Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help ID this Old Floor Starter Button

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NICKEYCHEVY60, Mar 21, 2013.

1. I need help IDing this switch.I have searched & had no luck.It's been around for years & I'd like to get rid of it but it would help if I knew what it was for. Anybody? Thanks

Attached Files:

2. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

I can tell you it ain't Ford or Chevrolet. It looks like it was made for a plywood floor board and not steel but it could easily be used on a hotrod. I used my original 32 Ford floor starter button on my Sport Coupe. Very easy to adapt for an old time look. I think you'll have an easier time selling it to a hotrodder than finding what it came on and then finding an owner of an obsure old car that needed one.

There are crazy people like me that want unusual switches for their hotrods. Much cooler than a universal key start switch. IMHO

3. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

Looks like there are 2 totally different part sthere, The activator is just an add on

4. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

just list it for sale on E-bray as a foot starter for a vintage car - let the Lookie-Lous tell you what it fits. When the right person sees it, it'll sell.

5. Yes,there are always "experts" lurking there to correct your mistakes :p Thank for the replies.Here's a pic of it taken apart

Attached Files:

6. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

Looks like some kind of add-on extension to a basic push-button momentary switch- those type switches got used on many farm, industrial and power unit engines in the old days, IH, Ford, Wisconsin, whatever- I think one of my 8BA's that appears to have been a power unit has one, and my 1947 Clark Truckloader forklift has one for it's itty-bitty Continental engine- if you look closely, you can see the button sticking up out of the cowling between the steering column and seat- and it has the same mounting flange

[​IMG]

7. Thanks.Any help is appreciated

8. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I could have used it a couple months ago when I converted my 37 Chevy p/u back to a foot stomp and would not had to change the starter.

9. Can't tell what it is for but I have a disconnect switch that has the same mounting flange and it is marked Delco Remy about one inch from one of the mounting holes on the face of the flange. Very small, almost missed it.