Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Econoline Madness Who's got one?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kornfedlifer, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Hogride

Hogride

:D Thanks Guys For your Help

2. P1019202.JPG

P1018938.jpg

8428716562_8a312f2334_z.jpg

Friends, Check out this link: http://shawnhibmacronan.com/current. This guy is going whole hog on a slammed Econoline and is trying to use Kickstarter to help fund the finish. It occurred to me that a more compelling pitch would be him building ten-twenty frames for hobbyists who are looking to slam their vans, and letting the profits made from those ten-twenty frames fund his build. I'm seriously thinking of reaching out to this guy with my idea. Opinions? Click the Vinvanco link below to see more first-gen van stuff.

droppedstepside likes this.
  3. AndrewnTX

AndrewnTX
    from Plano, TX

I'm goin to check that out. Would my Econo p/u be a candidate?

4. Scratch my prior assertion. He's not trying to fund the finish of his Econoline through Kickstarter, he actually succeeded in raising over 16K! Well payed, sir.
    Can't wait to see what he does with the dough. Sweet van.

5. j.r. Nice

j.r. Nice

I didn't read his whole build.....but was trying to figure out why people would donate to his project. What did I miss?

6. I was surprised to learn that he got over 16K in donations. He's an artist, has some really interesting transportation design and probably has some patrons of his art who appreciate his work from a purely artistic standpoint. I think he has crafted on hell of a van so far, and more power to him if you got some contributors to kick in. You might want to look at more of his work before to help understand the appeal.

7. j.r. Nice

j.r. Nice

Not sure if I'm allowed to post a direct link to an Ebay item, but thought these were pretty cool. ...and pricey...:D ...and no, not mine.

$T2eC16ZHJHQE9nzEy9TZBRRdq(dszQ~~60_57.jpg

8. Hellfish

Hellfish

9. j.r. Nice

j.r. Nice

....and my favorite...

$T2eC16hHJGkE9no8jEH4BRRgKl2MIw~~60_57.jpg

10. Church

Church
    from South Bay

Out and about in Van Go. Couldn't resist doubling back and snapping a shot when rumbled I past this red wall.

Attached Files:

11. Straight Axle Steve

Straight Axle Steve

Super Cool Picture!

12. hog mtn dave

hog mtn dave

Lots of cool Econolines here. I've been following the thread for a long time because I drove one for years. It was a fun ride. An old photo popped up a week or two ago. This is probably 1980 or so. Wish I still had it.

Attached Files:

13. dart165

dart165

When I was 15, my old man dragged home an econo-pickup. It looked nothing like this...kinda wish it did though..
    [​IMG]

14. Trumped

Trumped

I found this picture in an old book. Not an Econoline but very similar. Someone should a crazy custom along these lines...........?

[​IMG]

15. tiki_spike

tiki_spike

Anybody planning on going to this? I might drive my truck up from Costa Mesa.

[​IMG]

16. Seems to have influenced Gene Winfields Shop Truck.

17. rustybug13

rustybug13
    from Albany, Or

Read through this guy's blog and I gotta say I'm impressed at his work. But maybe I'm to much the purist to really like these vans cut up so they can sit with their bellies on the ground. The VW disel engine is a neat idea though.

18. VanRockn

VanRockn

My 1964 Econoline. I use it as a promotional van for my t-shirt business - VanRockn Apparel.

Attached Files:

19. FORD SHADOW'S PANEL MID BUILD.jpg

FORD PANEL VINVANCO JJ ILLUSTRATION.jpg

CHEVY GULLWING DOORS VISTA ROOF.jpg

JENDRO LOW CHEVY WVAN.jpg

A few project shots from Vinvanco. Click below to join.

20. Straight Axle Steve

Straight Axle Steve

Got another one yesterday Boys. 1961 California heater delete. Super clean. I'm going the other way with this one. Lowering it about 3 inches so its still driveable. Will post pictures when I rememeber how.

21. 1968pickup

1968pickup
    from ND

I found a 68 inline 200 motor is this a direct bolt in on my 63 econoline pickup with a 144 or is there anything I should look out for I might go et this motor tomorrow any tips for the swap appreciated

22. Hellfish

Hellfish

Do a search. I posted a lot of info about engine swaps for Econos. A 200 should be a direct swap for a 144 or 170. Go easy on it though. Apparently those 7" rear ends were weak even for the 170. You should be OK though.

Keep in mind that you will be converting from a generator to an alternator, so there will be some wiring changes, or just swap the 144 gen on to the 200.

23. pugnose65

pugnose65
    from Utah

Hey everyone! Well I have a 65 Econoline 5 window pickup as well and in the process of restoring it. They are so hard to find parts for and if anyone has a good parts supplier it would be great. The hard thing to find is the tailgate, hinges, and rear bumper and pan where the tailgate hinges. Also I am building a 5.0 to stuff into the engine compartment and would love to get some tips. I have seen one other and the guy cut a hole in the passenger side floorboard so the alternator would fit. I want to keep it as original as I can and make a sleeper with the old Gal.. Thanks :eek:

0801121735.jpg

0801121735a.jpg

Neal

Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
  24. Hellfish

Hellfish

Neal, there is no need to cut a hole for the alternator with a 65, but you might to clear the headers. If you do a search, I wrote a detailed article about engine swaps (see the post above yours), including what it took to swap a 5.0 into my 65. Not too much new sheet metal available, but there is some. Lots of new mechanical parts and parts (like bumpers) on eBay. I suggest you read through this thread. Lots of good info here

25. Straight Axle Steve

Straight Axle Steve

Yes, as Hellfish said. Pretty much a Direct bolt it. 144,170, and 200 were all basically the same on the outside.

26. h2omonkey

h2omonkey
    from vegas

Any econophils going to be at Viva? Hit me up, i'll be there with my white, flamed pickup

27. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

replacement... 200/c4, rolled rear pan, shaved everything, functional podded pipes, notched the frame front and rear but I haven't lowered it yet. Pickin up my windshield on sat, gotta sling a little mud and blow some sealer on it and she should be on the road next week!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
  28. 1968pickup

1968pickup
    from ND

has anyone made a bed cover for a econoline pickup out of a 61 to 67 econoline van roof if so how well did it fit and work thanks my buddy has a junk van so I might have to try this

Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
  29. Hellfish

Hellfish

Someone posted a pick with a cover like that. Looked great. I don't know what mods were needed or how hard it was to lift.

Looks good tbird!

30. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

Does it have to be a Ford to be cool? I've always thought Falcon trucks were neat and always wanted one. Instead, I opted to adopt a four-door, four-wheel-drive forward control in this '64 Kaiser. It needs A LOT of work!

[​IMG]