Register now to get rid of these ads!

I want: YOUR pictures of the original Deora!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Magnumcharger, Jan 22, 2009.

1. I'm always impressed by someone who can convert their dreams to reality. Way to go man! It's also great to have friends who will take the time to help out with photos, drawings, etc..

A little heads-up on the measurement below the headlights as it looks to be closer to about 6 1/4" :D Looks like you got the "wire" right 'tho!

Keep pluggin' away - I love this project!

-Dave

2. If I can, you can bet I'll be taking it there!!
    I'm wondering if I should register it...just in case?

3. ol55

ol55
    from Virginia

4. goatboy

goatboy
    from kansas

that is a badass elco (or whatever) very very cool

5. Carguy1965

Carguy1965
    from Illinois

What's the latest on this build? I have not been able to find any updates lately. Looking good!

6. John Stimac

John Stimac

I worked in a shop in Cudahy Wisconsin that painted it once, check out the pic

Attached Files:

7. Wow!!! I rarely find my way back to the HAMB, but its always rewarding to see a picture like that one pop up out of obscurity!! Thank you for posting it. I know it was painted once by Ed Ebert in New Jersey.
    Would that be the Butch Brinza paintjob?

8. Man, you gotta get back here more often! I've been wondering what happened to this project! Are you able to progress? Have we seen the latest? Inquiring minds want to know!!

-Dave

9. BOHICA

BOHICA

No pictures, but kind of a neat story.

I got really into cars when I was 15 or 16 (big surprise, right?) and started buying car magazines left and right. I'd bring them to school and pull them out when we weren't doing anything. Most of the time, I'd share them with my geography teacher. One day, he called me up to his desk and pointed to a picture of the Deora. He related to me that his wife/our librarian was the niece of the Anderson brothers. Pretty cool!

10. Wow!!! This is the first time i've seen this thread.
    This is great.
    What is happening with the project?
    Still got my Deora HotWheels

11. I'm sure you meant "Alexander Brothers" right? Lol!

12. Dave, My Deora project is progressing...slowly! I started on it in 2005, gathering the required vehicles in no time, then scaling the required dimensions off of the AMT model and numerous drawings and photographs.
    I somehow managed to get ahold of Mike Alexander, builder of the original Deora, and he's provided me a lot of helpful tips and moral support.
    I've had a lot of fun building my replica, and learned an awful lot about fabrication...and patience!
    I've thought about starting a build thread here on the HAMB, but I already have one going on over at Hotrodders.com, although I haven't updated it in forever.
    http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/journal.php?action=view&journalid=30254&page=21&perpage=5&reverse=

13. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

14. hugh m

hugh m
    from ct.

Really great project, keep us posted....

15. John Stimac

John Stimac

Yes, the Butch paint job

16. guitard

guitard

Serious skills to pull this off... and just to get started took balls the size usually only seen rolling down cavern tunnels behind Indiana Jones. I'm drinking a cold beer right now and I have officially raised it to you. PLEASE update us here too!

17. I took a few shots of it at Detroit this year - not green like you wanted but...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. notrod13

notrod13
    from long beach

wholly cow how freaking kool!!!!!! i wanna see it done!!!!!