Register now to get rid of these ads!

v gate shifters and boots need pics...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ottos, Mar 20, 2012.

1. ottos

ottos

I have a v gate shifter and i dont have the boot and they dont make it anymore ...has anyone used a differnt style boot you can still get and how did it work out? like to see pics and what you used ...thanks

2. el caballo loco

el caballo loco
    from colorado

Get the BIGGEST hurst boot you can find. If you have the seperate reverser lever, you might hafta cut a hole for it but the Vgate guts will cram into the big hurst boot. I dunno of anybody even making the Vgate specific version anymore.

3. ottos

ottos

yeah i figured so ... i do have the sereperate shifter handle for reverse...

4. el caballo loco

el caballo loco
    from colorado

I've had both styles, my current V has the reverser integrated into the main shifter. I don't care for it as much but it WILL fit under that giant hurst boot.

5. Butch M

Butch M

I used the giant boot on mine

6. Rich Rogers

Rich Rogers

good thing to know, I've got the Mr. Gasket V-gate with the seperate reverse arm hangin on the shop wall and the Hurst Superboot that I'll have to cut a hole in so it looks like maybe it'll be ok

7. kurts49plym

kurts49plym
    from IL

I have the shifter, missing the boot, and missing the linkage! Probably using the large boot like others said is the way to go.