Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Memorial Car Show for Bill Papke,PIC'S ADDED!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bad Bob, Jan 30, 2013.

1. SoCal Merc

SoCal Merc
    from SoCal

2. Bill,you would have liked the show......I'll miss you buddy!

3. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Thanks for the great pics

4. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

For years, Bill would always chew me out for showing up late to sell at Pomona with him, I guess I showed up a little late for his memorial, but we would'ent want to break the tradition. Still got to see most the show and a lot of old friends, gonna miss Bill and his wealth of knowledge.

5. I live in the midwest and never met Bill. The way it sounds, I missed meeting a great guy. It sounds like he was a little onery, my kinda person.
    Bad Bob, thanks for sharing the photos.
    Later,
    Dick

6. Hey Bob glad you posted these pics, Bill was a very good & old frierd of the Erickson family and fellow WKC member. Carol & i had planed to take our shop truck but work got in the way and it looks like we missed seeing alot of old friends. This 50 Merc belongs to Eleanor (Mercury moma) a long time friend of my wife.

7. Bob, Bill did own it. My father Ken Erickson bought it for Bill 2 days before he passed. That is Ray & my sister Kelly in these pics.
    Oh Yhea its worth saving and i think Bill will aprove of what my father does with it.

8. cool37

cool37
    from SoCal

A good tribute by some great friends ! Thanks for posting BB !

9. 51 mercules

51 mercules

I think you're right.Bill would of liked the show.RIP Bill!

10. jwcaddy

jwcaddy
    from golden,co.

A great tribute to Bill and looked like a great show. Great pics Bob and wish I lived on the west coast.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

11. billys54

billys54

12. Had a good time but I got there a little late.I still got to see some really nice cars and chat with some good people.It was fun and at a great location,im sure Bill would of loved it.
    Scary drive home though,a minivan went up in flames right next to me while sitting at a light.As soon as the light turned green I felt the heat and the flames were huge.Luckly everyone made it out of the van and I was able to get away quick from the fire.Very scary.......shook me up for a little while.

Great day,thanks for posting pics Bob.

13. I bought stuff a number of times from Bill, he was gruff but patient. I emailed him some pics of my car and he got a kick out of the fact that I had a car like mine back in his home town of Chicago. He never mentioned he was sick.

RIP Bill Papke

14. 1gearhead

1gearhead

15. Wish we could have stayed longer....Sorry I missed you,Jeff and Brian.

16. SoCal Merc

SoCal Merc
    from SoCal

We'll catch up soon. Take care, Bob.

17. tattedfordguy

tattedfordguy

Hey this guy stole my dads paint job.

18. Matt and I thought it was him,til we saw it was a Coupe.

19. great guy always stoped to talk to him when he would be at pomona swapmeet .always offered water to my kids while we talked car pars he will be missed