Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 53 Business Coupe Build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 53chevtrev, Nov 26, 2011.

1. HrdNox

HrdNox
    from utah

Nice work bud.

2. cmarcus

cmarcus

3. 53chevtrev

53chevtrev
    from Langley BC

Thanks everyone, appreciate all the support. Enjoyed working outside on one of the nicest days of the year so far, spring is here and I love it! Decided to make the best of the weather and rolled the car out to finish stripping the paint off the doors. The doors turned out perfect with no major damage underneath the blue. My drivers side rocker is unrepairable, another bit that is full with over 1/4" of body filler. Gonna cut it out and make a new rocker to go in its place. The passenger side rocker is solid and dont think i will need to touch it at all.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Took the front end core support bits to Ublast today and cleaned them all up then hit them with some etching primer.

[​IMG]

Here are my new fenders. One just got back from the blaster and the other Schaefer picked up for me at the puyallup early bird swap meet a while back. Both are in really good shape with no rot and a few small dings to fix, nothing serious, ready to be cut up for the 55 olds head lights.

[​IMG]

Finished off the day with shaving the passenger side door handle.

[​IMG]

This wednesday is our club shop night and its at my house this week. All the Kingsmen will be coming over and we are gonna be throwing in my 350 and getting the front end back on the car so I can start measuring up for inner fenders and head lights.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
  4. schaefer

schaefer

Put the 235 back in!

5. RayMiller

RayMiller

Love the dash, is that a cut down 59'?

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

6. 53chevtrev

53chevtrev
    from Langley BC

Dash is out of a 59 impala.

7. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

Outstanding...:cool:

8. Kingsmen rule !!!!!..........

9. Just keeps on getting better and better.

10. FrankyV8

FrankyV8
    from Holland

Beautifull.... why paint if it looks so good bare metal!
    My favourite by far!!

11. layedout49

layedout49

Wow , every time I see your car , I get more n more motivation to keep wanting to raise the bar for my build . Amazing work brother !!

12. 53chevtrev

53chevtrev
    from Langley BC

Thanks

Kingsmen Vancouver CC rules!!

That's the plan!

I do have a soft spot for bare metal but I know it will look even better with loads of glossy paint and chrome.

Thanks a lot man. I'm glad I'm able to motivate you on your build, that's the great thing about the HAMB!

13. as the old saying goes......."Any-one can restore a car, it takes a real man to cut one up"
    Mate you're doing a damn fine job of cutting this one up, it's just getting better every time I check in. ;)

14. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cool build! I'm loving it.

I just want to know how you are getting good weather while the weather in NC sucks! Heck, December was better than this!

15. hughesy

hughesy

This build is just amazing cant wait for the next installment.

16. 53chevtrev

53chevtrev
    from Langley BC

We are getting awesome spring weather! Forecast for the Easter weekend is even better, up to 18 degrees and sun!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

17. BadLuck

BadLuck

absolutely amazing brutha! Get that thing down to So Cal soon.. we've got some cruisin to do!

18. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

What a beautiful car.

19. 54rat210

54rat210

The car is gonna be sick!

20. Patrick46

Patrick46

gonna be??

.......GONNA BE???????

This car's been sick from the word GO!! :cool:

21. EnfadosoS

EnfadosoS

You get down Bro!!! Keep it up. Your build motivated me to keep going on mine!! Can't wait to see ur ride done!!!

22. 53chevtrev

53chevtrev
    from Langley BC

Got a good chunk of work done last night with my fellow Kingsmen as we got the motor installed and the front end back on the car. More progress to come, Happy Easter long weekend everybody!

[​IMG]

23. 53chevtrev

53chevtrev
    from Langley BC

Thanks dude, can't wait to drive down to cali and cruise with you guys. All in good time!

Thanks a lot patrick!

Thanks everyone!

24. rat nasty

rat nasty

comin along great! keep it up!

25. mrconcdid

mrconcdid
    from Florida

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wow you have been busy, It all looks great. I enjoyed your post so much I went back through it and this caught my eye.

Did you cut the front frame clip off? I see the fish plates on either side behind the front wheels, I'm guessing you Z'ed the frontend. In your earlier post of the M2 going on, the frame isn't cut or plated, but in the later post it has been cut stepped and plated.

It looks good, these frames are pretty flexi stock and I have been considering fish plates on mine just for added strength in the same area. It looks like you reattached the stock front rails or did you fab up the rails and I just cant tell?

I see the step in front of the M2 but not behind it.

Godspeed
    MrC.

26. 53chevtrev

53chevtrev
    from Langley BC

Hey there. You did notice that I have Z'd the frame 2" in the front. I originally did this as at first I was attempting to keep the stock front suspension when first doing the airbag suspension install on the chassis. Once I had decided to use the M2 setup, it was already done and wasn't gonna try and undo the Z. I reused all the frame rail pieces when doing the Z, I just added fishplates to the sides and bottom of the frame rails to reinforce them. Now that I am running the 350, I am glad I went this route.

Trev

27. Damn that's some wild angles on those upper ball joints :)
    All coming together nicely bit by bit.
    I went back to page 1 just to refresh myself with what you've done so far and people wouldn't believe it's the same car now.........blows me away every time I check out new work no matter how small the new work is :cool::cool:

28. BadApple

BadApple

Hi , owning a 53 myself i am watching this with great interest , car looks awesome ,cheers Rob

29. srodriguez

srodriguez
    from dallas

Man thats a cool G ride i have a 52 deluxe imworking on my self .keep posting boss cuz im in the boat trying to change rear end also .i got a 55 chevy rear end at a swap meet friday.should fit without to many changes.Im having the same ? about tranny..

30. 53chevtrev

53chevtrev
    from Langley BC

Started the head light conversion yesterday. Been excited and waiting to tackle these 55 olds head lights as I think they will make the front of the car fit in with the rest of the modifications done already.

Here are the new face rings for the 55 olds bezels.

[​IMG]

Chopped the lower section of the light out as the 55 olds bezel is a lot longer than the factory light.

[​IMG]

This is as far as I got today. Light is mounted and the bottom is done. Just need to roll a piece to fit over the top half of the light next time and this side is done. Other side should be quicker as I know exactly what to do now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]