Register now to get rid of these ads!

who sells gas tanks

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tobyflh, Mar 23, 2013.

1. tobyflh

tobyflh
    from Peru il

looking for a gas tank to put in the bed of my truck i'm building. I would like a round or oval. low budget so no spun alum. not having much luck finding one.

2. WildWilly68

WildWilly68

The Hot Rod Company sells them, check the Alliance Vendors.

3. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

I have a steel air tank 12" dia and 27" long, but shipping from CA might be steep.

Attached Files:

4. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

You can buy inexpensive 11 gal air tanks pretty much anywhere for a decent price and weld in a filler cap.
    Might be a bit small in a truck bed though...
    Although I suppose you could buy two, cut off an end on each and weld them together in the width you want!
    That would even allow you to baffle the wider tank.

5. Speedway..................

6. Just make one. HRP

7. T Achilli

T Achilli
    from walworth

Rock valley auto from Stillman Valley ,IL

8. Mac's sells model T oval tanks

[​IMG]

9. walter

walter

You can order a tank from the Hot Rod Company but chances are you will never recieve it.

10. chaddilac

chaddilac

I've got a couple model T round tanks if you're interested... just pm me!

11. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

I just saw a post on one of the boards I visit, I can't rember where, that a poster said he went to a local metal fab shop and had them build a tank for him. He asked them to build a gas tank and because of liability reasons the shop couldn't build a "gas" tank but they could build a "water" tank to his specifications. The guy drew up a design and the shop built him his "water" tank. If you do have someone built you a tank make sure you incorporate a baffle system in it.

12. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Call Ron at Ron Pope Motorsports. He sells mostly T Bucket sttuff, but he started out selling custom gas tanks. He'll make you one ANY way you want or need according to your specs. Plus, he's a small busines man and will take the time to do it right. I've bought from him and NEVER been disappointed.

http://www.eztbucket.com/

13. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

Spun Aluminum seems to be cheaper than steel. Poly tanks are cheaper if you don't mind the look. Steel tanks are prone to rust, especially with alcohol gasoline.

Probably the cheapest tank would be a beer half barrel. We used them in stock cars until they started requiring fuel cells. Some are aluminum and some are stainless. We got ours for free from our beer distributor sponsor.