Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tadd's 53' chevy build thread!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rat nasty, Jan 4, 2013.

1. 4444Design

4444Design

looks like a cool project

keep us updated

2. rat nasty

rat nasty

thnx 4444Design!

glad you like it from so far away man! thats kool!! and yes I will keep ya up to date for sure!

3. 31-5window

31-5window
    from Michigan

lookin good man keep it up.

4. rat nasty

rat nasty

man... Tday was a good day! I went to the Carl Casper Custom Auto show in Louisville,Ky. and figured it would be kinda the same ol' bla show that it usually is and damn was I wrong...I met the great person that has influenced a lot of what we do! what a good person as well he met my family shook all our hands and took pics with me and my 2 daughters! hes a great person! and what a surprise that he was there that made my day!

[​IMG]

5. rat nasty

rat nasty

6. mob53

mob53

That's awesome man! What an honor to meet a legend like Gene. I hope I get to someday.

7. rat nasty

rat nasty

I woulda never thought that I'd ever meet him unless I attended a class, workshop, chop, or something like that!

8. rat nasty

rat nasty

gonna try to do some work on the car this weekend? got a lil free time yesterday after work so I occupied my time wisely with a lil art work! stay tuned!
    [​IMG]

9. sololobo

sololobo

Super cool Chevy chop bro, love the Poncho trim and some great metal work. Tops! ~sololobo~

10. stovebolt-ron

stovebolt-ron
    from bedford,in

wish I was that ambicious to try a chop but alittle to much for this old guy "74", the 54 tail lights will probably push my patients to the limits

11. rat nasty

rat nasty

Thnx sololobo! ron glad I could help ya out! And I know I won't be nuthin but lazy at 74!

12. 1sik38coupe

1sik38coupe
    from Las Vegas

Wow, looking great man! I wanna chop mine like that one day. That's cool about Gene. I got to meet Bill Hines a few years ago at ink n iron in Ca it's so awesome when you can meet legends like that and they are just kool down to Earth kinda guys. Keep the posts coming man, look forward to watching the progress!

13. rat nasty

rat nasty

thnx I appreciate the comp's!

14. rat nasty

rat nasty

got the drivers sail panel roughed in...[​IMG]

15. 31-5window

31-5window
    from Michigan

Looks really good man! You got skills

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

16. rat nasty

rat nasty

31-5window thnx man i wish i had a few hours I could work on it earlier in the day!if i didnt have a day job id be able to kick ass on it!

17. Less talky
    More pictures.

18. rat nasty

rat nasty

you got a point there T.! lol!!! you outta ride over and hang out some time...

19. 50 chevy matt

50 chevy matt
    from UK

awsome workmanship and great chop

20. rat nasty

rat nasty

thnx matt! I appreciate how much time & work goes in a custom now more than ever!

21. killbilly

killbilly

Setting that thing on the ground is a great idea,so much better working height,great job,man,it took some studying to figure out how you wanted to cut it.

22. rat nasty

rat nasty

yup since I'm a shorter guy it does work out better and It did take alot of studying and looking here on the hamb to see what I wanted and more important what I didnt want it to look like! thnx "KILLBILLY"

23. flagmanmike

flagmanmike
    from washington

Looks VERY good, I see were 'buddys in the Longroofs, I'm really pretty green in this forum stuff, but been building cars forever. Have a 63'bel-air 4-door wagon that I thrash on from time to time, hope to have it on the road this summer! All new chassis, 350/350 etc,Lots of pix, but not sure how to get them on here. ANY help you can send my way as to the process of getting pix from my sd card to this site would be Very appreciated.Would like to share some of my builds/get input from all the H.A.M.B.Bones out there. Also looks like a good place to find good homes for some of the parts I've hoarded up over the years? Thanks for sharing your pix-good motivation for the rest of us!!:cool:

24. rat nasty

rat nasty

sorry for the lack of updates but I've been working on other projects and busy at work will post up more pics as soon as I get back to working on the 53' chevy hopefully to be sometime soon! oh! and I did happen to pick up a steel 33' ford 2 door sedan that I'll be gathering parts and pieces for next!

25. LeftCoastCruiser

LeftCoastCruiser
    from So Cal

26. rat nasty

rat nasty

this is were she sits! I just got back off from vacation and I'm ready to get to crackin on the chevy again also plans have changed slightly with the drive train I will be using the 250ci. 6 popper I was givin by a good friend "junkbike" big thanks to him for the 6! I need a couple motor mounts for the six if any body has a set of them please gimme a shout?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 23, 2013
  27. Tad: Chevy looks really good!! Had fun hangin' out Saturday eve. Got a little more done to the cabrio since then. Tim

28. rat nasty

rat nasty

thnx alot Tim it was great meeting you and hangin as well and the cabrio is too cool!

29. rat nasty

rat nasty

getting ready to weld the drivers side sail panel in got it fitted and shaped to match the pass side I'm happy with it...so I'm ready!
    [​IMG]

30. hotrodhomework

hotrodhomework

You have a great shape and flow on that roof.Keep up the great work more pictures please.