Register now to get rid of these ads!

You know you're getting old when...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by blowby, Mar 14, 2013.

1. bill wilson

bill wilson

When you cant p past your shoes

2. BRQ4suzyqkustoms

BRQ4suzyqkustoms

You'se guy's r killin me with laughter! I'm 57 still work full time in mgmt, go to the gym 5 days a week to keep my boyish energy. I'm doing another frame off build on the weekends. I firmly believe in a well lit garage, a creeper with ball bearing wheels, moving blankets for your protection from that cold concrete and the ample use of aleve and icyhot BEFORE going to the garage, SHOP . . . what's a shop? I want one of those! I've got a titanium knee SO I KNOWS cold when i feel it. keep building and racing till you mistake the accelerator for the brake pedal.:D

Chrome Bones Dad

3. when you wake up and your first thought is well I am still breathing

4. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

5. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

Ha ha ha I have been asking for senior discounts since I was 46. My hair turned gray when I was 26 and if the clerk was young enough I got away with it. If the clerk was older she would say "You don't look 65" I would say "I take vitamins!"
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

I got the idea from an ad in the paper, " Lessons in computers and internet, discount for seniors 45 and over" I thought, wow they lowered the discount age, let's get in on that Ha ha ha

6. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Wow, pretty slick! Probably costs as much as a lift. Might come in handy for long nights at the bar though.

I'm finding myself, prior to climbing out from under, taking long breaks just laying there staring at stuff under the car. I suppose that's good in a way.

7. CharlieLed

CharlieLed

Kinda says it all for me...

Attached Files:

8. dan griffin

dan griffin

When I was young 40-S I would see old guys taking a nap in the afternoon
    and I would wonder what their problem was. This getting old is a real
    Bullshit deal.

9. Mark Hinds

Mark Hinds
    from pomona ca

Screw them creepers. Grabed it when trying to get up, it went one way and my chin hit the bumper. I use card board now.

10. The" dude"

The" dude"

Quote "I have about 6 of every tool and don't panic till I am down to the last one"
    I was going to say I have 3 of every thing so I can keep going but I guess I'm not too bad off after all but I have to tell you all these posts are SO true!

11. 57Custom300

57Custom300
    from Arizona

Getting on & off a creeper can be a real adventure. Almost as bad as getting on & off one of those folding chaise loungers. I'm glad my neighbors aren't close enough to witness that. I'd like to have that chair/creeper thing on post 149 but I would probably hurt myself real bad on that.

12. Want a real experience? Try getting off of a waterbed, the old kind that they made before they came out with the waveless type. I found it hard to do when I was 40. I would probably die there trying to get up now.
    :eek:

13. Actually made me laugh out loud. Good one.

14. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

You know you are old when you buy something and think "If I get the good one it will last me the rest of my life".

You know you are REALLY old when you feel like a sport for buying green bananas and a lottery winner when you live long enough to eat them.

15. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

………….. When you bother to open and read a thread about getting old :mad:

16. If I would have had any idea I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself. :rolleyes:

17. Murphy32

Murphy32
    from Minnesota

What was the question?...........

18. When you see a little hottie walking down the street and you find yourself thinking "wonder what her mother looks like?"

19. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I'm getting sleepy, time for a nap. :D

20. jazz1

jazz1

You recount tales to your children about how you walked 5 miles to school in knee deep snow everyday,,UPHILL BOTH WAYS,,,and you say things like Dagnabbit.....and a lid was a measurement

21. Bearing Burner

Bearing Burner
    from W. MA

Your old if you remember when the fat lady and tatooed woman were only in the side show at the circus

22. LOL. Now all you have to do is go to Wally World to see them! :p

23. When that young sweet thing looks at you funny , just say Im young enough to be your lover ,old enough to be your father , and smart enough not to be either one . Just keep your fingers crossed and walk away .

24. BLUDICE

BLUDICE

Ditto

25. Deuces

Deuces

Yeah, I remember what a lid was...:rolleyes:
    It also set me back about 40 bucks...

26. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

And so were fingers.

27. 3 fingers , $10.00 --1967 . Those were the days . Not that I remember?

28. Rexx

Rexx
    from Perth

I love this thread! I'm only 41 but have 3 girls age 5, 3, 1 and I swear I haven't slept in the last 6 years. Somedays the body feels 30 others more like 60...LOL
    I cant wait til I get my rod. Those 10 second street legal days are behind me now, I just want a hotrod that Ican cruise in.

29. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Somebody posted awhile back about the curvature created from glasses. Man I am getting tired of sighting stuff and seeing a curved line that ought to be straight. I don't suppose there's a cure (eye surgery maybe), just thought I'd gripe about it.