ! A Riv DESERVES a nailhead.

My Riv & Wildcat have their original nailheads and thats where they will always reside.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
  7. Jay.S

Jay.S

Does anyone have finished pictures of this swap?

8. I am contemplating an LS1 swap in mine. I'll never open the hood; won't need to. But the oil pan may screw me on this one.

9. Gman0046

Gman0046

Sorry guy's putting a SBC in a Buick is just plain wrong.

Gary

6-bangertim likes this.