Register now to get rid of these ads!

my 62 swb Chevy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by odass, Mar 24, 2013.

1. odass

odass
    from se ok

started to freshen up the shop old shop truck 2 weeks ago. it's a pretty decent truck I've put quit of few miles on. got a roller cam 350 with a 5spd(nv3500) drives sweet. 2.5 drop spindles and let torsion bars out some, wish I could let them out more but the Damn keys drag if I get any lower. swore id never paint this rig , but we'll it happened. looks ok I think . still got to finish painting bumpers and under hood. should finish up tomorrow but ran out of hardner tonight. anyway, it isn't anything way far out there cool , just a cool driver.
    here is what it looked like when I got
    [​IMG]

after a smoky burn out and way it looks lowered
    [​IMG]

all tore down a couple weeks ago
    [​IMG]

tonight
    [​IMG]

2. 65ssnova

65ssnova
    from Tulsa OK

Looks great, I like the color choice.

3. odass

odass
    from se ok

thanks man , it's getting a flat clear , don't want people thinking it's supposed to be a nice truck lol:cool:

4. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

5. CaddyRat

CaddyRat

Looks sharp! love the color choice also.

6. Rick Sis

Rick Sis
    from Tulsa OK

Very cool truck! I do have one small tip so far......I see you are using a new workbench. I have found that these work a little better if you take the parts from the box and assemble them.:D

7. 1941ihkb5

1941ihkb5

Looks good! Love those knee-knocker Chevy's.

8. 46stude

46stude

Nice little truck.

Holee shit, that was frakkin' hilarious. ;)

9. gafridge

gafridge

Looks great,great color choice for those trucks.Do You have the paint code,would like to use it sometime.Thanks and get it back together now.

10. 65PANELRAT

65PANELRAT

Very Nice! Do you still have the 6 hole aluminum slotted mags in the 1st pic? If so are they for sale?

11. odass

odass
    from se ok

lmao thanks for calling me out on that, kinda sound like my wife lol. Nah I've got like 4 other ones that are assembled already, bought those later and have been more worried about the hot rods.

12. odass

odass
    from se ok

its the factory 503 paint code with factory 521 white
    nah I think Scott,okbigred, still has them, I sold to him, but I'm sure they still for sale, everything is

13. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

My brother had one of the torsion bar Chevies, I've always liked them.

14. odass

odass
    from se ok

I still kinda like the slots , just got lucky and got these powdercoated 16" smoothies from jessie james at the swap meet last year

15. odass

odass
    from se ok

can't beat the ride man, wish I could knock about 2 more in from the front and rear tho, anybody know any secrets?

16. 65PANELRAT

65PANELRAT

I think the smoothies look Awesome!

17. odass

odass
    from se ok

should have this rig back on road tomorrow, got to fix a couple bs things so I can make the 8hr drive to Austin can't wait!

18. odass

odass
    from se ok

ready to go

[​IMG]

19. odass

odass
    from se ok

Ok after having my balls busted here, I finally put the Damn work benches together, hopefully I made some around here happy, and my wife lmao;):D

20. odass

odass
    from se ok

Ok if somebody could help me out, I'm sick of these Damn torsion bars. the x frame with the truck sitting so low causes problems with exhaust. I really want to do a frame swap so I can make this thing sit just as low or lower , but I'm not sure what frame would be easiest? what about a 63? my real thought is to build the frame , then after its in one piece put my cab and stuff on there with little down time. Oh main problem with torsion bar is that one is stretched a little more than other and to get the truck level ,I have to let one out more than other and it hangs about 2 in from ground, not good , while the other is as high as frame , so it's good. I'm thinking coils would be nice. any body know what it intells to put on a 63 up frame ? thanks